Best Podcasts Bears and NFL in general

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As someone not in the Chicagoland market and therefore limited to day to day news I've been listening to a few podcasts for info and general Bears and NFL chat.

Seems to me 'Bear Download' and 'Hoge and Jahns' are the two best for Bears specific chat. 'Move the Sticks' has been the best generic podcast I've found And 'Simms and Lefkoe' was actually pretty good until Chris Simms left and it now seems (to me at least) to be fairly unbearable as the Lefkoe guy has gone from fan asking an ex player questions to him seeing himself as a bit of a guru - which he clearly isn't.

Wondered if anyone could suggest good quality podcasts that I've missed, particularly on Bears related stuff, or any good quality generic NFL one's that are worth a listen during the season.

Thanks

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
As someone not in the Chicagoland market and therefore limited to day to day news I've been listening to a few podcasts for info and general Bears and NFL chat.

Seems to me 'Bear Download' and 'Hoge and Jahns' are the two best for Bears specific chat. 'Move the Sticks' has been the best generic podcast I've found And 'Simms and Lefkoe' was actually pretty good until Chris Simms left and it now seems (to me at least) to be fairly unbearable as the Lefkoe guy has gone from fan asking an ex player questions to him seeing himself as a bit of a guru - which he clearly isn't.

Wondered if anyone could suggest good quality podcasts that I've missed, particularly on Bears related stuff, or any good quality generic NFL one's that are worth a listen during the season.

Thanks
IMO Hoge and Johns is the best as far as Bears pods go. I do listen to the Bears Brothers pod around training camp because they seem to have good insight on the day to day practices.

As far as non bears general NFL I have to agree with you on Lefkoe. It's pretty terrible since Simms left. Simms has a new pod Chris Simms unbuttoned. It's basically the Simms and Lefkoe show but with better co-hosts.

If you're someone that likes to consume a lot of NFL draft info year round I would also recommend stick to football. They do a mix of NFL and college football as it pertains to the NFL draft.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Not dedicated to the Bears, but my favorite NFL weekly show is Pro Football Focus with Steve Palasolo and Sam Monson

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As far as non bears general NFL I have to agree with you on Lefkoe. It's pretty terrible since Simms left. Simms has a new pod Chris Simms unbuttoned. It's basically the Simms and Lefkoe show but with better co-hosts.

It's funny because when it was Simms and Lefkoe I never really realised how much the show depended on Simms because at times he would be a bit knuckleheaded on certain subjects - but once he left you realised it was his insight into the game and knowing people and the inner workings of NFL teams and the system. So really appreciate the pointer to Simms unbuttoned

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not dedicated to the Bears, but my favorite NFL weekly show is Pro Football Focus with Steve Palasolo and Sam Monson

Don't know either (I'm not from the US, so apologies if they are famous in NFL circles) but will certainly give it a listen.

I have Gamepass and when I have bandwidth, (I work in some resource limited countries, hence podcasts are better) really like the Good Morning Football show - admittedly part (possibly a lot) of that is Kay Adams. But are any of the others on that show contributing to podcasts, and are they any good if they do.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If you guys like NFL draft stuff Fran Duffy does a podcast called 'Journey to the Draft' every year. He's employed by the Eagles, but I'd say over 95% of the podcast is him talking about prospects. He also has a reoccuring guest being Greg Cosell, who I have a lot of respect for and explains concepts really well.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
If you play fantasy football "The Fantasy Footballers" is entertaining....good mix of off topic and pop culture talk with actually pretty good fantasy analysis. If you are wanting more straight up fantasy football talk Fantasy Pros - Football Podcast is good also.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know either (I'm not from the US, so apologies if they are famous in NFL circles) but will certainly give it a listen.

These guys (Monson and Palazollo SP?) are from PFF. If you aren't familiar with PFF, I recommend learning about what they do. I find them interesting on occasion even if I think they sometimes fall in love with their own data.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/a04f7k
https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/795lk6
If you're looking for quality Bears podcasts, H&J are probably #1 with Bear Download at #2. If you're looking for second tier, I would say PFW's podcasts are there, Locked on Bears has a daily podcast, NBC has the Under Center podcast and the Score and ESPN have old shows with Bears beat writers regularly.

Last edited: