Biggs: Bears looking at Coples or Branch

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏ @BradBiggs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Who will #Bears draft in 1st round? One scout I trust is 2 for 2 with their picks the last 2 years. Pegged Major Wright in ’10 and Gabe Carimi in ’11. So, I texted him and asked who he project as Phil Emery’s first pick as GM? He responded, “Quinton Coples if he falls!” If the UNC defensive end doesn’t fall he offered a backup plan. Says Clemson DE Andre Branch would be good fit and likely pick by Bears. Remember, this guy nailed 75th overall pick in 2010 and 29th pick last year. We'll see soon.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Andre Branch wouldn't fit at all. He gets stoned at the line, often tries to speed around his guy (and at least half the time is forced away), doesn't get the RB unless the guy runs into him, and is a bit on the slow side. The Bear's pick him up? Hell-to-the-fuck-no. At least, if he's drafted I hope Emery sees some miracle on tape I don't. Wouldn't mind Copples, but not sure how well he'd do with us.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Mike Mayock on UNC DE Quinton Coples: "He could be an All Pro. But he's got bust potential written all over him."

Still not sold on Coples, and this didnt help

jonimus

Liked Posts:
woops... but meant to say, i highly doubt he's there for us

Soundwave_Superior

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Coples has a lot of bust potential. Even though he is also very talented.

After 11 years of basically taking the guy with the biggest bust potential in the first round (unless he traded the pick down to pick Div II "sleepers" in the second round that could have been had in the 4th round) I hope we take a guy with as little bust potential as possible. Make a safe pick and get a good player, please.