Bears select RB David Montgomery 73rd overall

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once again you're mistaking me for ever saying i didn't want us to get K.Mack. I was and am a huge fan of K.Mack and absolutely wanted him just like everyone else. What i didn't want was to give up too much to get him along with what we'd have to give him with in a new contract. Now please explain to me how not wanting to give up too much for any player is stupid? I'll wait.

You are and have been the biggest Pace hater since we got him.
Nahhhh EggBritches is Absolutely the biggest Hater....but his hatred is all Green at this point

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah those 4th round picks are useless. Bears never pick up anyone good in the 4th
Don't we GET COMP pics next year ?????????? PLEASE. Let's forget the 4th pic narrative everybody. Relax and Enjoy Pinball 2.0 in the fall

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isn't amazing, but what he does he does exceptionally well. I'm a fan of the pick. IT was a major position of need and we addressed it. Only the Special person meatballs will knock it, but they will also be the first ones buying his jersey once he puts up a few monster games.

LOLOLOLOL POST DID NOT AGE WELL

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOLOLOLOL POST DID NOT AGE WELL

Glad to see I'm keeping you busy.

BTW, how did it not age well? My post stands true today just like it did a year ago. He's not amazing, but he does certain things well.

It was a major position of need, and we addressed it.

I like how you casually ignored all of the posts on the first page where I say I'm not a fan of monty, but I get the pick. Master troll job.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I’m not a Montgomery fan, and even I like it.

Most thought he’d be gone by the early 2nd. He hasn’t legit potential to start and Be productive

BTW, how did it not age well? My post stands true today just like it did a year ago. He's not amazing, but he does certain things well.

I like how you casually ignored all of the posts on the first page where I say I'm not a fan of monty, but I get the pick. Master troll job.

we?
I don't think you're right with this one.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Same. I made a Henderson thread months ago before the draft even mattered. Obviously it got trolled by all the nerds.

I feel like part of the trade up was that the bears did have legit interest in both sanders and henderson, and saw them both go off the board in the late 2nd/early 3rd, so panic mode somewhat set in.

Still, Montgomery wasn't one of my top 3 favorite "fits" for this team, but he's clearly one of the top 3 best pure runners in this draft.

He isn't amazing, but what he does he does exceptionally well. I'm a fan of the pick. IT was a major position of need and we addressed it. Only the Special person meatballs will knock it, but they will also be the first ones buying his jersey once he puts up a few monster games.

Full post, btw.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Fyi that post is like 3 hours old and grimson isnt around to reply to you, latebloomer.

We've literally been @ our backyards all afternoon in a virtual Kubb tournament on ZOom all afternoon. It's literally beautiful out rn. U should go enjoy some fresh air when u are done waking up.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Without a fanbase there would be no NFL. So yes, WE. If you have a problem with it go cry to virginia.

I don't know man. It isn't right. Wrong way to say it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to judge Monty from last year. OL has everything to do with running. OJ had 1610 yards and 3.96 ypc over his entire 1st 3 years. No it doesn't mean Montgomery=OJ but you gotta give draft picks more than a year unless they show something special or disastrous.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I distinctly remember Montgomery getting hit in the backfield ALOT last year, and he would still manager to get positive yards.

He did exactly what they thought he would do, have great balance at first contact and gain yardage. He is not fast like Cohen, and we saw Cohen regress last year behind that blocking.

I HOPE they figure out how to run block this year, because if they do I think Montgomery will surprise us with some very consistent runs.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I distinctly remember Montgomery getting hit in the backfield ALOT last year, and he would still manager to get positive yards.

He did exactly what they thought he would do, have great balance at first contact and gain yardage. He is not fast like Cohen, and we saw Cohen regress last year behind that blocking.

I HOPE they figure out how to run block this year, because if they do I think Montgomery will surprise us with some very consistent runs.
This. Montgomery has some stellar balance and ability to shrug tackles. If the O line and run blocking scheme gives him any room to run then he's going to be kind of guy who demoralizes a defense as the game wears on. He can catch out of the backfield too. We've got a really good player in him.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Not sure why this is still being discussed. The Bears do not have a strong RB room, Montgomery is a good rotational back. There really are no other significant backs to speak of currently on the roster. It is obvious we have a weak situation or all the Bears faithful would be bragging. It is a weak part of the team, and one of the easiest to fix, just not sure why Pace and Nagy don't appear to be interested.