Browns sign Kareem Hunt

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No I am saying I don't know what happened. It is possible McCaskey nixed it. It is possible Nagy valued Reid's (his mentor) stance. It is possible Pace didn't want to risk it given McDonald blew up in his face. It is also possible that they had planned to discuss after the combine or draft as they didn't expect anyone to make a play for Hunt until the NFL clarified their position. We simply do not know how far the Bears had progressed in their thinking on Hunt.

It seems like you know what happened though when you say things like this:

SMH! No brainer for Nagy and Pace and they fuck it up.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Which doesn't mean he and he alone made the decision.

You need to hear the interview. He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "If it's a decision to sign a player who has character issues, I have final say."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It seems like you know what happened though when you say things like this:

No I was trolling in that post. I obviously don't know.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You need to hear the interview. He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "If it's a decision to sign a player who has character issues, I have final say."

That still doesnt mean Pace and Nagy have no say. Suppose they both said no on Hunt? We really dont know if either Nagy or Pace were going to bat for Hunt or not. It is mpt a slam dunk that either would agree to sign.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That still doesnt mean Pace and Nagy have no say. Suppose they both said no on Hunt? We really dont know if either Nagy or Pace were going to bat for Hunt or not. It is mpt a slam dunk that either would agree to sign.

So if both Pace or Nagy said no, then George wouldn't have had to get involved. All I'm saying, and the few others who have brought this up is this: George McCaskey, Chairman of the Board, said that he would have final say on signing players with character issues.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
So when the Bears go to the Super Bowl next year, the pre-show won't include a segment on how the team approves of a douchebag that beats up women.

The dumbass will probably beat another woman before the season starts and not play one snap for the Browns.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If George McCaskey, as of January 24, had not even watched the Hunt video tape, that kind of speaks to 1. the Bears not being interested enough for him to do that, 2. Nagy and/or Pace deciding they don't want to sign, or 3. McCaskey's dereliction of duty. Choose your poison.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's see what kind of "backlash" the Browns get. My guess is it'll be minimal.

I also think any potential negative press is the reason the Bears didn't sign Hunt. Which is a huge mistake, IMO.

lol, obviously the potential backlash is why the Bears didn't sign him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I stuck to my guns all along. I didn't want Hunt here, and I'm glad it didn't work out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So if both Pace or Nagy said no, then George wouldn't have had to get involved. All I'm saying, and the few others who have brought this up is this: George McCaskey, Chairman of the Board, said that he would have final say on signing players with character issues.

Yes but some posters were claiming this was George's decision and the point is we don't know that because we don't know how far along this was.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frankly, I am kinda glad to not have to hear anything about Hunt being a dumb fuck and whether its excusable or not. Hes fucking good, but kinda glad we won't have to deal with it. Maybe thats dumb but its how I feel.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Exactly. And I can't read minds but just going based off the Pace and Nagy press conference, it atleast seemed like they were interested on the surface. Nagy more so.

At the end of the day, time will tell if the Bears were right not to sign him. He might end up like Ray McDonald or he could be all pro for the Browns or something in between.

I would have taken a chance if it was me. Oh well.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The only way this would truly piss me off is if the Bears offered only vet minimum and the Browns gave slightly more.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Quote to that effect please?

Warden is usually Johnny on the spot with the knee jerk reactions, and here you are.

No I was trolling in that post. I obviously don't know.

Aaaand the backpedaling.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So when the Bears go to the Super Bowl next year, the pre-show won't include a segment on how the team approves of a douchebag that beats up women.

The dumbass will probably beat another woman before the season starts and not play one snap for the Browns.

The team has no moral high ground when it comes to Hunt.

This team employed Brandon Marshall, who had like 20 violent incident arrests and multiple domestic violence issues.

To now clutch pearls over Hunt is hypocritical.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

This team employed Brandon Marshall, who had like 20 violent incident arrests and multiple domestic violence issues.

And they probably look back at signing Marshall as a bad idea. Also, that was the Emery/Trestman regime.

You seem upset. Over a RB.

Clutching pearls. lol. You have no idea what their thought process was.

Edit - I also #calledit about Marshall being let go.

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe the whole Marshall experiment left a bad taste.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Warden is usually Johnny on the spot with the knee jerk reactions, and here you.

Aaaand the backpedaling.
giphy.gif

My comment about a quote was in response to this

It was a not their decision, this was a George thing

We dont know if Nagy or Pace presented anything for McCaskey to have final say on so no we don't know it was a George thing. They could just as easily decided they weren't going to pursue him without ever involving McCaskey.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My comment about a quote was in response to this

We dont know if Nagy or Pace presented anything for McCaskey to have final say on so no we don't know it was a George thing. Thry could just as easily decided they weren't going to pursue him.

Didn't know it was a Nagy and Pace thing either.