Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bulls-tedeschi-voted-nba-trainer-of-the-year/

Fair or not, the Bulls’ training staff has a received some criticism over the last few seasons. Some of it has even come from Bulls players. So you might be surprised by this news: Bulls trainer Fred Tedeschi has been named NBA Athletic Trainer of the Year.
The award is voted on by National Basketball Athletic Trainers Association, comprised of head and assistant athletic trainers from the NBA’s 30 teams. It’s the second time Tedeschi has won the award (2007).
“Fred is very deserving of this award,” Bulls General Manager Gar Forman said on the team’s web site. “He’s been a valuable member of our team for many years and his excellent work is appreciated by our players and everyone in the organization. It’s great to see him get this recognition.”
The truth is, Tedeschi and his staff were tested immensely this season. On top of Derrick Rose’s rehab from a torn ACL and getting him medically cleared by mid-February, the Bulls were hammered by injuries late in the season and during the playoffs. Despite the injuries, the Bulls made it to the second round of the playoffs before falling to the Miami Heat four games to one.
Tedeschi has been with the Bulls since 1998.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
uhhhhh

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't have any problems with this. Derrick Rose didn't come back b/c he wasn't mentally ready...he was medically cleared 9-10 months after his injury. :shrug:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have any problems with this. Derrick Rose didn't come back b/c he wasn't mentally ready...he was medically cleared 9-10 months after his injury. :shrug:

Part of the mental issue could have been lingering doubt about his knee because he didn't trust the training staff, no?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Part of the mental issue could have been lingering doubt about his knee because he didn't trust the training staff, no?

Could've been, I guess -- though that would be the absolute first time that reasoning would ever be uttered (which wouldn't make it wrong, necessarily).

Regardless, This is the first time I've ever heard the name Fred Tedeschi, and likely will be the last time. Small stories/off-season fodder.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Could've been, I guess -- though that would be the absolute first time that reasoning would ever be uttered (which wouldn't make it wrong, necessarily).

Regardless, This is the first time I've ever heard the name Fred Tedeschi, and likely will be the last time. Small stories/off-season fodder.

I've seen his name only because of NBA 2k association mode.

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did I get this right, that this is the only award the Bulls got this season?

No DPOY, no COY, no 1st, 2nd or 3rd team defensively!

SMH!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can honestly say this was very unexpected

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
I think trainers from other teams are just trolling us at this point.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks