Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we got to replay the final 2 minutes starting where the Eagles had 1st and goal at the 2 yard line, I still wouldn't call timeout there. Bill Belichick said in the same article that I provided that maybe calling TO in the SB was the right thing to do. So even he isn't saying it's cut and dry in that situation. What I find extremely unlikely is that a coach that decides to drop the clock down to 25 seconds instead of using one of their 2 timeouts would at the same time decide to call a timeout with 1:50 to go. No timeout means they both liked the matchups that is obvious.

For you to say you would have called a TO there is fair. For you to say that Nagy did a "terrible" job at clock management in the entire Eagles game solely based on your personal preference on one play is ridiculous.

BB said he waited because he expected pass due to his putting in goalline D. Once again the Eagles ran on the next two plays and the Bears did not have goalline D in so his comments don't apply to the actual situation Nagy faced. The trigger for whether you start using timeouts is when the team has 1st and goal because then you can reasonably predict that they only have about 4 plays left. The Seahawks were on the 49 when it was 1:50 left which is not when you call the timeout.

Umm I noted several instances where they let the play clock get down to the last seconds so it was not just based on this sequence. Nagy has an issue getting plays in on time and the offense is rushed as a result. Probably also helps to contribute to all the pre-snap penalties. However, generally speaking clock management in the last moments of a game are how one is judged on clock management because that is when the timing is most critical. Would you like me to judge him based on how he managed the end of the 3rd quarter?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
BB said he waited because he expected pass due to his putting in goalline D. Once again the Eagles ran on the next two plays and the Bears did not have goalline D in so his comments don't apply to the actual situation Nagy faced. The trigger for whether you start using timeouts is when the team has 1st and goal because then you can reasonably predict that they only have about 4 plays left. The Seahawks were on the 49 when it was 1:50 left which is not when you call the timeout.

Umm I noted several instances where they let the play clock get down to the last seconds so it was not just based on this sequence. Nagy has an issue getting plays in on time and the offense is rushed as a result. Probably also helps to contribute to all the pre-snap penalties. However, generally speaking clock management in the last moments of a game are how one is judged on clock management because that is when the timing is most critical. Would you like me to judge him based on how he managed the end of the 3rd quarter?

Obviously, this is not the case all the time.

Also, I am still waiting on you to list for me the coaches you think are better than Nagy at time management.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Team A doesn't call TO with 1st and goal at the 2 with 1:50 remaining = bad time management.
Team B doesn't call TO with 2nd and goal at the 1 with :50 remaining = great coaching

#remylogic

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously, this is not the case all the time.

Also, I am still waiting on you to list for me the coaches you think are better than Nagy at time management.

Based on the article you posted. Bill Bellichek for sure.

Team A doesn't call TO with 1st and goal at the 2 with 1:50 remaining = bad time management.
Team B doesn't call TO with 2nd and goal at the 1 with :50 remaining = great coaching

#remylogic

You seem confused. The great coaching was the fact BB went to goalline to dictate a pass and the result was an Int to win the game.

What this has to do with the Bears in base D refusing to call a timeout, wasting 40 seconds and the Eagles running two times in a row is beyond me. Especially when the end result was having to rely on a shitty kicker to win the game instead of driving for the GW TD because you had 40 extra seconds.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Based on the article you posted. Bill Bellichek for sure.

You seem confused. The great coaching was the fact BB went to goalline to dictate a pass and the result was an Int to win the game.

What this has to do with the Bears in base D refusing to call a timeout, wasting 40 seconds and the Eagles running two times in a row is beyond me. Especially when the end result was having to rely on a shitty kicker to win the game instead of driving for the GW TD because you had 40 extra seconds.

Belichick didn't dictate anything. The Seahawks made a blatant mistake and admitted it. Everyone (including you) would be ripping Belichick had the Seahawks scored and left no time for the Patriots offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Belichick didn't dictate anything. The Seahawks made a blatant mistake and admitted it. Everyone (including you) would be ripping Belichick had the Seahawks scored and left no time for the Patriots offense.

It would be really helpful if you read your own articles that you post.

Carroll has said that the Seahawks didn't want to run against the Patriots' goal-line defense. If New England was using a good portion of their 11-man unit to stop the run, Seattle might be able to squeeze in a pass by putting out three wide receivers.

So yes BB dictated the pass. He went to goalline and per your article, Carroll didn't want to run against their goalline D so he went to 3 wide. Sorry.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It would be really helpful if you read your own articles that you post.

Carroll has said that the Seahawks didn't want to run against the Patriots' goal-line defense. If New England was using a good portion of their 11-man unit to stop the run, Seattle might be able to squeeze in a pass by putting out three wide receivers.

So yes BB dictated the pass. He went to goalline and per your article, Carroll didn't want to run against their goalline D so he went to 3 wide. Sorry.

With that logic, he could have called timeout first preserving the time. Then came out in goal line defense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Think you need to look up what the word contradiction means.

I'm fully aware of the meaning. You can't keep the vortex churning without it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Yep...I think he left out that part.

I think it's hilarious he's still cunting over a 1st year HC's clock management. And then doubling down and citing the IGT as proof that people agree with him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

I think it's hilarious he's still cunting over a 1st year HC's clock management. And then doubling down and citing the IGT as proof that people agree with him.

How many people even agreed with him in that thread? 2?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With that logic, he could have called timeout first preserving the time. Then came out in goal line defense.

Moving goalposts. Your claim was that he didn't dictate anything. This is refuted by the article you provided where Carroll admits BB dictated the pass call that decided the game by showing goalline D. If you have concerns take it up with the author of your article or Carroll.

I think you like Didshe didn't read the article he posted. Carroll admits per the author that Bellichek dictated his pass play call by coming out in goalline D.

Reading is fundamental.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Moving goalposts. You claim was that he didn't dictate anything. This is refuted by the article you provided where Carroll admits he dictated the pass call that decided the game. If you have concerns take it up with the author of your article or Carroll.

That was their general strategy. Most teams would not find it as favorable to run into goal line defenses! How surprising!

It is not moving goal posts. If anything you are. The ORIGINAL point by posting the article was to show that Belichick did not call a timeout to stop the clock in a situation that would have preserved time where there was an entire minute LESS than there was in the Bears game. You are the one moving the goal posts for reasons he magically dictated what Carroll would do. So if that was true, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST CALL TIMEOUT TO PRESERVE THE TIME AND THEN LINE UP IN GOAL LINE TO DICTATE CARROLL THROWING IT WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT INSTEAD OF 25 SECONDS?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was their general strategy. Most teams would not find it as favorable to run into goal line defenses! How surprising!

It is not moving goal posts. If anything you are. The ORIGINAL point by posting the article was to show that Belichick did not call a timeout to stop the clock in a situation that would have preserved time where there was an entire minute LESS than there was in the Bears game. You are the one moving the goal posts for reasons he magically dictated what Carroll would do. So if that was true, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST CALL TIMEOUT TO PRESERVE THE TIME AND THEN LINE UP IN GOAL LINE TO DICTATE CARROLL THROWING IT WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT INSTEAD OF 25 SECONDS?

Because he figured since they would pass it would either be completed in the end zone for a TD or be incomplete and thus stop the clock. Pretty obvious. In any event, the simple fact is he dictated the play of the offense. This has been confirmed by Carroll so you claiming he didn't is simply wrong.

I didn't move goalposts because I never made an argument that this game was similar to the Eagles game, you did. Moving goalposts is when one makes an argument and then changes it when it has been rebutted. My argument never changed as I never suggested the Pats game was similar. Your argument changed because you claimed BB did not dictate the play to Carroll and then when I pointed out your article disproves that, you changed your argument to asking why he still didn't call the timeout.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Because he figured since they would pass it would either be completed in the end zone for a TD or be incomplete and thus stop the clock. Pretty obvious. In any event, the simple fact is he dictated the play of the offense. This has been confirmed by Carroll so you claiming he didn't is simply wrong.

I didn't move goalposts because I never made an argument that this game was similar to the Eagles game, you did. Moving goalposts is when one makes an argument and then changes it when it has been rebutted. My argument never changed as I never suggested the Pats game was similar. Your argument changed because you claimed BB did not dictate the play to Carroll and then when I pointed out your article disproves that, you changed your argument to asking why he still didn't call the timeout.

If the pass is completed for a TD, then it would be better to have an extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. If it is incomplete, there still is the extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. Either way, he still could dictate the offense because they have 25 seconds of play clock to adjust to the defensive formation.

So it's similar in that both coaches decided they would rather have 1 more timeout and 40 less seconds in a goal line situation inside 2 minutes with a 4-5 point lead. The Patriots just had 1 less minute than the Bears.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the pass is completed for a TD, then it would be better to have an extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. If it is incomplete, there still is the extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. Either way, he still could dictate the offense because they have 25 seconds of play clock to adjust to the defensive formation.

So it's similar in that both coaches decided they would rather have 1 more timeout and 40 less seconds in a goal line situation inside 2 minutes with a 4-5 point lead. The Patriots just had 1 less minute than the Bears.

The difference is as BB noted, he successfully dictated the play type he wanted hence why he held onto the TO. No such evidence that Nagy did the same.

Further, not sure how this proves your claim that started all of this. Your claim was most coaches, not a single coach whose situation was decidedly different because he played Carroll like a fiddle. When Nagy has that kind of knowledge to predict what his opponent is going to do causing his team to win then you can say they are the same.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The difference is as BB noted, he successfully dictated the play type he wanted hence why he held onto the TO. No such evidence that Nagy did the same.

And as I already said every time you brought that up, he still could have done that while calling the timeout.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Sounds like with a later article, Belichick knew he made a mistake because there was so little time left (unlike Nagy who still had ample time to score).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...chick-reviewed-no-timeout-decision-with-staff

For all those Patriots fans out there, feel free to file this under your already swooning narrative about Bill Belichick and his non-stop work ethic.

At the annual AFC coaches breakfast on Tuesday, New England's head coach was asked if he reviewed film from the Super Bowl and whether or not he spoke with his staff about the decision not to call a timeout at the end of the game.

Turns out, he has.

"We talked about all the situations that came up in that game," Belichick said. "They were numerous. But at the end of both halves, both were obviously critical situations in the game. Yeah, we talked about it."

He added: "There's a lot of situations in that game including at the end of the first half. I always think that there are things we can look at in terms of situational football. There are a lot of things we can do better and continue to work on, try to be as efficient as we can in those situations whenever they turn up."

While it isn't entirely surprising, it's interesting to see Belichick, just after his fourth Super Bowl win, re-watching the tape and having an open dialogue about whether he made the right decision.

Obviously, he was rewarded in the moment, though a different decision from Pete Carroll would have changed history forever. In the moment, Belichick was roundly criticized. In the end, he was right.

But that's why his viewing party sticks out to us. It's easy to say that most coaches would rest on their laurels, but there really isn't a comparison here. There is no better coach in NFL history, and perhaps we're getting a glimpse as to why.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Further, not sure how this proves your claim that started all of this. Your claim was most coaches, not a single coach whose situation was decidedly different because he played Carroll like a fiddle. When Nagy has that kind of knowledge to predict what his opponent is going to do causing his team to win then you can say they are the same.
Is this the only forum that you visit?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And as I already said every time you brought that up, he still could have done that while calling the timeout.

So you arguing against yourself now and saying he should have called the timeout?

Sounds like with a later article, Belichick knew he made a mistake because there was so little time left (unlike Nagy who still had ample time to score).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...chick-reviewed-no-timeout-decision-with-staff

For all those Patriots fans out there, feel free to file this under your already swooning narrative about Bill Belichick and his non-stop work ethic.

At the annual AFC coaches breakfast on Tuesday, New England's head coach was asked if he reviewed film from the Super Bowl and whether or not he spoke with his staff about the decision not to call a timeout at the end of the game.

Turns out, he has.

"We talked about all the situations that came up in that game," Belichick said. "They were numerous. But at the end of both halves, both were obviously critical situations in the game. Yeah, we talked about it."

He added: "There's a lot of situations in that game including at the end of the first half. I always think that there are things we can look at in terms of situational football. There are a lot of things we can do better and continue to work on, try to be as efficient as we can in those situations whenever they turn up."

While it isn't entirely surprising, it's interesting to see Belichick, just after his fourth Super Bowl win, re-watching the tape and having an open dialogue about whether he made the right decision.

Obviously, he was rewarded in the moment, though a different decision from Pete Carroll would have changed history forever. In the moment, Belichick was roundly criticized. In the end, he was right.

But that's why his viewing party sticks out to us. It's easy to say that most coaches would rest on their laurels, but there really isn't a comparison here. There is no better coach in NFL history, and perhaps we're getting a glimpse as to why.

Holy Shit, you are. You posted this to defend Nagy and now saying BB should call the timeout. Lol, this is hilarious.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this the only forum that you visit?

Nope the one I post the most in though. Spend 12-16 hours in front of a computer waiting for people to get me stuff to review so go back and forth between work and this board.