Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Arthur Arkush and some bloggers... Ha!

Yes which is more than the most coaches claim from Didshe. I have provided real time responses from fans and articles from across the internet. Didshe has provided his unsubstantiated opinion from most coaches none of whom he quoted.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He is referring to 3rd down play which is obvious. Also provided you with 2 other articles including from Pro Football weekly.

It still makes him look bad. Him not being able to reference the actual correct play (that in his opinion they should have called TO) and not knowing when the Bears called their final TO shows that he is criticizing in hindsight.

I am not going to take people's opinion's seriously if they can't even get the simple facts right. That includes yours.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It still makes him look bad. Him not being able to reference the actual correct play (that in his opinion they should have called TO) and not knowing when the Bears called their final TO shows that he is criticizing in hindsight.

I am not going to take people's opinion's seriously if they can't even get the simple facts right. That includes yours.

Great you were given 2 other articles. Here is another.

It wasn't only because of odd time management decisions, which were evident throughout the 2018 season and were masked by Khalil Mack and an extraordinary defense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20190108/sports/190109259/

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
There will always been bloggers crazy opinions about every coach after every game. Means nothing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There will always been bloggers crazy opinions about every coach after every game. Means nothing.

Right and there will always be posters defending coaches with zero evidence. Means even less.

So again 40 seconds were wasted. You can feel how you want about it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He was coach of the year because he road the No 1 D to a 12-4 record. That proves nothing about his individual attributes. Once can win and still be terrible at clock management.

Interesting...you would put Nagy behind John Fox in clock management..

Eventhough...he "road" the No 9 D to a 5-11.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Right and there will always be posters defending coaches with zero evidence. Means even less.

So again 40 seconds were wasted. You can feel how you want about it.

It doesn't mean "even less". They both mean nothing.

Point being, not many people are gonna look at Nagy's time management as being one of the main contributing factors in the Eagles loss. And even less are gonna say that his overall time management "is one of the worst in the league". Even people here that agree with you that he was questionable vs the Eagles don't think that.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the play in question where 40 seconds came off the clock, Nagy was asked about that right after the game in the press conference. He looked a bit shocked at the question, and replied that he thought that all worked out pretty well. I did too.

These calls are always questionable. And like I said before, when they don't work out, the fans get irate. In this case people are confusing a missed field goal with poor time management. Everything really went quite well down that stretch. When Philly had the ball down there, and if you were told that they would fail 3 times for a TD and get it on 4th down, you would think that the Bears have no shot. Instead a very makeable game winning FG was blown.

There were probably 5 times during the season when I was pissed, usually when it is 4th and a yard, and our offense is standing there on the field, Nagy is staring at his play chart and then call time out with a few seconds left in play clock. Clueless. Now that pissed me off, not a head coach knowingly making a decision of how he is handling the clock down the stretch.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
From what was said about the Eagles loss as far as biggest reasons they didn't win:

1. Parkey

2. Trubisky early struggles
3. Nagy playcalling
4. Burton and Jackson not playing

5. Somewhere in here, a few people sprinkled in his time management.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what was said about the Eagles loss as far as biggest reasons they didn't win:

1. Parkey

2. Trubisky early struggles
3. Nagy playcalling
4. Burton and Jackson not playing

5. Somewhere in here, a few people sprinkled in his time management.

I don't think Trubisky struggled early in that game. He just ran the plays that were called, which played right into Eagles hand.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Rozner is one of the biggest idiots out there.

First of all, it wasn't 4 dropped INTs. There were 2.
Second, how was going for 2 a questionable decision? They were up 5, trying to make it 7. It was the 4th quarter so you can't use the "chasing points" argument.

So, in that entire article of drivel, he has one mere half sentence of "questionable time management". He is just as confused as Remy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In the play in question where 40 seconds came off the clock, Nagy was asked about that right after the game in the press conference. He looked a bit shocked at the question, and replied that he thought that all worked out pretty well. I did too.

These calls are always questionable. And like I said before, when they don't work out, the fans get irate. In this case people are confusing a missed field goal with poor time management. Everything really went quite well down that stretch. When Philly had the ball down there, and if you were told that they would fail 3 times for a TD and get it on 4th down, you would think that the Bears have no shot. Instead a very makeable game winning FG was blown.

There were probably 5 times during the season when I was pissed, usually when it is 4th and a yard, and our offense is standing there on the field, Nagy is staring at his play chart and then call time out with a few seconds left in play clock. Clueless. Now that pissed me off, not a head coach knowingly making a decision of how he is handling the clock down the stretch.

Fans were irate before knowing outcome.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rozner is one of the biggest idiots out there.

First of all, it wasn't 4 dropped INTs. There were 2.
Second, how was going for 2 a questionable decision? They were up 5, trying to make it 7. It was the 4th quarter so you can't use the "chasing points" argument.

So, in that entire article of drivel, he has one mere half sentence of "questionable time management". He is just as confused as Remy.

Great where is your evidence of most coaches? Also care to comment on other articles posted? Gave you 4 in total.

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2...but-marred-by-questionable-decisions/a9o1u03/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...istakes-ranked-seahawks-running-bears-timeout

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fans were irate before knowing outcome.

What fans were irate. Possibly dumb fans? Like the ones that scream during the game "call time out" or "throw the ball", and things like that? The ones that know more about football than entire coaching staffs? Those fans were proven wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What fans were irate. Possibly dumb fans? Like the ones that scream during the game "call time out" or "throw the ball", and things like that? The ones that know more about football than entire coaching staffs? Those fans were proven wrong.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...CARD-WEEKEND-—Foles-magic-dies-edition/page62

I am confused. You just admitted to criticizing the football staff 5 times this season. Is criticism then only smart when you do it? Did you know more about football those 5 times than entire coaching staffs? If you accept these calls are always questionable then why is one side dumb for questioning it?

Perhaps we should accept that people can have good faith differences of opinion on these things. Instead of resorting to name calling simply because they disagree with you. Especially when you do the very same thing by your own admission just for different situations.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Great where is your evidence of most coaches? Also care to comment on other articles posted? Gave you 4 in total.

I commented on 2. One you needed to have a subscription to read and the other was a personal blog.

Just barely inside of 2 minute warning, team down by 4-7 points is driving and the defense doesn't stop clock at first opportunity? In the Patriots vs Steelers game this year, Mike Tomlin had 2 opportunities to stop the clock and preserve time and chose not to.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401030956

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I commented on 2. One you needed to have a subscription to read and the other was a personal blog.

Just barely inside of 2 minute warning, team down by 4-7 points is driving and the defense doesn't stop clock at first opportunity? In the Patriots vs Steelers game this year, Mike Tomlin had 2 opportunities to stop the clock and preserve time and chose not to.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401030956

Not sure what you are talking about. The Eagles after the 3rd down play have first and goal and thus only have 4 more plays and you have 3 timeouts. So you stop the clock precisely because you know they can only let the clock run for one play without you being able to call timeout.

In the above game, the Steelers are up 7 not 5 and the Pats never get 1st and goal. It would be stupid to waste timeouts when the Pats can still get a first down without it being first and goal.

The reason why the Bears should have called TO is because the Eagles only had 4 plays left. Duh!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...CARD-WEEKEND-—Foles-magic-dies-edition/page62

I am confused. You just admitted to criticizing the football staff 5 times this season. Is criticism then only smart when you do it? Did you know more about football those 5 times than entire coaching staffs? If you accept these calls are always questionable then why is one side dumb for questioning it?

Perhaps we should accept that people can have good faith differences of opinion on these things. Instead of resorting to name calling simply because they disagree with you. Especially when you do the very same thing by your own admission just for different situations.

I criticized the staff when blatantly were not prepared for a situation to call a play and wasting a timeout and momentum. I am quite certain they would criticize themselves for that as well. You are outright calling Nagy terrible at time management and siting a specific example which many including myself do not agree with you, nor does Nagy after the fact as well.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nothing like posting op-ed pieces to support your opinion...