Browns open to trading DE/Edge Emmanual Ogbah. Better option than draft?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
They have no leverage. Draft is deep at pass rusher

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/browns-shopping-defensive-end-emmanuel-ogbah/

I think the 2019 season is the last year of his rookie contract. Would trading a 4th or 5th rounder for him be a better option than hoping to find a quality edge guy in those rounds?

I don't think so. We need young talent on cheap/longer contracts. I would rather take a run at a Rookie in 4/5 on a 4 year Rookie Deal then a player that will have to get paid big $$$ in just a year. We already have to invest money in Floyd on the edge.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think so. We need young talent on cheap/longer contracts. I would rather take a run at a Rookie in 4/5 on a 4 year Rookie Deal then a player that will have to get paid big $$$ in just a year. We already have to invest money in Floyd on the edge.

This. Gotta keep fiscally responsible and only splash FA pool now & then, not on the regular.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Duke and ogbah for Howard?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't doubt we see a contract extension for Floyd soon to reduce his 5th year option cap hit that comes next year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ogbah is not really a stand up guy and I believe has more success rushing from the interior.