Best Team Today? Bears, Saints, Rams, Patriots, Steelers, etc?

Best Team Today?

• Saints

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Rams

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Patriots

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Bears

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Steelers

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vikings

• Chargers

• Texans

• Total voters

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears haven't beaten a good team. It's really not rocket surgery. With the league's easiest schedule they're 0-1 against playoff caliber opposition, 1-2 against blob teams, and 4-0 against tomato cans.

Try for once to view football away outside the prism of your fan feelings and through the lens objectivity. If any other team had the W-L record against the same teams the Bears have, you would consider them an afterthought until they'd made a statement by beating quality teams.

If they can hold their own against better teams and split the four against Min/GB/Rams, they'll be worthy of being considered a playoff caliber team.

They held their own against better teams. You play whoever is on the schedule. Pretty sure their 3 losses are by a combined 11 points. Also pretty sure they are top 3 in point differential and 2nd in turnover differential, both stats that equal a successful team. You can say they played trash, but how is the lions 2x, Giants, San Fran going to be any different? They are all bottom tier franchises.

BTW guy, I'm not even crowning the bears, I thought they'd go 9-7, 10-6 is my current bet, but if you ask me if they are a playoff team right now, I would say yes. Having a at worst top 3 defense and a top half of the league offense speaks volumes towards their success going forward.

It's okay, I get you need to be negative about every aspect of the franchise, even if you at times make yourself look like a fool because of it. It's your thing, and I'm cool with it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You were wrong about literally everything in this post.

1) You weren't just randomly looking at a Peterman thread and happened to catch my old post. You're utterly obsessed with me and spend your personal time searching for something I've written that you can attack. Get a life.

2) I'm right more often than not.

3) The last thing you should praise anyone for is sticking to their guns. People should allow the latest evidence to inform their opinion (which is what I do), not plant their flag with a set position and rigidly stick to it.

It's too easy to be obsessed with you when you post dumb shit 24/7.

Cutler was welcomed with optimism by just about everyone. When it became clear who he was, some accepted it and said he sucked. Those who were too emotionally invested wouldn't let go until the end. I doubt it will be any different with Trubisky, except he deserves more patience because he's a rookie, not a pro bowl QB.

And yet you led the bench Trubisky parade after what, 16 starts? Ironic, no? Guess not when you need to be Captain Pessimism.

I really don't mind you as a poster, I think you do have a lot of insightful comments, but you are also probably the most negative person on here outside of Spartan and the random guy who makes a thread every Sunday about the Bears sucking. If you really think that doesn't go unnoticed I don't know what to tell you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They held their own against better teams.

They lost. Losing by one score doesn't make a loss not a loss. They lost endless close games during the shitty Fox years. Coming out on the losing side of these close games is what bad teams do.

And I'm not saying the Bears are a bad team anymore, but they're a ways from showing they're a good one either. They're a blob team right now.

There are always about 6 to 8 good teams, 6 to 8 tomato cans, and the other half of the league is an indistinguishable blob a couple of games within .500 where the order can vary week to week. The Bears are a blob team until they separate themselves from the blob teams by beating good teams.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I desperately don't want to be a blob team. We all deserve to reap the sweet rewards of being a good team.

#NoBlob

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I really don't mind you as a poster, I think you do have a lot of insightful comments, but you are also probably the most negative person on here outside of Spartan and the random guy who makes a thread every Sunday.

Don't forget halftime. Pretty negative in every post.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
They lost. Losing by one score doesn't make a loss not a loss. They lost endless close games during the shitty Fox years. Coming out on the losing side of these close games is what bad teams do.

And I'm not saying the Bears are a bad team anymore, but they're a ways from showing they're a good one either. They're a blob team right now.

There are always about 6 to 8 good teams, 6 to 8 tomato cans, and the other half of the league is an indistinguishable blob a couple of games within .500 where the order can vary week to week. The Bears are a blob team until they separate themselves from the blob teams by beating good teams.

So don't enjoy the season of growth and change unless we win it all? Wait till after the fact to be happy or get excited? And never predict good things based on the talent you see building. Unless Watson is your QB then claim best QB ever after 6 games. lol.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Chargers are interesting and they are getting back Bosa soon. Every one of these teams have flaws.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Bears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Bearmick = remy

They will both lead you into the vortex if you let them...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Saints, Chiefs, Rams, Patriots are the clear top 4. Steelers looking very good again.

The Bears are not a top 10 team.
Everything says they are a top 10 team

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bearmick = remy

They will both lead you into the vortex if you let them...

Rory = Remy

Mick did surprise me with his hot take after the Bengals pre-season game but he’s nothing like those guys.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I still think it's the Rams because of their balance. Saints will beat anyone on their own floor but as usual will struggle on the road in weather and or against good teams. I think those are the best two teams in the league right now.

The AFC is pretty crazy right now, I'd put it Chiefs, Pats, Steelers in that order, all with great offenses and pretty weak defenses. As someone else mentioned, if LAC gets that defense healthy they move into that elite group. I'd put no other team in the AFC above average.

Vikes, Eagles, Bears, Panthers in rough order second tier in the NFC.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah the Chargers are good too, and the Texans are on a six game win streak and looking dangerous too. The AFC is looking like the Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, Texans winning the divisions with the Chargers likely a lock for the first WC. Other WC is up for grabs.

NFC is very murky. You have the Rams and Saints as the top teams. Giants, Cardinals and Niners as the bad teams, and pretty much the whole rest of the conference is in the blob.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You were wrong about literally everything in this post.

1) You weren't just randomly looking at a Peterman thread and happened to catch my old post. You're utterly obsessed with me and spend your personal time searching for something I've written that you can attack. Get a life.

Says one whose life consists of 13 threads PER DAY on AVERAGE for 6 long years of terrible Bears football.

^seriously. Read that again and think about what one could possibly talk about that much for a team that has been in the dumpster that entire stretch since 8/12. No wonder it's often been negative. Yikes.

To be wrong on top of it? I'd argue you were right to be pessimistic after this long, just not predictably right in the new direction Pace has built over the last few years. Hopefully a Bears turnaround to some Ws helps you in the future,

I'd wish I collected a trove of hater posts to throw back in many faces like he did (more for Ommy, Grimson, and others), but per your own point, I have better things to do.

OP: Bears are not in the mix yet and have a lot to prove still, yet they're young, flush with talent, and growing each week.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Says one whose life consists of 13 threads PER DAY on AVERAGE for 6 long years of terrible Bears football.

^seriously. Read that again and think about what one could possibly talk about that much for a team that has been in the dumpster that entire stretch since 8/12. No wonder it's often been negative. Yikes.

13 posts per day, most of which are in the Bar/B&I. Not sure what this has to do with anything. None of the time I'm on here is spent looking at other people's posting history because I'm so triggered that they think differently about the Bears than I do, which was the point you were responding to.

To be wrong on top of it?

What am I wrong about?

I'd wish I collected a trove of hater posts to throw back in many faces like he did (more for Ommy, Grimson, and others), but per your own point, I have better things to do.

Which I find weird for grown men to wish for. Why care so much about what other people think that you would even want to bring up something they said years ago to throw in their faces? We get enough of that from our wives and girlfriends.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
What am I wrong about?

Well for starters, how about on draft night saying trubisky deserves patience since he is an inexperienced rookie then posting that he is a bust 15 games into his career.

Sounds like you don't even know what is going on in that head of yours.