Best Bears WRs since 1977?

Best Bears WR Since 1977

• Total voters

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Who were the best Bears WR since 1977? Why?

Rank the best 5...

Was it...?

B Marshall
Curtis Conway
Muhsin Muhammad
Marty Booker
Gault
Mckinnon
Rashaad Davis

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall is the best WR to don the navy and orange. And it’s not close.

This is certainly true talent wise, but the guy only played 3 seasons for the Bears, and contributed to the bottoming out of this team. Putting him in a list of favourite Bears seems an odd choice to me. Putting him at the top of this list seems obvious.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I've only been watching since the early 2000's, but I have to say it is easily Brandon Marshall as well. Cutler would eyeball-f*** him all day and he would be the only WR worth a crap on the field and he would still haul in 150+ yards

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
MRob all day.
He wasnt a diva bitch either.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Marcus Robinson is intriguing, but he was just a one hit wonder.

Muhsin Muhammad really was right, "Chicago is were WRs go to die."

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soon AR will earn his spot on this list.

May I confess there is a small part of me that wants to see Pace cut AR next spring just to see how many times the Bears can get you to change your screen name.

As to the OP...B Marsh still leads the pack based on talent alone. If I am just playing favorites...Marty Booker.

1977 also seems like a weird place to start the journey.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
May I confess there is a small part of me that wants to see Pace cut AR next spring just to see how many times the Bears can get you to change your screen name.

As to the OP...B Marsh still leads the pack based on talent alone. If I am just playing favorites...Marty Booker.

1977 also seems like a weird place to start the journey.

1977 was actually an interesting year all round culturally, probably the best of the decade.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1977 was actually an interesting year all round culturally, probably the best of the decade.

I was alive in the 70s, but the only real impact it had on me was all of the Hanna Barbara cartoons.

The first cassette tape I ever bought with my own money and of my own free will was '77 by the Talking Heads, but that was more like 1982.

jive

Liked Posts:
1. Brandon Marshall. Great catching radius with ability to create YAC. Good stats as well.
2 Marty Booker. The guy produced with crappy QBs, total baller.
3 Curtis Conway. Best in terms of athleticism. Blazing fast, decent size and strength.Crappy QBs for him as well.
4 Alshon Jeffrey. Great hands and ability to make circus catches.
5 Willie Gault. Amazing speed that stretched defenses.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I went with Marshall because he was the best. I also went with Dennis McKinnon because he was the best receiver on the only Bears championship team I remember.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not on list: James Scott (1974-1980) (1982–1983 )
Scott ( a deep threat) was one of the few bright spots on a 1977 playoff team that featured Payton.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Marshall was the best. When he was with the Broncos, Kyle Orton started a season 6-0 by simply throwing short passes to Marshall and letting him run over people to get the first down. He was unstoppable.

Marcus Robinson was also incredible. He had a 1400 yard season with Cade McNown and Shane Matthews lobbing him the ball. I remember he didn't do much aside from that season, but a few years later he resurfaced with the Ravens. The week prior the Ravens had lost to the Dolphins 9-6 in perhaps the worst "offensive mind" coaching matchup in NFL history (Wannstedt vs. Billick!!). The next week with one of the worst starting QBs in NFL history, Anthony Wright, the Ravens put up 44 points on the Seahawks by simply heaving the ball to Robinson (7-131-4).

My personal favorite was Jeff Graham. Not all that big or fast, but great hands and could always get open. The Bears messed up by not keeping him around longer.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall was the best. When he was with the Broncos, Kyle Orton started a season 6-0 by simply throwing short passes to Marshall and letting him run over people to get the first down. He was unstoppable.

Marcus Robinson was also incredible. He had a 1400 yard season with Cade McNown and Shane Matthews lobbing him the ball. I remember he didn't do much aside from that season, but a few years later he resurfaced with the Ravens. The week prior the Ravens had lost to the Dolphins 9-6 in perhaps the worst "offensive mind" coaching matchup in NFL history (Wannstedt vs. Billick!!). The next week with one of the worst starting QBs in NFL history, Anthony Wright, the Ravens put up 44 points on the Seahawks by simply heaving the ball to Robinson (7-131-4).

My personal favorite was Jeff Graham. Not all that big or fast, but great hands and could always get open. The Bears messed up by not keeping him around longer.
Wright was also Robinson's QB in college.