Bears select RB David Montgomery 73rd overall

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who said he can't be questioned about his draft picks or signings? The difference is that you question pretty much everything he does and have been doing this for 4 years. It's so clear that Pace has done a great job with what he's done with this team in his 4 years but you still can't admit it because you'd rather keep talking about his misses in the last 4 years. This convo with you is old and tiring.

You did.

Seems like we were all wrong about what Nagy wants in a RB with the M.Davis signing and D.Montgomery drafting because neither have that breakaway speed that everyone on here thought he'd want but these are the guys Pace got for him and i'm sure Nagy had a ton of input on each one so if this is what Nagy wants then who are we to doubt him like we already have.

The bold asks who are we to doubt does it not as if one season of winning suddenly means Pace and Nagy are beyond questioning.

You seem confused. You and I already had it out when you didnt want us to get Mack. Pace has been good overall. Doesnt mean every decision he makes cant be questioned.

I mean if we drafted Jeremy Langford you would claim we cant doubt it because Pace won. That is dumb. Each individual move can be evaluated individually even if the GM overall has done well.

And if I think Pace sucks like some allege why did I say the bold? Your head is so far up Pace's ass you don't even understand what you or others have written.

Pace is a good GM. We can still doubt individual moves. What don't you understand about this?

Here is a thought, if you like the pick then like the pick. If others question the pick let them question the pick. Time will tell who is right. I even said from the start I don't mind the Montgomery pick. I just think it is fair game to express reasonable concerns about it without Pace nuthuggers like you asking who are we to doubt as if Pace is football Jesus. Even Thomas doubted Jesus but you telling me we can't doubt Pace? GTFOH. One can doubt an individual pick without it being an indictment on Pace or Nagy's as a whole.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You did.

The bold asks who are we to doubt does it not as if one season of winning suddenly means Pace and Nagy are beyond questioning.

And if I think Pace sucks like some allege why did I say the bold? Your head is so far up Pace's ass you don't even understand what you or others have written.

Pace is a good GM. We can still doubt individual moves. What don't you understand about this?

Here is a thought, if you like the pick then like the pick. If others question the pick let them question the pick. Time will tell who is right. I even said from the start I don't mind the Montgomery pick. I just think it is fair game to express reasonable concerns about it without Pace nuthuggers like you asking who are we to doubt as if Pace is football Jesus. Even Thomas doubted Jesus but you telling me we can't doubt Pace? GTFOH.

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well, according to twitter Nagy got his guy in Montgomery. So we'll see how good Nagy is at scouting/drafting.
Don't get me wrong, I like Nagy so far, but some around here are already crowning him. He's got a long way to go to prove himself. Coaching isn't just isolated to cute play calling. He's gotta develop Trubisky and get something outta the picks he wanted from the start.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
13+ pages on a third round pick.........is that some kind of record?

My question is, who is the 3rd and one or redzone RB in this system, or do the Bears still need a power-back?

Don't know much about this guy, looks shifty, anyone know how many tackles for loss he had?
With the current corral, it'd be Monty. He's 5'10" 222lbs with good quick vision. His college used him on the goaline. And Nagy still likes to stay unpredictable on the goalline.

If Bears have Nall on active-day roster playing ST, it's possible they'd consider him for shortyardage, but Nall isn't exactly a leg-churner either, so I highly doubt it.

Sorry, don't know Monty's TFL.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, according to twitter Nagy got his guy in Montgomery. So we'll see how good Nagy is at scouting/drafting.
Don't get me wrong, I like Nagy so far, but some around here are already crowning him. He's got a long way to go to prove himself. Coaching isn't just isolated to cute play calling. He's gotta develop Trubisky and get something outta the picks he wanted from the start.

Mitch improved last year. I have faith in Nagy

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He can be blamed because he is the man in charge. If you draft 5 first rounders and they all get injured and yout team sucks then you still probably getting fired even if they all had a clean bill of health.

At the heights of any profession, results matter. Pace survived White because his team ended up winning.
But is he 100% to blame? No fucking way.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Loses and missed playoffs are what get coaches and gm’s fired

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Of course not. No one said he was.
Please go read my previous post. I was directly responding to someone who 100% said that Pace was 100% to blame.

Please read my previous post. I said that he could be partially blamed. What are you arguing about?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ehh, howard was a different guy the 2 years prior. HE had happy feet this past season, sat around looking for holes rather than hitting it.

Monty isn't "totally" different than howard, they are similar, their "elite" traits are different however. Monty is much more shifty than howard and has more wiggle to his game, Howard never had more than one cut.

Lol dude has led the nation in forced missed tackles 2 years in a row...again. He is totally different than Howard. His lateral quickness, stop and start on a dime is something Howard never possessed. Howard was a straight ahead power runner...I dont know hiw u can watch their tape and see similar runners. Like seriously how?

Howard

Montgomery

Any comparison would be Hunt or Bell. Hopefully he will ascend to those heights