Blackhawks acquire Olli Maatta

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it means local kid Turcotte will be the pick. Not a fan of the trade personally, but whatever.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah Maata is slow on the level of Seabrookzival and T-Roz. We need more jam on the bottom 6, so I can see the need to move Kahun, but not sure aboot Maata.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess it means local kid Turcotte will be the pick. Not a fan of the trade personally, but whatever.
I'd rather have Zegras over Turcotte honestly. Zegras with Kane or Cat setting then up would be so fun to watch.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great pickup. Needed some help on the blueline
Plus he is a LHD still young at 24. Anybody would be an upgrade over the clown show D we kept fielding. Have t ok think Forsling is on the move

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus he is a LHD still young at 24. Anybody would be an upgrade over the clown show D we kept fielding. Have t ok think Forsling is on the move

Honestly, i likes when Pitt got him. Hes young enough to be moldable like u said. Get him and Keith in the gym asap lol.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly, i likes when Pitt got him. Hes young enough to be moldable like u said. Get him and Keith in the gym asap lol.
Supposedly kid is a gym rat; maybe a change of scenery will help him like it did from Strome

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just saw this but Zach beat me. I know nothing here but not confident about moves this close to the draft. To me this feels like a maneuver to show he's the smartest guy in the room at the draft.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah Maata is slow on the level of Seabrookzival and T-Roz. We need more jam on the bottom 6, so I can see the need to move Kahun, but not sure aboot Maata.

No one is as slow as Seabrookzival at this point...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So here's the thing. We're essentially getting a first round talent for undrafted and 5th on paper. That is a no brainier. Boom Stan smartest guy in room. Buuuuut. Then you look at the trade and go ohh for fucks sake. He took an undrafted guy and turned him into entry level contract 37 points then traded him for 4M and 5th round pick of draft bust physical dman whose claim to fame is placing 3rd in blocked shots while only playing 60 games. He's went and taken a cheap promising prospect and given him away for less wiggle room in free agency. Stan has to go. This is the year. Hope I'm wrong.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
this Is what I feared bowman making moves to stay alive.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Supposedly kid is a gym rat; maybe a change of scenery will help him like it did from Strome
the blackhawks need a gym rat who knows whats up

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pittsburgh is also trying to fix defense no?

There are maybe 2 defenses worse than hawks...pitt might be one

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
No, this is a good trade.

Maatta is a shot blocking machine who, if used correctly, fills a void quick.

He's slow, but not Rosival/ Seabrook slow. He also has a high IQ and his positioning is elite.

Pair him with Gus and you finally have a top pairing, a Campbell/hammer type.

Maatta/ Gus
Keith/Seabs
Dahl/ Murphy

I can live with that. That's enough to get to the playoffs if Crow is back to normal. Throw in Forsling and Joker and things are looking up

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's slow, but not Rosival/ Seabrook slow. He also has a high IQ and his positioning is elite.

Maatta/ Gus
Keith/Seabs
Dahl/ Murphy

I can live with that. That's enough to get to the playoffs if Crow is back to normal. Throw in Forsling and Joker and things are looking up
His shot blocking is vastly underrated.

Great pickup and I'm looking forward to calling him up in my fantasy league. He's been sitting on the farm at league minimum for years!!!

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I believe he is Finnish I don't see too many Gym Rats from Finlandia

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Maatta/ Gus
Keith/Seabs
Dahl/ Murphy

I guess he is going to be the missing Hammer link of shot blocker, what worries me is not Bovquist, not Joker and apparently no room for Byram, so it seems there could be the top 3 Hawk Dman (if they take Byram) along with Mitchell and Beaudin on the block. Definitely does not look like the turnover we hoped for going forward for the defense.