Bryce Love is the fastest RB in the 2019 draft class

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not even a close Bryce Love the track star is by far faster than the competition.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's a good guy and would be a great culture fit.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Kevin White was fast.

Not like Love. If the Bears want to gamble on him, I'm fine with it. He's an elite runner, but injuries are a big concern. He would definitely fit with some of the the high upside swings Pace has taken.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Whether he is still the fastest depends on his injury. In 2017, Love averaged 8.1 ypc. In 2018, while dealing with a number of injuries, he averaged 4.5 and tore his ACL at the end of the season. If he isn't able to run by the draft, picking him will be a gamble that he can return to 2017 form. Darrell Henderson would be a safer bet, but would probably be a 3rd round--or earlier--pick.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
His injury will push him back in the draft. He could be our Eddie Jackson this year. Did the Bears meet with him?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His injury will push him back in the draft. He could be our Eddie Jackson this year. Did the Bears meet with him?
I agree whole heartedly.

Love in the 4th or 5th would be a coup.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not like Love. If the Bears want to gamble on him, I'm fine with it. He's an elite runner, but injuries are a big concern. He would definitely fit with some of the the high upside swings Pace has taken.

Yeah i agree and wouldn't be mad at all if Pace took a chance on this kid in the draft. He showed what he can do when healthy and getting and staying healthy from ACL injuries have come a long way these days.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Exactly, ACL is worse...

Pace gave a WR $42m coming off the same injury. The only bad thing about Love's is it just happened a few months ago. He's going to be down pretty much all of '19, which I don't think the Bears can afford.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
If Bears want him, I hope it's for a 5th at most.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Stanford product Bryce Love upbeat despite NFL draft uncertainty

He's projected to be a late-round pick -- draftscout.com has him going in the 5th round -- but potentially could be a steal for the team that takes him.
-Yahoo Sports

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Maybe we can use the 2020 pick from trading Howard, since that's when Love will be ready to contribute anyway....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I kinda think that going after the "fastest player at that position in the draft" usually is kind of stupid. I am not saying that it never works, however, I think we saw old boy Davis use that strategy in Oakland for years to very little success.

I think the goal is always to find the best football player, in pads, that fits your team.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I kinda think that going after the "fastest player at that position in the draft" usually is kind of stupid. I am not saying that it never works, however, I think we saw old boy Davis use that strategy in Oakland for years to very little success.

I think the goal is always to find the best football player, in pads, that fits your team.

I think we saw old boy Davis use that strategy in Oakland for years to very little success.

Really??? Can u explain what or how u define "very little success."

Davis sure as heck had more success than us...No?