Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He was asked a question and answered

This is a business Robinson knows that, on top of that hes active on social media so hes most likely already seen some of the Buzz about Hunt coming here.

Hunt is better than Howard and fits this offense better I'm sure Robinson knows that and he wants to win.

Also dont think Howard doesnt get traded if sign Hunt- His suspension will likely be 4 games.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yes, he should not answer any questions until he "earns" his 14 million with an arbitrary stat line that someone makes up.

I agree Robinson needs to answer questions so he shouldn't remain quiet and is fine saying he thinks the Bears would welcome Hunt.

But 754 yards and 4 TDs is not an arbitarary stat line unless you are nitpicking halftime for gypping AR on 4 measly receiving yards?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He was asked a question and answered

This is a business Robinson knows that, on top of that hes active on social media so hes most likely already seen some of the Buzz about Hunt coming here.

Hunt is better than Howard and fits this offense better I'm sure Robinson knows that and he wants to win.

Also dont think Howard doesnt get traded if sign Hunt- His suspension will likely be 4 games.

Shit, he might ASK to be traded if we sign hunt. JHow is on a contract year. He isn't looking to get 125 carries when he has a potential big payday coming a year from now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How fast can we get him here? Oh and Robinson should shut the fuck up because he plays in an offense that intentionally spreads the wealth.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree Robinson needs to answer questions so he shouldn't remain quiet and is fine saying he thinks the Bears would welcome Hunt.

But 754 yards and 4 TDs is not an arbitarary stat line unless you are nitpicking halftime for gypping AR on 4 measly receiving yards?

I meant arbitrary for what a 14 million dollar season looks like.

What is the acceptable stat line for a 14 million dollar season?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
How fast can we get him here? Oh and Robinson should shut the fuck up because he plays in an offense that intentionally spreads the wealth.

I doubt any team touches him before the suspension is announced. When that is i have no idea.

Does Vegas have odds on where he ends up? if So i fully expect the bears to be a top 3 destination for him

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I doubt any team touches him before the suspension is announced. When that is i have no idea.

Does Vegas have odds on where he ends up? if So i fully expect the bears to be a top 3 destination for him

I fully expect a jail cell to be a top three destination for him.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That chip on Howard's shoulder just got pizza platter sized.

napo55

Liked Posts:
What are the odds that Hunt messes up again? It's a real gamble to bet on a man who likely won't be available because of suspensions or other irresponsible behavior.

I'd rather see a good character RB drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
What are the odds that Hunt messes up again? It's a real gamble to bet on a man who likely won't be available because of suspensions or other irresponsible behavior.

I'd rather see a good character RB drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

In an ideal world you can draft a RB in the later rounds and he turns into Hunt. As bad as it is this is a world where talent and production will mask his mistakes. Thats just how it is plain and simple.

If he truly turned his life around it looks great if he doesn't then it looks bad

, but you do your research and try and turn over every stone and take a calculated gamble

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

KC intentionally spreads the wealth as does Philly. They still had WRs or TEs with over 1,000 yards. He underperformed. Still may be better next year and he has a right to say what he wants.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
KC intentionally spreads the wealth as does Philly. They still had WRs or TEs with over 1,000 yards. He underperformed. Still may be better next year and he has a right to say what he wants.

Nope... First year back from ACL, new team, QB and offense...

He also missed some games. He was fine. I can’t wait to watch him and Hunt next season.

napo55

Liked Posts:
In an ideal world you can draft a RB in the later rounds and he turns into Hunt. As bad as it is this is a world where talent and production will mask his mistakes. Thats just how it is plain and simple.

If he truly turned his life around it looks great if he doesn't then it looks bad

, but you do your research and try and turn over every stone and take a calculated gamble

Hunt has been involved in three incidents (that we know of). My point is that just like Ruben Foster, the chances are that he will repeat, get suspended, and not be available. I'd rather have a good character 3rd or 4th rounder, who may not be as talented as Hunt, but will not make a habit of beating people up. Also, I'd prefer to root for a good guy.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

Ertz: 156 targets
Hill: 137 targets
Kelce: 150 targets

Those are the three pass catchers over 1000 yards on those two teams. Robinson had 93 targets. Each of those others got targeted 50% more or higher.

Not Robinson's fault he doesn't have massive targets.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope... First year back from ACL, new team, QB and offense...

He also missed some games. He was fine. I can’t wait to watch him and Hunt next season.

Yeah that just explains why he underperformed.

Ertz: 156 targets
Hill: 137 targets
Kelce: 150 targets

Those are the three pass catchers over 1000 yards on those two teams. Robinson had 93 targets. Each of those others got targeted 50% more or higher.

Not Robinson's fault he doesn't have massive targets.

Yeah it kind of is his fault as if he were better at getting open like those guys he would get more targets. He doesn't have great separation stats.

He also doesn't catch a high percentage of targets. Everyone else is above 60%. He is at 58%. Last year in Jax he was at 48%. His one big year in Jax he was at 53%. He has never cracked 60% in catch percentage in his career.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah that just explains why he underperformed.

Yeah it kind of is his fault as if he were better at getting open like those guys he would get more targets. He doesn't have great separation stats.

He also doesn't catch a high percentage of targets. Everyone else is above 60%. He is at 58%. Last year in Jax he was at 48%. His one big year in Jax he was at 53%. He has never cracked 60% in catch percentage in his career.

I'm sure Bortles being his QB had absolutely NOTHING to do with that...lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Bortles being his QB had absolutely NOTHING to do with that...lol

Except again, his low catch percentage carried over to Chicago. Mitch completion percentage was 66.6%. So ARob's catch percent is 8% worse than his QB's average.

When Bortles completion percentage was 58.9% then ARob was 10% worse at 48%. When it was 58.6 during ARob's big season, ARob was at 53%. So sorry, the QB's completion percentage is always worse when throwing to ARob than when throwing to everyone else probably because again he doesn't get a ton of separation.

Not sure why Bears fans find it so hard to admit when someone they like underperforms.