Bulls should be the Eastern Conference favorites

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
did you watch the game? rebounding was a big issue

Tristan Thompson came away with 12....OFFENSIVE rebounds

The Bulls shouldn't have to dominate every single statistical category to win a game.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
19 turnovers in any game is bad. Thibs will be drilling turnovers for the next two weeks now.

czman

Liked Posts:
It is too early to have a favorite in the East. Rose looked really good until he went out with the ankle. If Rose can stay healthy the Bulls might be there at the end. IF he can stay healthy.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Favorites? Who knows.

But anyone who looks at the two teams and doesn't realize that we don't match up well with them, doesn't understand how the game is played.
They have significant advantage at two key spots ... SF and PF. Two spots where their two best players happen to play.
They match up well with our two "best" spots ... PG and C. Having guys who can negate a large portion of what we expect to get from Rose and Noah.
And one position where we may have somewhat of an edge ... SG. But it happens to be our 4th best position on the floor.

That's not a recipe for matching up well.

Our bench has something of an edge. But Thompson matches up well with Taj. Marion matches up well with whoever we throw out there as a backup SF.
We have an advantage at backup PG and if we can get something out of Mirotic, that would be nice. But those guys are marginal backups right now. That's not going to carry this team come playoff time.

Rose ... Kyrie
Butler ... Waiters
Dunleavy ... Lebron (ouch!)
Gasol ... Love
Noah ... Varejao

Brooks ... Dellavedova??
Hinrich ... Miller
Snell ... Jones
McDermott ... Marion
Taj ... Thompson
Mirotic ... ??

Personally, I think we match up better with some of the other top teams in the league because we can exploit matchups better.
And no, I don't think it's impossible for the Bulls to beat the Cavs come playoff time, but it's not going to be easy and I sure hope we've established a few more points of consistent offense than we have in the past, and already this year. We should have won the game last night ... until everyone decided to turn their brains off there at the end.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
The 2004 Pistons?? The Bulls have a former MVP, the reigning DPOY, multiple All-stars, the 2nd best 6th man in the league last year, the Spanish League MVP last year, and one of the best Collegiate scorers of all time on the team. This is nothing like the 2004 Pistons, who had not a single All-Star on their roster, let alone an MVP or any player even close to the talent level of D Rose. They were a ragtag group of passed upon players who banded together and caught a superiorly talented Lakers team in the midst of internal strife. If Karl Malone is healthy in that series, they may never have won a title.

Amusing.

The similarities are clearly there, and you rattling them off just makes it clearer, despite your protests to the contrary.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Favorites? Who knows.

But anyone who looks at the two teams and doesn't realize that we don't match up well with them, doesn't understand how the game is played.
They have significant advantage at two key spots ... SF and PF. Two spots where their two best players happen to play.
They match up well with our two "best" spots ... PG and C. Having guys who can negate a large portion of what we expect to get from Rose and Noah.
And one position where we may have somewhat of an edge ... SG. But it happens to be our 4th best position on the floor.

That's not a recipe for matching up well.

Our bench has something of an edge. But Thompson matches up well with Taj. Marion matches up well with whoever we throw out there as a backup SF.
We have an advantage at backup PG and if we can get something out of Mirotic, that would be nice. But those guys are marginal backups right now. That's not going to carry this team come playoff time.

Rose ... Kyrie
Butler ... Waiters
Dunleavy ... Lebron (ouch!)
Gasol ... Love
Noah ... Varejao

Brooks ... Dellavedova??
Hinrich ... Miller
Snell ... Jones
McDermott ... Marion
Taj ... Thompson
Mirotic ... ??

Personally, I think we match up better with some of the other top teams in the league because we can exploit matchups better.
And no, I don't think it's impossible for the Bulls to beat the Cavs come playoff time, but it's not going to be easy and I sure hope we've established a few more points of consistent offense than we have in the past, and already this year. We should have won the game last night ... until everyone decided to turn their brains off there at the end.

Pau matches up well with Love. He missed wide open looks, which happens from time to time, but in the paint, he was eating Love's lunch.

Pau had 6 blocks. (Love had 0) It seemed like all of them were on Love. Love got stuffed more than my my mother's Thanksgiving turkey.

So they have an advantage at sf, not pf...although we have the best 2 guard/small forward in the NBA at guarding LeBron. He did not play last night.

I watched the game, not the box score.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:

Leave the bullshit comments out of this. Especially after having just rattled off stats from the box score.

Pau matches up well with Love. He missed wide open looks, which happens from time to time, but in the paint, he was eating Love's lunch.

Pau had 6 blocks. (Love had 0) It seemed like all of them were on Love. Love got stuffed more than my my mother's Thanksgiving turkey.

So they have an advantage at sf, not pf...although we have the best 2 guard/small forward in the NBA at guarding LeBron. He did not play last night.

Yes, Pau played decent against him last night ... and yes, he's played decent against him in the past. I wasn't really suggesting otherwise.
However, if you don't think there is a rather significant gap between the two of them in terms of overall talent, you're delusional.

We blocked 5 of Loves shots last night ... 2 from Pau. That's pretty good. And yet he still outscored and outrebounded Gasol. And generally outplayed him. All while having an off night himself. If that's Love's off night, what's he going to do when he actually starts playing well for the Cavs? Love had 4 steals and 0 turnovers to Pau's 0 and 3.

I'm not suggesting that Pau wasn't a good pickup for the Bulls or that he won't be able to help offset the addition of Love for the Cavs. He certainly will, and likely will do so much better than Boozer ever would have done. But there IS a gap there is talent and ability. And given Love's ability to stretch a defense with his range and versatility. It's not an easy cover for a guy like Gasol.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Leave the bullshit comments out of this. Especially after having just rattled off stats from the box score.

Yes, Pau played decent against him last night ... and yes, he's played decent against him in the past. I wasn't really suggesting otherwise.
However, if you don't think there is a rather significant gap between the two of them in terms of overall talent, you're delusional.

We blocked 5 of Loves shots last night ... 2 from Pau. That's pretty good. And yet he still outscored and outrebounded Gasol. And generally outplayed him. All while having an off night himself. If that's Love's off night, what's he going to do when he actually starts playing well for the Cavs? Love had 4 steals and 0 turnovers to Pau's 0 and 3.

I'm not suggesting that Pau wasn't a good pickup for the Bulls or that he won't be able to help offset the addition of Love for the Cavs. He certainly will, and likely will do so much better than Boozer ever would have done. But there IS a gap there is talent and ability. And given Love's ability to stretch a defense with his range and versatility. It's not an easy cover for a guy like Gasol.

Here is the thing about games-the score board will only show what you do in the game, not what you do outside of it.

Love is great, but he is Pau's bitch when they play.

And I did not need the box score to know that Pau was abusing Love defensively, in the paint.

Outside of this matchup, Pau is still a significant better offensive player in the post than Love.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I am pretty sure that more than 2 of Pau's blocks were on Love. Hell Pau blocked 2 of Love's shots on one possession.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He missed wide open looks, which happens from time to time

Pau has been missing those since preseason

he has been a let down on offense...him playing good defense has got him a pass thus far but hes gotta step it up on offense...cant have him missing easy baskets

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure that more than 2 of Pau's blocks were on Love. Hell Pau blocked 2 of Love's shots on one possession.

The first block was Noah.

1st
6:58 Joakim Noah blocks Kevin Love 's 3-foot layup
6:56 Pau Gasol blocks Kevin Love's shot

2nd
10:52 Doug McDermott blocks Matthew Dellavedova 's 3-foot layup
7:26 Mike Dunleavy blocks Shawn Marion's layup
6:30 Taj Gibson blocks Kevin Love 's 4-foot jumper
0:00 Mike Dunleavy blocks LeBron James 's 6-foot jumper

3rd
10:41 Pau Gasol blocks Anderson Varejao 's 2-foot layup
6:22 Pau Gasol blocks Kevin Love 's 21-foot jumper
3:54 Joakim Noah blocks Kevin Love 's 1-foot layup
2:46 Tony Snell blocks Dion Waiters 's 2-foot layup
2:16 Pau Gasol blocks Shawn Marion's layup

4th
11:17 Pau Gasol blocks Tristan Thompson 's 14-foot jumper
9:33 Pau Gasol blocks LeBron James's layup
6:33 Joakim Noah blocks LeBron James's layup

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The first block was Noah.

1st
6:58Joakim Noah blocks Kevin Love 's 3-foot layup
6:56Pau Gasol blocks Kevin Love's shot

2nd
10:52 Doug McDermott blocks Matthew Dellavedova 's 3-foot layup
7:26Mike Dunleavy blocks Shawn Marion's layup
6:30Taj Gibson blocks Kevin Love 's 4-foot jumper
0:00Mike Dunleavy blocks LeBron James 's 6-foot jumper

3rd
10:41 Pau Gasol blocks Anderson Varejao 's 2-foot layup
6:22Pau Gasol blocks Kevin Love 's 21-foot jumper
3:54Joakim Noah blocks Kevin Love 's 1-foot layup
2:46Tony Snell blocks Dion Waiters 's 2-foot layup
2:16Pau Gasol blocks Shawn Marion's layup

4th
11:17 Pau Gasol blocks Tristan Thompson 's 14-foot jumper
9:33Pau Gasol blocks LeBron James's layup
6:33Joakim Noah blocks LeBron James's layup

If you rely on box score reading, instead of watching the games, you will realize, that you don't know the full story, and will walk away saying things like "Love is a tough cover for Pau"

http://www.diehardsport.com/nba/pau-gasol-back-back-blocks-kevin-love/

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Face it. The Cavs are a very good team. They played tough the entire game. We, however, didn't play smart and were a bit unlucky in the rebounding area as with the referee calls. We also continue not to shoot very well from the arc. Rose missed a lot. So did Dunleavy who was probably worn out trying to stay in front of Lebron. Boy, what a one-sided mismatch that was! Kyrie Irving is the real deal BTW.

I still say that the Bulls are one player away from being a championship team. A tough dependable shooting guard. Brooks has shown well against smaller guards and can run the point. That isn't the problem that I thought it would be. But they need a starting SG with some size and put Butler back where he belongs, namely at SF.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
If you rely on box score reading, instead of watching the games, you will realize, that you don't know the full story, and will walk away saying things like "Love is a tough cover for Pau"

http://www.diehardsport.com/nba/pau-gasol-back-back-blocks-kevin-love/

And if you rely on an article title from some moronic website, instead of actually watching the games ... or in this case, the actual fucking clips they put on their page and then referenced below the clips by saying "Gasol and Joakim Noah blocked Kevin Love’s shot twice ...", you will realize that you don't know the full story, and will walk away posting idiotic posts like this one.

Seriously Ursa ... are you really this big of a dipshit?
It doesn't take a genius to see Noah blocking that first shot from the side.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gasol is nowhere near Love talent wise. Maybe in his prime but no more. And like him or not, Lebron is the difference between the two teams. Noone in hte NBA is close to his talent.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is the thing about games-the score board will only show what you do in the game, not what you do outside of it.

Love is great, but he is Pau's bitch when they play.

And I did not need the box score to know that Pau was abusing Love defensively, in the paint.

Outside of this matchup, Pau is still a significant better offensive player in the post than Love.

That, sir, is nonsense. Pau is merely bigger. But offensively, Pau cannot come close to Love. He has got a great touch around the basket. ANd this doesn't take nothing away from Gasol. At his age, he is still good.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And if you rely on an article title from some moronic website, instead of actually watching the games ... or in this case, the actual fucking clips they put on their page and then referenced below the clips by saying "Gasol and Joakim Noah blocked Kevin Love’s shot twice ...", you will realize that you don't know the full story, and will walk away posting idiotic posts like this one.

Seriously Ursa ... are you really this big of a dipshit?
It doesn't take a genius to see Noah blocking that first shot from the side.

TBH I did not watch the clip, just limited to the first thing I googled. When watching the game it looked to me like Pau had 2 consecutive blocks. I don't watch LeBron games with the sound up, because of all the blowbanging the announcers give him. I learned the trick watching boxing, which I never do with the sound on, except during corner coverage...

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That, sir, is nonsense. Pau is merely bigger. But offensively, Pau cannot come close to Love. He has got a great touch around the basket. ANd this doesn't take nothing away from Gasol. At his age, he is still good.

Love is a better jump shooter, and rebounder.

That is it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love is a better jump shooter, and rebounder.

That is it.

Are you serious? Love is a top notch star in the NBA. Gasol used to be but no more. Gasol, right now, looks to be very much an improvement on Boozer. Leave it at that.BTW there is more to defense than shot blocking. Gasol is not a good defender but he does block shots. It is good that he is paired with Noah because Noah can help cover for him.