Bulls work out Johnny Flynn and others

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I think it is entirely possible that the Bulls take a PG at 16 especially if Hinrich is traded for a bigman. If you take a step back and figure out what talent in available in the middle of the first round there are a lot of PGs.

Locks before 16:(11 players)
Griffin
Rubio
Thabeet
Hill
Harden
DeRozan
Evans
Curry
Blair
Jennings
Holiday

Next group:(12-22)
Henderson
Flynn
Clark
Daye
Johnson
Williams
Lawson
Maynor
Teague
Mullens
Hansbrough

For the most part this is how I see it. Now in that second group of 11 players there are 4 PGs, 2 SG/SF, 3 SF/PF, 2 PF/C. Now it is entirely possible that at 16 one of those 3 PGs is the best available player. When you combine that with Hinrich being moved for a bigman and the uncertainty surrounding Gordon going with a PG might be the best option. Let's say you take Teague. Having a combo guard like that to go with Rose, Salmons and possibly Gordon makes for a dynamic perimeter group especially if Hinrich is traded for Kaman or Camby to go with Tyrus, Noah and Miller.

Rose,Teague
Gordon
Deng, Salmons
Noah,Tyrus
Camby or Kaman, Miller

Sounds like a solid team to me.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I don't see the Bucks letting Flynn slip through their fingers. The Buck getting Flynn would be like having Ford back but without the back problem.

I like Teague, but the Pistons would be foolish if they didn't take him at 15. They can use him as the first guard off the bench, or they can look to ship Rip out of town. A backcourt of Teague and Stuckey would be really fun to watch. Let's hope the Pistons screw it up.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Even if Flynn and Teague are gone by 16 a player like Eric Maynor might not be a bad choice. Now I would not take him over say Terrence Williams but I would take him over a guy like James Johnson(assuming of course Hinrich has been traded).

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I would pass on Maynor, he's good but he's by no means the pure pass first point guard that you would consider moving Rose off the ball. To be honest neither is Flynn.

pyobuttah

Liked Posts:
To me Flynn has all-star potential, but is pretty raw! He is a very streaky shooter, very quick (probably will be one of the fastest players in the league), very athletic, a pesky defender, not afraid of the moment, but he is not a pure point! He could be a boom or a solid backup point! If you see, he makes some crazy decisions out there that don't scream point, and other times he screams best point in America w/ limited offensive help!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
I would pass on Maynor, he's good but he's by no means the pure pass first point guard that you would consider moving Rose off the ball. To be honest neither is Flynn.

Flynn and Maynor both had pretty nice passing stats. Flynn easily had more court vision and was more of a pure passer than Rose coming out of college for example. I haven't gotten to watch Maynor extensively yet, I'm hoping to do so today.