BR's Grades vs NYG

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A surprisingly decent and objective read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677175-bears-vs-giants-full-report-card-grades-for-chicago

Lots to fix, but the lack of depth, especially on O-line made 2nd half night & day. Couldn't run block or protect worth a damn. Polar opposites from 1st & 2nd halves make grading kind've odd. Not sure I've have been so kind with many of those.

Not mentioned much: WRs & Miller being out also hurt significantly, WRs had 4 drops by my count (a few would have been great catches but did hit hands), and a couple more open dropsies by Howard.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's been the MO probably since Fox took over, injury depletion aside. you'll observe the handful of wins that they have gotten have been when they played a complete game.

meaning the offense moved the ball and score points, and the defense consistently got stops throughout games.

there's been a fair amount of chicken-egg discussion about this matter, but I think conclusively it has to fall on coaching at a point.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
it's been the MO probably since Fox took over, injury depletion aside. you'll observe the handful of wins that they have gotten have been when they played a complete game.

meaning the offense moved the ball and score points, and the defense consistently got stops throughout games.

there's been a fair amount of chicken-egg discussion about this matter, but I think conclusively it has to fall on coaching at a point.

This year?

I agree.

30 years....

It has to fall on people above coaching.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

All the coaching in the world won't help a top 10 College roster win consistently in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at the Kickers. I thought that when Barth missed the EP we'd here all about how we should have kept Gould on this board and them Gould misses 2 of them. I couldn't make shit like this up and get away with it.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
LOL at the Kickers. I thought that when Barth missed the EP we'd here all about how we should have kept Gould on this board and them Gould misses 2 of them. I couldn't make shit like this up and get away with it.

Walsh is on the street right now, and while he has had trouble with some of the shorter ones, I think he is better than Barth.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=BAR722763&player2=WAL585473&player3=null&player4=null&position=kicker&playerOne=Connor+Barth&playerTwo=Blair+Walsh&playerThree=&playerFour=

Actually it looks like I am wrong. :(

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
All the coaching in the world won't help a top 10 College roster win consistently in the NFL.

I think when you watch a team blow first half leads all year it goes beyond the roster. Halftime adjustments have been a joke.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Ya, not really missing Gould at all or his cap hit. Good job Pace, now actually have competition this offseason at the position...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't know about that. Unless you have good ownership who knows how to hire people that have the ability to recognize talent and to put players into positions to succeed, you have no chance. THe McCaskeys do not have that.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think when you watch a team blow first half leads all year it goes beyond the roster. Halftime adjustments have been a joke.

No denying. I recall a couple 4th quarter collapses simply due to a long TD pass vs. a grossly unqualified DB. Indy anybody? Philly IIRC? Also having zero decent WRs also keeps a team from spotting respectable points with 500+ yards offense. Also Indy game, but that one was more memorable to me, being early.

Absolutely true.

I don't know about that. Unless you have good ownership who knows how to hire people that have the ability to recognize talent and to put players into positions to succeed, you have no chance. THe McCaskeys do not have that.

30 years of shit, hell yes. I'm fully on the anti-McCaskey train. With so much gone wrong, I think it's a bit early to fire the pit crew and engineer, when there's no working parts available. The cupboard will get stocked in draft 3 along with TONS or talent returning from IR. NOT saying next year we'll be great, but starting over isn't necessary just yet. Hell, maybe another tank year is needed. This team was THAT thin last year/this year.

What really irks me is the old bag Virginia stooping so low as to fire the HoneyBears (who worked for free) because her son and some players were dipping into the honeyjar. Not even cheerleaders to even distract from this rebuilding practice-squad shit show.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gould missing those kicks cost me a couple of hundred bucks in my beat the spread pool. FUcker:(