Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Remy would be the greatest heel announcer of all time. I could imagine the scenario

SNME-Ep02-feat.jpg

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter now:

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
You snooze, you lose.

Should've been an jumped on Hunt.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Crap, I really think Hunt would have been a real improvement (combination of Cohen and Howard), and I am sure the contract is not going to break the bank either.

In a year where we have limited cap space and limited draft picks, that is when we NEED to take a risk on someone. I'm sure ownership was opposed, so Pace was not able to get them on board.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Well let's win the Super Bowl and then we can see if I complain or not.

The 3rd down that led to 1st and goal was made with 1:52 left on the clock. A TO there then stops the clock there. Instead as you said, the Eagles don't snap the ball until 1:14 so yes they lost 40 seconds.

Bears would then still have 2 timeouts. Eagles ran twice on 1st and 2nd down for absolutely nothing. So then it would be 3rd down. Now the Eagles can try and run again and burn clock or throw like they actually did. I would much rather they tried to run for the TD on 3rd and 4th down rather than trying to defend 2 passes on 3rd or 4th down.

If they ran on either down, given our run D then that is a better outcome as well. Instead they ran basically the same play twice and we stopped it the first time but not the 2nd time. Imagine if they only had one crack at that pass play?

Otherwise, if they still chose to throw twice then we would have ended up with 1:40 or so on the clock with no timeouts. Much better as even on the Robinson pass, there is no way we blow 40 seconds trying to spike or run a play.

If the Bears stop the clock on the 3rd down conversion and then after 1st and 2nd down, they have 0 timeouts left. If the Eagles run on 3rd down and don't get it, they still are in the same 4th down and goal that they actually did convert for the TD. The Bears would have had 0 timeouts instead of 1 when they gained possession.

I would take what Nagy did 100 times out of 100 there and I am sure most here would agree with that.

Also, you said this: He took too long to call the timeouts and then after the Robinson catch, the team was terrible in trying to run a play or spike the ball. He then let 12 seconds run off clock before deciding to call timeout. Think it was noted that if he had taken the first TO and not let it run to 2 minute warning, it would have saved about 40 seconds.

That was a lie. He never let 12 seconds run off the clock before deciding to call a timeout. He let 0 seconds go off twice and 2 seconds one time. And even the timeout you wanted right after the 3rd down conversion was after the 2 minute warning, not before. So you don't even have your facts right.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears stop the clock on the 3rd down conversion and then after 1st and 2nd down, they have 0 timeouts left. If the Eagles run on 3rd down and don't get it, they still are in the same 4th down and goal that they actually did convert for the TD. The Bears would have had 0 timeouts instead of 1 when they gained possession.

I would take what Nagy did 100 times out of 100 there and I am sure most here would agree with that.

Also, you said this: He took too long to call the timeouts and then after the Robinson catch, the team was terrible in trying to run a play or spike the ball. He then let 12 seconds run off clock before deciding to call timeout. Think it was noted that if he had taken the first TO and not let it run to 2 minute warning, it would have saved about 40 seconds.

That was a lie. He never let 12 seconds run off the clock before deciding to call a timeout. He let 0 seconds go off twice and 2 seconds one time. And even the timeout you wanted right after the 3rd down conversion was after the 2 minute warning, not before. So you don't even have your facts right.

If the Eagles run on 3rd down then quite possible they fail on 4th. Part of the reason the play worked on 4th is that they ran it on 3rd and saw how Bears played it. So better off calling the timeout after the 3rd down conversion instead of wasting 40 seconds. In any event, I said they wasted 40 seconds and you now know they did.

And I was mistaken about the 12 seconds. Not mistaken about 40 seconds though. It is clear many fans at the time thought it was a poor decision.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If the Eagles run on 3rd down then quite possible they fail on 4th. Part of the reason the play worked on 4th is that they ran it on 3rd and saw how Bears played it. So better off calling the timeout after the 3rd down conversion instead of wasting 40 seconds. In any event, I said they wasted 40 seconds and you now know they did.

And I was mistaken about the 12 seconds. Not mistaken about 40 seconds though.

I like letting the clock run just inside of 2 minutes there. I want to get in that happy medium range around a minute where you still have time on offense if they do score AND they can't get the ball back if they don't score. Factoring both outcomes, it gives your team a chance. I like that percentage better.

If the situation was that the Bears were up by a FG or less, then that would be different. You would need to conserve the clock right away because the Eagles could rely on a FG. This was a 5 point game where they needed a TD so you had to see the other side of the coin. If the Bears call 3 straight timeouts with 1:50 and the Eagles don't score, they still have an opportunity to force a punt with the Bears pinned back and get the ball in Bears territory with 40-50 seconds left.

Most coaches in that situation will not starting calling timeouts right away when they are up more than a FG. If anything, I have seen the other way more often where a team doesn't call a TO at all and the offense gets down to 1 final play. You would be surprised how often that happens.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like letting the clock run just inside of 2 minutes there. I want to get in that happy medium range around a minute where you still have time on offense if they do score AND they can't get the ball back if they don't score. Factoring both outcomes, it gives your team a chance. I like that percentage better.

If the situation was that the Bears were up by a FG or less, then that would be different. You would need to conserve the clock right away because the Eagles could rely on a FG. This was a 5 point game where they needed a TD so you had to see the other side of the coin. If the Bears call 3 straight timeouts with 1:50 and the Eagles don't score, they still have an opportunity to force a punt with the Bears pinned back and get the ball in Bears territory with 40-50 seconds left.

Most coaches in that situation will not starting calling timeouts right away when they are up more than a FG. If anything, I have seen the other way more often where a team doesn't call a TO at all and the offense gets down to 1 final play. You would be surprised how often that happens.

Yeah disagree sorry as did a lot of Bears fans watching.

In the end 40 seconds was wasted like I said. We both are free to disagree on whether that waste was worth it.

https://wwl.radio.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/five-observations-nfl-s-wild-card-weekend

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah disagree sorry as did a lot of Bears fans watching.

In the end 40 seconds was wasted like I said. We both are free to disagree on whether that waste was worth it.

Yeah, and I am saying that most coaches won't do that.

Fact is, you said "Nagy is one of the worst at time management", yet so many other coaches would do the same thing. And on top of that, you got the amount of time wasted before deciding to call timeouts completely wrong. So it's no wonder that everyone disagrees with you to that degree.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I was watching the game at a bar and there were fans that wanted the Bears to LET THE EAGLES SCORE. Literally what you would do when a FG would beat you and you had no timeouts. Not a TD to beat you and you do have timeouts!

Lot's of dumb fans. I don't care if people wanted him to call TO there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I am saying that most coaches won't do that.

Fact is, you said "Nagy is one of the worst at time management", yet so many other coaches would do the same thing. And on top of that, you got the amount of time wasted before deciding to call timeouts completely wrong. So it's no wonder that everyone disagrees with you to that degree.

That is an unprovable statement.

https://wwl.radio.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/five-observations-nfl-s-wild-card-weekend

Fans and pundits agree it was bad clock management. But hey your mythical most coaches may disagree. Ok.

Everyone doesnt disagree with me. The fans in game thread agreed as does the author above. So did Windy who already conceded clock management was poor. Not sure who you have on side beyond these mythical most coaches.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was watching the game at a bar and there were fans that wanted the Bears to LET THE EAGLES SCORE. Literally what you would do when a FG would beat you and you had no timeouts. Not a TD to beat you and you do have timeouts!

Lot's of dumb fans. I don't care if people wanted him to call TO there.

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2...but-marred-by-questionable-decisions/a9o1u03/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...istakes-ranked-seahawks-running-bears-timeout

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
That is an unprovable statement.

Fans and pundits agree it was bad clock management. But hey your mythical most coaches may disagree. Ok.

Everyone doesnt disagree with me. The fans in game thread agreed as does the author above. So did Windy who already conceded clock management was poor. Not sure who you have on side beyond these mythical most coaches.

Bears head coach Matt Nagy has (rightfully) been thought of as a Coach of the Year candidate for his work in Chicago and the development of Trubisky. Nagy, however, looked like a young deer-in-the-headlights coach in the final minutes against Philadelphia. If clock management is one of a head coach's main responsibilities, give Nagy an 'F' grade yesterday. He failed to call a timeout after the Eagles first-and-goal play with under two minutes to play. The Bears had all three timeouts remaining, and the immensely correct decision there was to call a timeout to conserve time for your offense, should the Eagles score a go-ahead touchdown. Instead, Nagy decided to let another 40 seconds run off the clock, time the Bears surely would have loved to get back during their final drive. Then, in the final seconds when the Bears has gotten themselves into field goal range and the clock stopped with 10 seconds left on third down, Nagy decided to use his last timeout. What? There were a couple of options for Nagy in that spot, but one of those options should never be to burn a timeout for no reason at all. The Bears could have run another play to get closer for kicker Cody Parkey – yardage they surely would have loved considering Parkey’s game-winning field goal attempt ricocheted off the left upright. The other option was to send Parkey out immediately on third down, and save that timeout should something unforeseen happen, like a bad snap or a missed block on an Eagles' rusher. Holder Pat O’Donnell could have covered up the football in that case, and then immediately called timeout and given the Bears another attempt. Instead, Nagy did the mind-boggling thing by burning a timeout before sending Parkey out for his ill-fated attempt.

The author here is clearly wrong about the bold.

The Bears did call timeout after the 1st down and goal play. It is provided by video.
The Bears had no timeout called with 10 seconds left. They called it after the pass to Robinson. The one where you thought they took 12 seconds to call when in reality they took 2.

This guy is just as big of a moron as you. Maybe it's not Nagy that is bad at time management. It is you!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cool. There is a difference between me criticizing Nagy's specific clock management issues, and you making a blanket statement such as Nagy is the "one of the worst I've seen" at clock management.

Pretty much this.

The only way the remy vortex will survive is by making bold idiotic comments.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears head coach Matt Nagy has (rightfully) been thought of as a Coach of the Year candidate for his work in Chicago and the development of Trubisky. Nagy, however, looked like a young deer-in-the-headlights coach in the final minutes against Philadelphia. If clock management is one of a head coach's main responsibilities, give Nagy an 'F' grade yesterday. He failed to call a timeout after the Eagles first-and-goal play with under two minutes to play. The Bears had all three timeouts remaining, and the immensely correct decision there was to call a timeout to conserve time for your offense, should the Eagles score a go-ahead touchdown. Instead, Nagy decided to let another 40 seconds run off the clock, time the Bears surely would have loved to get back during their final drive. Then, in the final seconds when the Bears has gotten themselves into field goal range and the clock stopped with 10 seconds left on third down, Nagy decided to use his last timeout. What? There were a couple of options for Nagy in that spot, but one of those options should never be to burn a timeout for no reason at all. The Bears could have run another play to get closer for kicker Cody Parkey – yardage they surely would have loved considering Parkey’s game-winning field goal attempt ricocheted off the left upright. The other option was to send Parkey out immediately on third down, and save that timeout should something unforeseen happen, like a bad snap or a missed block on an Eagles' rusher. Holder Pat O’Donnell could have covered up the football in that case, and then immediately called timeout and given the Bears another attempt. Instead, Nagy did the mind-boggling thing by burning a timeout before sending Parkey out for his ill-fated attempt.

The author here is clearly wrong about the bold.

The Bears did call timeout after the 1st down and goal play. It is provided by video.
The Bears had no timeout called with 10 seconds left. They called it after the pass to Robinson. The one where you thought they took 12 seconds to call when in reality they took 2.

This guy is just as big of a moron as you. Maybe it's not Nagy that is bad at time management. It is you!

He is referring to 3rd down play which is obvious. Also provided you with 2 other articles including from Pro Football weekly.