Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine judging a multi-year contract on one play from that player's most recent game! Drew Brees was "last seen" throwing an INT that cost his team the game against the Rams...underwhelming!

Or the point total from one game as overall significance to all playoffs.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
You can't just look at numbers to figure out if Robinson is worth the money same as you can't build a winning team just by looking at pff grades.

Anyone watching this year knows Robinson made a huge impact on how defenses played us and he was clutch when we needed him. His numbers should improve as Mitch improves as well but I could give a shit what his numbers are if this offense keeps humming along and he catches it when it's thrown his way.

He's worth the money if we keep winning. He's just another piece of the puzzle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another strawman. I said he underwhelmed on that contract which is a reference to his entire time there. The "and" indicates that the comment about the dropped pass was in addition to the comment about his underwhelming on his contract.

If ARob produced at this rate for 3 years, do you honestly think Pace would re-up him for another 14 million a year? Like can we have some objectivity and honesty here please? He underwhelmed. He will need to produce more even in an offense that spreads the ball or the the Bears will almost certainly go looking for a better WR instead of continue to pay him 14 million for middling production.

No team wants to pay 14 million a year for 754 yards. Get real. The Bears are obviously hoping this year is an anomaly and he pick it up next year or he most likely is gone.

If this offense is still producing at the level they are then I expect their will be bigger and more important changes that ARob.

As I said, this 754 yards is not a down year for Robinson in a high flying pffense. It was about what you can expect from a WR coming off major injury, in a new offense, with an inconsistent QB, and an offense that did not generate big numbers, and missing 3 games.

I think the Bears are okay with what they got from Robinson considering the growing pains that the entire offense was going through.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of guys stat lines will never match their paychecks.

That is because stats are a limited way of looking at someone's impact.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one should be throwing a parade for Robinson.

But what was he suppose to do this season?

Expecting huge numbers from a guy in stage 1 of this offense with a 2nd year QB who was up and down seems like people are ignoring the context of the season to just apply a pre-decided number.

Obviously, if he never grows from a 754 yard WR then he is not worth the money long term. But I have a hard time looking at this season and putting the blame at the feet of Robinson. Did I want more? Sure. Was that realistic based on all the things mentioned about? No.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just realize how privileged you are. You get to grow up in an amazing country where your ancestors worked for your freedom where hard work can pay off. Then you get a world class degree from a top institution and get handed a job where you get to boss people around while having the time to post on message boards all day.

Keep the personal shit out

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of guys stat lines will never match their paychecks.

That is because stats are a limited way of looking at someone's impact.

Or that is because they underperformed. You are free to believe ARob's production was fine this year. However, all these posters getting upset because people question 754 yards is just odd. When you only get 754 yards as a NO 1 WR, it is normal and expected that your production will be called into question. Somehow in Chicago though, fans are so quick to not only defend mediocre production but to get upset at other fans for questioning such low production.

Let's leave it at this. If ARob can't crack 1,000 yards next year then I would much rather we cut or trade him and bring in someone we can at least dream of producing like a NO 1 even in a offense that spreads it around. Because I think Bears fans are delusional if they think actual real No 1 WRs like AB wouldn't put up better numbers simply because the offense spreads it around. No 1 WRs get open and still get the ball in offenses that spread it around. The issue is ARob has only ever performed like a true No 1 in a single season so it is highly possible that he isn't actually a No 1 WR.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or that is because they underperformed. You are free to believe ARob's production was fine this year. However, all these posters getting upset because people question 754 yards is just odd. When you only get 754 yards as a NO 1 WR, it is normal and expected that your production will be called into question. Somehow in Chicago though, fans are so quick to not only defend mediocre production but to get upset at other fans for questioning such low production.

Let's leave it at this. If ARob can't crack 1,000 yards next year then I would much rather we cut or trade him and bring in someone we can at least dream of producing like a NO 1 even in a offense that spreads it around. Because I think Bears fans are delusional if they think actual real No 1 WRs like AB wouldn't put up better numbers simply because the offense spreads it around. No 1 WRs get open and still get the ball in offenses that spread it around. The issue is ARob has only ever performed like a true No 1 in a single season so it is highly possible that he isn't actually a No 1 WR.

The offense needs to improve, that is a given.

It is going to be hard for Robinson to produce more than 920 yards [his 16 game projection] if the offense only throws for 3700 yards.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The offense needs to improve, that is a given.

It is going to be hard for Robinson to produce more than 920 yards [his 16 game projection] if the offense only throws for 3700 yards.

It is going to be hard for the offense to produce more than 3,700 yards if their No 1 WR only produces 754 yards. This is a chicken vs egg argument. Do you think if Trubs actually had a Hill or AB or Hopkins that the O would only produce 3,700 passing yards?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is going to be hard for the offense to produce more than 3,700 yards if their No 1 WR only produces 754 yards. This is a chicken vs egg argument. Do you think if Trubs actually had a Hill or AB or Hopkins that the O would only produce 3,700 passing yards? Isn't part of the issue the fact our O has one of the worst No 1 WRs in the NFL?

I think more of it lies with Trubisky and Nagy than it does Robinson.

When you throw at a guy 94 times and only 68% of them are considered accurate enough to be caught, that is an issue that the WR cannot fix.

I do agree that Hopkins, AB, and Hill are better than Robinson. But they also make more, Hill not yet but soon, and they are never going to hit free agency for the Bears to sign.

I am willing to admit that Robinson is not one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did we take into account that Robinson missed 3 games, and was extremely limited in another, so basically missed 1/4 of the season? Prorate the stats they will look a lot better. And, look how he performed in the Bears biggest game of the year, the playoff game?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think more of it lies with Trubisky and Nagy than it does Robinson.

When you throw at a guy 94 times and only 68% of them are considered accurate enough to be caught, that is an issue that the WR cannot fix.

I do agree that Hopkins, AB, and Hill are better than Robinson. But they also make more, Hill not yet but soon, and they are never going to hit free agency for the Bears to sign.

I am willing to admit that Robinson is not one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

Lol ARob is probably not top 20. Even assuming he played the full year, not a lot of these guys that I would play ARob over as No 1.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/receiving.htm

Did we take into account that Robinson missed 3 games, and was extremely limited in another, so basically missed 1/4 of the season? Prorate the stats they will look a lot better. And, look how he performed in the Bears biggest game of the year, the playoff game?

Yes, still does not crack 1,000 yards. And he looked great not dragging his feet in our biggest game of year. Probably 15-20 guys that would have done so.

P.S. That last statement was me trolling.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fuck not remy again.

Edit: 2019 CCS HoF? Must be the most meaningless award ever.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck not remy again.

Edit: 2019 CCS HoF? Must be the most meaningless award ever.

Lol imagine getting salty over message board posts and awards.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol imagine getting salty over message board posts and awards.

Imagine saying your qb sucks cause he led an offense to 15 points, then seeing the best qb of all time score 13 points and win a Super Bowl to make you seem dumb as fuck

Just remy things, bro

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Imagine saying your qb sucks cause he led an offense to 15 points, then seeing the best qb of all time score 13 points and win a Super Bowl to make you seem dumb as fuck

Just remy things, bro

Against a far worse D too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Just remy things, bro

Imagine trying to give Brady credit for the Patriot's stellar defensive effort in the SB and then using that to pretend like the Bears' O scoring 15 points wasn't shitty.