Catch all Season thread

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really havent seen much from Sikura to have him be a top6 forward. Hawks need some jam up and down the line up. For the forwards I would like something like this.

Caggulia Toews Kane

Cat Strome ?

Saad Kampf Kahun

? AA Perlini

This would give us plenty of options, and the ability of having 3 lines that can be a threat and gives us a bit of depth.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really havent seen much from Sikura to have him be a top6 forward. Hawks need some jam up and down the line up. For the forwards I would like something like this.

Caggulia Toews Kane

Cat Strome ?

Saad Kampf Kahun

? AA Perlini

This would give us plenty of options, and the ability of having 3 lines that can be a threat and gives us a bit of depth.

There were plenty of plays even yesterday where Sikura somehow comes up with a puck and makes some perfect backhand pass into the zone to have a team mate enter with speed. He is a puck hawk on the back check.

They had something going with Krueger, Hayden and Martison as a 4th line. Now none of them will probably be on next years team.

Jewels will get back with Toews, they worked well together. He was scrapping with guys who look a foot taller than him, where Kane is back with AA who goes at times to not being able to win a faceoff to save his life.

I just dont want the hawks to get back to this philosophy of "If we dont hit your finesse guys, do you promise not to hit ours?"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Caggulia Toews Kane

Cat Strome ?

Saad Kampf Kahun

? AA Perlini

Yeah, no, Sikura is legit. His Hockey IQ makes him 6 inches taller and a winning asset who makes winning decisions nightly.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So this is it, any Avalanche or arizona win and Hawks loss its over, right?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seabrookzival with some lazy passes tonight

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all honesty, I think that is philosophy so his own man is not part of the screening problem. It has been that way all thru the Q era too.
I think that's the idea...in theory.

In practice that just means a high-chance deflection becomes the shot on goal, or setting up an effective screen (if Koekkoek doesn't do it first, but I digress). Ideally you'd still want someone to do what Keith used to be very good at--standing slightly to the side away from the net and tying up the opponents stick.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, officially eliminated, can we bring Hayden and Martinson up so they can bash the blues?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We called up Gilbert; maybe Seabrookzival sits the next 3

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...and Gilbert back down.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wow. I thought he looked decent after a rough couple shifts. Who will fill the roster spot?
Lead the team in hits. I thought for his first game he did good.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he was just up for a look in a game that didn't matter. I didn't think he looked to bad either.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hope we add a couple bottom 6 thumpers in the off-season

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hope we add a couple bottom 6 thumpers in the off-season
MArtinson led the team in hits most of the season til Seabroke and Murphy bide time to average a hit a game.
Martinson would have ended up with 200 if he stayed up more of the year, ended with 83 in 24 games. It still seems like it always boils down to dont hit us we dont hit you,