Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There was a rumor floating around after somee writer on a podcast said Bill Self could coach the Bulls next season. Well, he shot that down:

"The Bulls thing is as far-fetched ..." Self told the Kansas City Star on Monday. "I don't know where that came from. I've never talked to anybody from the Bulls about any employment opportunities. They have a coach and I'm not a candidate for that position and will not be."

Full story: https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ching-rumor-i-dont-know-where-that-came-from/

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Pax walks in with the suitcase with (probably with cost of living raises) 30 million dollar guaranteed 5 year deal, its hard for anyone to say no.

Would the third time be a charm with the college coach proving they should have been right all along?

I heard Fred Hoiberg is getting the Nebraska job.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pax walks in with the suitcase with (probably with cost of living raises) 30 million dollar guaranteed 5 year deal, its hard for anyone to say no.

Would the third time be a charm with the college coach proving they should have been right all along?

I heard Fred Hoiberg is getting the Nebraska job.

Bulls aren’t going to pay anyone that kind of $$ to coach right now

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why would he want to coach a team that has a gm that hires spies against the coaches? Why would he want to coach here when he dare does things his way the gm might punch him?

I expect a desperate retread as our next coach

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bulls aren’t going to pay anyone that kind of $$ to coach right now

If they want a real coach they will. I would not be surprised if Luke Walton becomes available. Bill Self seems to understand starting negotiations by saying its never gonna happen.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If they want a real coach they will. I would not be surprised if Luke Walton becomes available. Bill Self seems to understand starting negotiations by saying its never gonna happen.

But they don’t. Boylen will be the coach next year. That’s been determined by the front office already. And Luke Walton isn’t worth a damn

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'd much rather them stick with Boylen than go with Bill Self. Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing this, it is the Bulls after all.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If, and this is a major if, Self were to make the jump to the NBA I would assume he'd go to OKC (where he's from) or the Spurs (assuming Pop retires) where he has a decent relationship with RC Buford

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Kansas is going through some shit because of Adidas and the FBI probe. Still, that's a more stable gig than coaching for the Bulls.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Kansas is going through some shit because of Adidas and the FBI probe. Still, that's a more stable gig than coaching for the Bulls.
what is the problem? 5 years guaranteed at 25 to 30 million, get fired in 3.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad this rumor is false. I don't want Self coaching the Bulls