Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No I shouldn't as I never made the claim. Now again where is your evidence that most coaches agree with you? Or will you just admit you overstated your case?

Only if you admit you overstated that Nagy was one of the worst in the NFL at time management.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]@remy citing the IGT as people agreeing with him

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Hmm I admit it is my opinion. You however claimed most coaches agree with you.

In my opinion, most coaches would agree with me based on my recollection of games that I watched where coaches would not call timeouts that early with a lead more than a FG. I admit it is anecdotal and I do not remember specific instances. It's more so my instant reaction when watching it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]@remy citing the IGT as people agreeing with him

Well better than citing most coaches and then providing zero coaches that agreed with you.

Furthermore I cited IGT people because DaaBears was claiming people bitch only when it does not work out. This is objectively false as people bitched at the time prior to knowledge of outcome.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In my opinion, most coaches would agree with me based on my recollection of games that I watched where coaches would not call timeouts that early with a lead more than a FG. I admit it is anecdotal and I do not remember specific instances. It's more so my instant reaction when watching it.

Ok you are free to have that opinion just as I am free to say Nagy is one of worst clock managers I have ever seen.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well better than citing most coaches and then providing zero coaches that agreed with you.

Furthermore I cited IGT people because DaaBears was claiming people bitch only when it does not work out. This is objectively false as people bitched at the time prior to knowledge of outcome.

Wrong. The time management DID work out. Actually it worked out perfectly, like Nagy said. The guy missed the game winning field goal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wrong. The time management DID work out. Actually it worked out perfectly, like Nagy said. The guy missed the game winning field goal.

Read what I said. Your claim was people only bitch when it does not work out. That is what you said. This is in fact false because before anyone knew whether it would work out or not they criticized in the IGT.

So whether it worked or not is irrelevant because people were complaining prior to knowing the outcome.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read what I said. Your claim was people only bitch when it does not work out. That is what you said. This is in fact false because before anyone knew whether it would work out or not they criticized in the IGT.

So whether it worked or not is irrelevant because people were complaining prior to knowing the outcome.

I love your spirit, there are times on here where I agree with you, but it is time for me to exit this one.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Ah...the vortex continueth...

You might as well just say Bill Swerski agrees with you.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love your spirit, there are times on here where I agree with you, but it is time for me to exit this one.

Get back into this vortex!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted.

"... We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don’t know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."

Umm Eagles ran twice after the first down. BB said he didnt call time out because he expected pass and he was right. The obvious implication IS that he woulD have called the TO if he thought they were running. So this just makes the Bears look dumber. Not only did they not call a timeout, they did not switch to goal line D to try and force a pass.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted.

"... We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don’t know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."

Umm Eagles ran twice after the first down. BB said he didnt call time out because he expected pass and he was right. The obvious implication IS that he woulD have called the TO if he thought they were running. So this just makes the Bears look dumber. Not only did they not call a timeout, they did not switch to goal line D to try and force a pass.

And for all we know, Nagy wanted them to run because he felt it was their best chance to stop the run and have the Eagles in a 3rd and 4th down since there was enough time on the clock 1:50 when it all started that he could use a few timeouts after the running plays. And even so, the Patriots didn't call TO with 50 seconds remaining, not 1:50. Further, it would have taken atleast 10 seconds for the Seahawks to even show their personnel. So if they showed run and he called timeout, to you he would have been wasting time since you were complaining about time the Bears lost before calling their timeouts.

The point though is there is a lot that goes into the decisions to call timeouts. It's not black and white like you want to make it out to be. We see the greatest coach of all time decide to run the clock down to a point where a score eliminates all time of Brady (the greatest QB of all time) getting a chance at a realistic drive. Why? Because he liked a matchup. Nagy could have liked a matchup too. In his strategy, which he even said after the game, he didn't consider calling a TO there. And the thing is, it worked too. The Bears got the ball back with plenty of time for the winning FG. They just missed it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. If Nagy wanted them to run then he is an idiot and even more reason to call timeout instead of waste 40 second.

2. If the Seahawks showed run then you have to roll with it but the point is BB's decision not to call timeout was aligned with his desire for them to throw. That is what makes him a great coach. Not calling the TO but then wanting them to run is not aligned and pretty stupid.

3. No one said there wasn't a lot that goes into these decisions but nothing you presented supports your argument. The fact a lot goes into them doesn't mean one cannot make a wrong decision and in fact is likely to result in people messing it up because a lot does in fact go into it.

4. There is no evidence that Nagy liked a matchup. Only evidence that Bellichek did and he was right. Hence why he is considered a great coach. Trying to use BB's obviously correct decision to justify a rookie HC wasting 40 seconds is truly odd. Nagy has not earned the right for such comparisons yet.

5. No Nagy's strategy did not work as he still had to rely on a shitty kicker who inevitably missed. If he had left more time on the clock then they could have driven for a GW TD or made the FG attempt a chip shot instead of a 43 yarder.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
4. There is no evidence that Nagy liked a matchup. Only evidence that Bellichek did and he was right. Hence why he is considered a great coach. Trying to use BB's obviously correct decision to justify a rookie HC wasting 40 seconds is truly odd. Nagy has not earned the right for such comparisons yet.

The contradiction keeps the vortex churning

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Think you need to look up what the word contradiction means.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
1. If Nagy wanted them to run then he is an idiot and even more reason to call timeout instead of waste 40 second.

2. If the Seahawks showed run then you have to roll with it but the point is BB's decision not to call timeout was aligned with his desire for them to throw. That is what makes him a great coach. Not calling the TO but then wanting them to run is not aligned and pretty stupid.

3. No one said there wasn't a lot that goes into these decisions but nothing you presented supports your argument. The fact a lot goes into them doesn't mean one cannot make a wrong decision and in fact is likely to result in people messing it up because a lot does in fact go into it.

5. No Nagy's strategy did not work as he still had to rely on a shitty kicker who inevitably missed. If he had left more time on the clock then they could have driven for a GW TD or made the FG attempt a chip shot instead of a 43 yarder.

If we got to replay the final 2 minutes starting where the Eagles had 1st and goal at the 2 yard line, I still wouldn't call timeout there. Bill Belichick said in the same article that I provided that maybe calling TO in the SB was the right thing to do. So even he isn't saying it's cut and dry in that situation. What I find extremely unlikely is that a coach that decides to drop the clock down to 25 seconds instead of using one of their 2 timeouts would at the same time decide to call a timeout with 1:50 to go. No timeout means they both liked the matchups that is obvious.

For you to say you would have called a TO there is fair. For you to say that Nagy did a "terrible" job at clock management in the entire Eagles game solely based on your personal preference on one play is ridiculous.