Blackhawks Rumors For The April 3rd Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
This is the thing about Iginla and why I don't think it is worth it.

My guess is it would take McNeill, one of Clendening/Johns/Pirri, and a 1st round pick for Iginla. Iginla is still a solid player and being on a contender could be a needed spark, but he isn't what he used to be. It is great for the Blackhawks to be in on a big name (especially one that gave a list of only 4 teams) but once you get past the big name, I don't know if it works.

The bigger issue here is that Iginla has played RW his entire life. Hossa and Kane also play RW. RW isn't a huge need...so what do you do if you acquire Iginla? Move Kane to center? Hossa and Kane don't play as well on the left side because of their playing styles and being on the off wing for their shot.

Unfortunately, I think there are a few reasons why the Blackhawks should NOT acquire Iginla.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the thing about Iginla and why I don't think it is worth it.

My guess is it would take McNeill, one of Clendening/Johns/Pirri, and a 1st round pick for Iginla. Iginla is still a solid player and being on a contender could be a needed spark, but he isn't what he used to be. It is great for the Blackhawks to be in on a big name (especially one that gave a list of only 4 teams) but once you get past the big name, I don't know if it works.

The bigger issue here is that Iginla has played RW his entire life. Hossa and Kane also play RW. RW isn't a huge need...so what do you do if you acquire Iginla? Move Kane to center? Hossa and Kane don't play as well on the left side because of their playing styles and being on the off wing for their shot.

Unfortunately, I think there are a few reasons why the Blackhawks should NOT acquire Iginla.

I agree that is a lot, but with Iginla controlling where he goes I think the price will come down as we get closer to the deadline. The fact that the Hawks don't have to make a move for Iginla puts them in a position of strength with being able to wait out the Flames who will be in the position of accepting something more reasonable for a 35 year old on the last year of his deal or nothing.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just cant see them going after this guy. This team is not exactly immune to picking up name players whose
best days are behind them. Fluerry, Orr and as recently as Brunette. Im not saying Iginla is done but
he is surely closer to being done than being a primetime player.

If this front office is as smart as I think they are....they will continue to slowly turn this team over
while continuing to keep them from growing old together. They are pretty well stocked and runs at
the Cup could turn into a regular thing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few other reports have since trickled in. Nick Kypreos followed up, corroborating the existence of a list and adding the Detroit Red Wings to the privileged teams. And on Monday morning, Elliotte Friedman weighed in, mentioning the Anaheim Ducks and -- brace yourself -- the Vancouver Canucks as two other teams he had heard might be able to win Iggy's heart.

per yahoo article

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if the nucks can snatch him that would be a huge blow to the hawks if we faced them in the playoffs. gotta act quick bowman

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Saw somewhere that any deal to get Iginla, Calgary would require Brandon Saad, and Hawks would not accept it. Fuck that. It was one of the Hawks reporters on twitter, but don't remember which.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if the nucks can snatch him that would be a huge blow to the hawks if we faced them in the playoffs. gotta act quick bowman

Dews, it would take a crazy multiple team trade for Van to get him. They are really, really up against
the cap. Read here http://capgeek.com/ They'd have to move
contract for contract to make it happen, that would surely mean finding someone to buy into Luongo to
make space. That of course would make Iggy definite a rent-a-player. Actually, that doesnt sound
too bad to me, being a huge Canuck hater. They would lose Luongo, some picks and a prospect or two
to get an aging Iggy for a couple of months. :roll:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw somewhere that any deal to get Iginla, Calgary would require Brandon Saad, and Hawks would not accept it. Fuck that. It was one of the Hawks reporters on twitter, but don't remember which.

yea i would not do that and yes i saw it too.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dews, it would take a crazy multiple team trade for Van to get him. They are really, really up against
the cap. Read here http://capgeek.com/ They'd have to move
contract for contract to make it happen, that would surely mean finding someone to buy into Luongo to
make space. That of course would make Iggy definite a rent-a-player. Actually, that doesnt sound
too bad to me, being a huge Canuck hater. They would lose Luongo, some picks and a prospect or two
to get an aging Iggy for a couple of months. :roll:

i could see luongo go at the deadline. schnieder as the one with addition of iginla....thats pretty solid imo and doable

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just for the hell of posting rumors out there (even if it is from HB) JJ is reporting that the Blackhawks are trying to get Martin and Streit, also possibly Boyes, from the Isles.

Martin would be a beast on the fourth line and is a huge physical presence. Averages around 5 hits a game and may of them leave a lasting impression. Would be an upgrade over Bollig (who has been playing better), Mayers (doesn't seem to have many treads left on the tire), and Carcillo (injured knee was recently drained and conditioning isn't there)

Streit is a player who would help out big time as a PP QB. He is also a pretty decent defender and with the Blackhawks could really slot in anywhere from 3rd - 5th depending on what the Blackhawks want to do.

Boyes is the one who doesn't make much sense to me. Once again he mainly plays right wing. He is enjoying a nice bounce back season but I personally don't know if he is worth trading a piece for. However, he is another guy who is pretty proficient on the powerplay.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Me suggesting the Blackhawks should trade Kane for Ryan Miller brought the :lol:z

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ott would piss the shit outta teams like Vancouver.

Depends on the price but i'd take him.

I agree. He's an old Hawk killer. There's a guy who could help. Tough guy who can play a bit. Kind of what we all hoped Carcillo could be.
Plus he probably wouldnt cost you much.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so with iggy gone whats next? who do u guys want?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Ott or Roy for a center

trade Stalberg (UFA this summer and Hawks won't be able to afford him)

Another winger who can throw some size into the mix (No, not burish or eager or someone like that) someone with size and skill

Trade brookbank for anything and play Rozsival everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.