Bulls/Clippers

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Majority of the rumors have been Hinrich possibly going to the Clippers for Kaman assuming Baron Davis is traded. I can see why that makes sense but my question is how reasonable might it be to get Camby in return for Hinrich instead of Kaman. I personally like Camby as a player more plus his contract is expiring. I might even be willing to add the #26 on top of Hinrich in order to get Camby instead of Kaman if need be. Getting Camby to go with Tyrus, Noah and Miller gives us flexibility to go PG at #16 or SG/SF as further Gordon insurance and depth by Salmons and Deng if we lose Gordon. However getting Camby instead of Kaman saves us some money and perhaps makes bringing Gordon back more likely. So it probably means we go PG at 16 leaving us with Rose, #16, Gordon, Salmons, Deng, Camby, Noah, Tyrus and Miller as our main rotation. That is pretty strong for next season plus with all the expirings(Camby, Miller, James, Tim Thomas plus Tyrus up for extension) we would be in great shape for 2010 guys.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Hey do you post on the Braves forum on Scout.com

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Yeah on occassion I do. I am a big Braves fan. I go to a decent amount of Pelicans games because I am close to Myrtle Beach.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
Yeah on occassion I do. I am a big Braves fan. I go to a decent amount of Pelicans games because I am close to Myrtle Beach.

Well let's hope we trade Jeffy and hopefully KC or Boston take him off our hands. I don't post on there but I'm on there everyday reading stuff and have for the past 5 years...

I saw your name and said that has to be the same guy

Also tell you a story... My buddy was in Orlando during spring training and he went to some bar and he saw Hudson there. My buddy told him he was a big fan and would like to buy him a drink and did. There was some girls my friend was hanging out with and Hudson brothers like them so my buddy brought them over there and left. When my friend was leaving he went to say bye but Hudson said you're not leaving and let me buy you a drink.... Long story short he drank with Timmy for about 3 hours which Hudson paid for everything told him a bunch of good stories and gave my friend his number to hang out the next night....

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Thats a great story. Huddy is a great guy. I am hoping he comes back strong from his surgery and is back furthers strengthens an already strong starting rotation. Email me(basghetti02@aol.com) and we can talk some more.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
Majority of the rumors have been Hinrich possibly going to the Clippers for Kaman assuming Baron Davis is traded. I can see why that makes sense but my question is how reasonable might it be to get Camby in return for Hinrich instead of Kaman. I personally like Camby as a player more plus his contract is expiring. I might even be willing to add the #26 on top of Hinrich in order to get Camby instead of Kaman if need be. Getting Camby to go with Tyrus, Noah and Miller gives us flexibility to go PG at #16 or SG/SF as further Gordon insurance and depth by Salmons and Deng if we lose Gordon. However getting Camby instead of Kaman saves us some money and perhaps makes bringing Gordon back more likely. So it probably means we go PG at 16 leaving us with Rose, #16, Gordon, Salmons, Deng, Camby, Noah, Tyrus and Miller as our main rotation. That is pretty strong for next season plus with all the expirings(Camby, Miller, James, Tim Thomas plus Tyrus up for extension) we would be in great shape for 2010 guys.

Now back to basketball......

I think Kirk for Camby could happen but it all depends on Davis. If GS does a Davis for Corey swap it makes total sense to take Kirk for Camby. Camby is getting old and for the future IMO it's smarter to go with Kaman/Griffin over Camby/Griffin

What's interesting is Toronto is meeting with Bosh agent this week and we'll need to see what comes out of that

IMO
1.) Bosh/Amare
2.) Kirk for Camby
3.) Deng for Shaq

That's the order of the deals I would do and I might swap the Shaq deal #2 if we would also trade Kirk for a Outlaw and Blake deal.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
When Clippers got number 1 pick they had their conference call and the asst. gm said we won't trade Camby at any circumstance

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
When Clippers got number 1 pick they had their conference call and the asst. gm said we won't trade Camby at any circumstance
But of course it could just be posturing as they also said they would take Blake Griffin but since reports have surfaced suggesting there's a chance they'll trade it. I really don't believe anything I hear this time of year but that's what you gotta love and hate about the offseason you never know when teams are telling the truth, anything can happen.