Liked Posts:
That's the Angels problem now

wait a minute...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was expected to be.

I believe it's false, people like money ... just like the Castro incident last year. I think it's the same ... stupid DR.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
He was expected to be.

I believe it's false, people like money ... just like the Castro incident last year. I think it's the same ... stupid DR.

Not enough evidence to convict does not equal false.

But allegations are just that, and should be taken seriously no matter what situation they are in or who is involved.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it doesn't, but if it didn't happen and she's just trying to get money, then it's false.

You don't need evidence to convict anymore. tho. Just look at Drew Peterson (thankfully they did convict him.).

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Yes it doesn't, but if it didn't happen and she's just trying to get money, then it's false.

You don't need evidence to convict anymore. tho. Just look at Drew Peterson (thankfully they did convict him.).

You always need evidence... you just need enough.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
You always need evidence... you just need enough.

They didn't even have that in the Peterson's case. The jury convicted him because his name was all over the news and they don't what he did, but barley had any evidence. In Marmol's case they will and I doubt it will be there.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
They didn't even have that in the Peterson's case. The jury convicted him because his name was all over the news and they don't what he did, but barley had any evidence. In Marmol's case they will and I doubt it will be there.

no one ever knows what actually takes place except those involved in every case. Hersey, conjured up evidence, rebuttal of said evidence all leads to one person's (or 12) opinions on what happened. They are all just interpreting the so called facts into what they view as the correct response.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's put it this way ... he'll be out WAY sooner than he should (thanks to the Will County prosecutors.)

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marmol stuff via Muskat:

Carlos Marmol was at Fitch Park on Monday to undergo his physical and meet with manager Dale Sveum and staff. Marmol, who was charged with domestic abuse by a woman in the Dominican Republic, will give the media an update later in the day. The Cubs have investigated the matter and believe Marmol may be the victim.

“We don’t have all the information — obviously, we weren’t there — but every piece of information we were able to gather backs up Carlos’ story that he’s guilty of no wrong doing whatsoever and may in fact be the victim here if this case continues to be pursued like this,” Theo Epstein said. “All we can do is evaluate it on the merits. We do expect this matter will be behind him shortly based on the way it’s proceeding in the Dominican courts.”

And:

Carlos Marmol said he didn’t do anything wrong and that the woman accusing him of abuse in the Dominican is simply trying to get money from the Cubs pitcher. Marmol gave the woman a ride home from a party on Oct. 28, and said he didn’t hear about the accusations until it was broadcast on a local radio station in the Dominican. Marmol then contacted his lawyers.

“They tried to hurt me,” Marmol said of the woman. “I didn’t do anything. The stuff she said is not true. … It’s about money.”

Marmol appeared in court on Friday in the Dominican, and arrived in Phoenix Sunday night. He may still have to return for more legal proceedings.