Bears unveil All-Time Defense team

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I wasn't alive when McAfee played but I believe Donnell Woolford deserves an honorable mention. He was a very good CB and played for the Bears for 10 years. He's second in career ints for the franchise.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
BELL WAS ARGUABLY DEFENSIVE MVP FOR THE LEAGUE IN 1984
since the award was given out and he didn't win you literally can't argue he was the defensive MVP.

His best stat that year was interceptions....there were 2 players on the Bears, let alone the league, with more picks than him. One of them was the other safety.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
since the award was given out and he didn't win you literally can't argue he was the defensive MVP.

His best stat that year was interceptions....there were 2 players on the Bears, let alone the league, with more picks than him. One of them was the other safety.
STUPID LOGIC.

I SAID "ARGUABLY"

INTERCEPTIONS DONT DEFINE LEAGUE MVP....DUH

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
STUPID LOGIC.

I SAID "ARGUABLY"

INTERCEPTIONS DONT DEFINE LEAGUE MVP....DUH

capitalizing doesn't make your argument better.......he wasn't the best defensive player on his team let alone the league....

I would argue Dent was more valuable on that defense along with Hampton and McMichael who both had double digit sacks from the DT position.

vintage-bear

Liked Posts:
I wasn't alive when McAfee played but I believe Donnell Woolford deserves an honorable mention. He was a very good CB and played for the Bears for 10 years. He's second in career ints for the franchise.
Donnell Woolford can't cover anybody

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
BELL WAS ARGUABLY DEFENSIVE MVP FOR THE LEAGUE IN 1984

Bell was an "Adrian Amos fraud". That 84 Bears pass rush was unreal. I think they still hold the record for sacks. Dent became a starter. Hampton was healthy. 72 sacks. Bell was a linebacker playing safety, and his lack of coverage skills didn't matter because the QB was always under pressure. Not surprising that Bell was completely replaceable when he held out in 1985, and not surprised that he ended up being switched to LB in Philly.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to not see Marshall on the OLB list, but I get it.

baredown

Liked Posts:
The ‘85 Bears defense, the best of all time, was the product of Bell’s & Al Harris’ holdouts. No disrespect to either player, but starting Marshall & Duerson elevated a top-level defense into one for the ages. No way Buddy Ryan starts either of them, if Bell & Harris sign their contracts. In the end, Bell’s second greatest contribution to the Bears was holding out in ‘85.

His greatest contribution was annihilating Joe Washington in the ‘84 playoff game with the Redskins. I’ve never seen a game turn on one hit like that one did. In a sense, that one play started the Bears on their ‘85 SuperBowl run. But that doesn’t earn him a spot on any Bears all-anything team...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The ‘85 Bears defense, the best of all time, was the product of Bell’s & Al Harris’ holdouts. No disrespect to either player, but starting Marshall & Duerson elevated a top-level defense into one for the ages. No way Buddy Ryan starts either of them, if Bell & Harris sign their contracts. In the end, Bell’s second greatest contribution to the Bears was holding out in ‘85.

His greatest contribution was annihilating Joe Washington in the ‘84 playoff game with the Redskins. I’ve never seen a game turn on one hit like that one did. In a sense, that one play started the Bears on their ‘85 SuperBowl run. But that doesn’t earn him a spot on any Bears all-anything team...
Nonsense. Bell was the starter going into 85 before the holdout. In 84 he was the most valuable defender on the team

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nonsense. Bell was the starter going into 85 before the holdout. In 84 he was the most valuable defender on the team

1 pro bowl in his career. LOL

Fencik and Brown were both named first team all pro, Bell never was. Not even close, Bell had one good season, wasn't even good enough to make first team all pro.

Ommy, on the wrong side of everything, again.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Fencik and Brown were both named first team all pro, Bell never was. Not even close, Bell had one good season, wasn't even good enough to make first team all pro.

Ommy, on the wrong side of everything, again.
Noob. Trying to compare performances now against 30 years ago. Thanks Mr. Statistics. lololololololo

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Noob. Trying to compare performances now against 30 years ago. Thanks Mr. Statistics. lololololololo

Now to 30 years ago, WTF are you talking about? You were the one comparing Bell to Fencik and Brown, everyone else says there is no comparison. You get lost in your own lame ass argument you fucking goofball.

vintage-bear

Liked Posts:
Well he is 53 years old...

I think Mike Ditka said to the press that Woolford "...can't cover anybody" after a tough loss his rookie year that some claimed set him back for a couple of years due to loss of self confidence. I could be wrong...foggy memory.