Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just 1 point out of the second Wild Card...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Delia is not the same, money changes players, and he is not getting it yet. Crow is ready, I wont be surprised if they ship delia down to rockford until crow goes out again.

What a wild game. The only mystery was which team was gonna get to 10 and why was Seabrook unavailable. Ended up being a legitimate abdomen issue, but damn does Kane look right with that A on his chest. Was hoping something was in motion, move Seabrook, get Breadman (not the same deal).

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, in Rockford.

The #Blackhawks have acquired former 1st-rounder Peter Holland from the NY Rangers in exchange for Darren Raddysh.

Holland leads Hartford in scoring, goals and assists as an alternate captain, & his 49 points rank 6th in the AHL

Still want to see Ejdsell get some chances up here, just to see if he can cover for Krueger next year before they over spend.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought the hawks still have control with Cat and Stromme, cat is about a 770k hit, while strome a little over 850. Any extensions will start in 2020, when Crow's contract is done.

I think the hawks too a long time to find Leddy 2.0. Biggest win trade ever for Cam Barker. They had Rutta penciled in at 2.3 so I am sure there is going to be room for Gus. I know Joker is not a PP point man, dont know about the rest, but odds are Boqvist does not make the team next season out of camp due to starting the control issue crap.

I think that is the biggest deal with the hawks, if they dont steal these years at the beginning of the career, some of these guys might accept the bridge deals. But when the entire dressed defense plays better than a 6.8 million dollar man, how can they not want to be paid?

They need to make the tough deal with Seabrook, convince Crow to retire, or move him to Montreal while probably giving them picks. If he somehow never gets another concussion, God bless him. they got off on the cheap with Delia, but he has not played the same since he got that extension either. Somebody tell him he gets the million next year.

Strome? they might have some control over even if he's arbitration-eligible. Given the trend in the league right now where players who are simply that good are getting their payday right off the bat (of which Debrincat certainly qualifies if not to the extent of McJesus or Matthews), he's going to get paid. If the 'hawks don't someone will offer sheet him, which in his case would turn a virtual sure thing into kicking the can down the road. I don't see the 'hawks doing that--playing hardball with a player who's a borderline, if not elite, offensive talent. That's the kind of shit $Bill or Pullford would do.

In all likelihood Debrincat gets a Saad/Panarin comparable deal which equates out to about $7M under 2021 projected cap dollars. The only wildcard is the duration. I figure 3 years minimum (which maximizes his years as a UFA), to the 8 years maximum. I'm hoping for more than 3 even though Keith/Toews/Kane would expire if he took a 3 year RFA deal.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Big week. Redwings + 2 divisional games this weekend.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Poor Ward... Delia gives up 3 in the first promptly gets pulled... Ward gives up 4 more. Goalies definitely the problem last night.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Strome? they might have some control over even if he's arbitration-eligible. Given the trend in the league right now where players who are simply that good are getting their payday right off the bat (of which Debrincat certainly qualifies if not to the extent of McJesus or Matthews), he's going to get paid. If the 'hawks don't someone will offer sheet him, which in his case would turn a virtual sure thing into kicking the can down the road. I don't see the 'hawks doing that--playing hardball with a player who's a borderline, if not elite, offensive talent. That's the kind of shit $Bill or Pullford would do.

In all likelihood Debrincat gets a Saad/Panarin comparable deal which equates out to about $7M under 2021 projected cap dollars. The only wildcard is the duration. I figure 3 years minimum (which maximizes his years as a UFA), to the 8 years maximum. I'm hoping for more than 3 even though Keith/Toews/Kane would expire if he took a 3 year RFA deal.

Strome is great, and has been great for the Hawks, I just really fear the overraction contract. He was underachieving until he came here and if this team changes and is asked to change, will he be able to or revert back to Phoenix Strome. that's my question. I don't think he will, but we've seen it happen with players before. Hope the hawks can figure out how to keep him long term and they pay him and he produces.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Strome is great, and has been great for the Hawks, I just really fear the overraction contract. He was underachieving until he came here and if this team changes and is asked to change, will he be able to or revert back to Phoenix Strome. that's my question. I don't think he will, but we've seen it happen with players before. Hope the hawks can figure out how to keep him long term and they pay him and he produces.
I think Strome can be tucked in for 4-5 mil...depending on next year of course. I am hoping he realuses his chemistry with El Gato and has some incentive to stay and take a bridger.

El Gato is more critical, but won't really be cost controlled because he's damned close to superstar status what with 32 G already his sophomore year.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

But its the hawks. They traded Saad because he would not accept a bridge contract, he wanted 6.5 per year, there was no negotiation. Bowman thought he should have accepted a bridge contract of 3-4 million just because he was already here and won two cups.

Panarin signed the extension, for 6 million per year, but they were worried about having to pay him another 2 million in incentives that he got his first two years. Cat is in the same situation Panarin was in, only he did not get the incentives the hawks had to give Breadman to get him to sign like he did from his homeland. What I see is the only way he can stay here with his buddy Strome is if he accepts a bridge. Otherwise Seabrook, Keith or Crawford will have to go and I would assume that would need to happen before they offer Cat the deal. Some fans will turn on him for being the reason one of the core is gone, as bad as it is needed.

I have the feeling that Cat wont be the one to break that negotiation bubble Bowman is in unless he is gone.

We know Cat can shoot, he gets to a spot and rips the puck. What we have yet to see is how Cat handles getting manhandled, getting punished, hit early and often and how his shot changes when he is looking over his shoulder. That was why Panarin did not "deliver" in the playoffs, he was a little guy getting beat down. The deal will depend on how the hawks think he will handle it. I know most want to lose as much as possible and get a high pick, but its pretty important to see if Cat delivers in the playoffs or if the beat down starts and he disappears too.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But its the hawks. They traded Saad because he would not accept a bridge contract, he wanted 6.5 per year, there was no negotiation. Bowman thought he should have accepted a bridge contract of 3-4 million just because he was already here and won two cups.

Panarin signed the extension, for 6 million per year, but they were worried about having to pay him another 2 million in incentives that he got his first two years. Cat is in the same situation Panarin was in, only he did not get the incentives the hawks had to give Breadman to get him to sign like he did from his homeland. What I see is the only way he can stay here with his buddy Strome is if he accepts a bridge. Otherwise Seabrook, Keith or Crawford will have to go and I would assume that would need to happen before they offer Cat the deal. Some fans will turn on him for being the reason one of the core is gone, as bad as it is needed.

I have the feeling that Cat wont be the one to break that negotiation bubble Bowman is in unless he is gone.

We know Cat can shoot, he gets to a spot and rips the puck. What we have yet to see is how Cat handles getting manhandled, getting punished, hit early and often and how his shot changes when he is looking over his shoulder. That was why Panarin did not "deliver" in the playoffs, he was a little guy getting beat down. The deal will depend on how the hawks think he will handle it. I know most want to lose as much as possible and get a high pick, but its pretty important to see if Cat delivers in the playoffs or if the beat down starts and he disappears too.

The 'hawks are in a much different situation than they were with Saad or Panarin. There are only 8 current roster players signed through Debrincat's coming extension: Toews, Kane, Saad, Anisimov, Seabrook, Keith, Murphy, and Delia. Crawford is a complete non-factor. Delia is cheap. Saad and Anisimov are expendible (No clauses on either contract starting next year). Murph is a good middle-pair guy. We're pretty much stuck with Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabook....but overall the 'hawks aren't looking bad in the salary department like they did going into 2016 or 2018. By the end of 2020 Kruger, Cagulla, Kunitz, Ward, Gus, and Crawford should all be gone or, in Caligula's case, signed for about the same in terms of cap %.

In my opinion Debrincat is a must-resign. At 21 years old right now he's breathing a lot of fresh life into the 'hawks what with all of their old core over 30. This season in spite of being tiny he's been the only player showing he carries his nuts in a wheelbarrow. He's topped 30G. Hell, he's had better 2nd-full-season numbers than Martin St., Louis.

Given the known cap numbers of about 48M signed through/beyond 2021, signing Debrincat/Strome won't put the 'hawks in hock. Even if they collectivelym take home 12M combined, that will still be over 20M left for everyone else which is more than doable--especially if we get guys like Joker, Boqvist, Beaudin, and Mitchell up on D all of whom are on ELC's.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The 'hawks are in a much different situation than they were with Saad or Panarin. There are only 8 current roster players signed through Debrincat's coming extension: Toews, Kane, Saad, Anisimov, Seabrook, Keith, Murphy, and Delia. Crawford is a complete non-factor. Delia is cheap. Saad and Anisimov are expendible (No clauses on either contract starting next year). Murph is a good middle-pair guy. We're pretty much stuck with Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabook....but overall the 'hawks aren't looking bad in the salary department like they did going into 2016 or 2018. By the end of 2020 Kruger, Cagulla, Kunitz, Ward, Gus, and Crawford should all be gone or, in Caligula's case, signed for about the same in terms of cap %.

In my opinion Debrincat is a must-resign. At 21 years old right now he's breathing a lot of fresh life into the 'hawks what with all of their old core over 30. This season in spite of being tiny he's been the only player showing he carries his nuts in a wheelbarrow. He's topped 30G. Hell, he's had better 2nd-full-season numbers than Martin St., Louis.

Given the known cap numbers of about 48M signed through/beyond 2021, signing Debrincat/Strome won't put the 'hawks in hock. Even if they collectivelym take home 12M combined, that will still be over 20M left for everyone else which is more than doable--especially if we get guys like Joker, Boqvist, Beaudin, and Mitchell up on D all of whom are on ELC's.

I mean... has anyone anywhere been like. Man, I don't think we should resign debrincat... or If we we lose him, meh. I guess. I don't think I've seen an that argument anywhere, so I think that's just a given. We should pencil him in. The question is how much does he get and how much leverage does he have.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean... has anyone anywhere been like. Man, I don't think we should resign debrincat... or If we we lose him, meh. I guess. I don't think I've seen an that argument anywhere, so I think that's just a given. We should pencil him in. The question is how much does he get and how much leverage does he have.

Assuming an 83M cap, the most I can possibly see him getting is 9M, and that's over a Toews/Kane comparable from 2011 in terms of cap%. Keep in mind the hardware he and Kane had in 2011 that Debrincat in all likelihood won't have.

He does have leverage, but I think the issue is going to be less about the raw dollar amount and more on the term. The term will be at least 3 years to take him to UFA. I think any longer and the price goes up, but that 3 year term would take him right up to the expiry of Kane/Toews/Keith's deals. Debrincat might be looking for a "reasonable bridge" knowing full well that there's no way Kane or Toews will command such a high salary when they're 35, and Keith will be de facto gone. That right there is over 26M coming off the books and come 2023 he can blank-check the 'hawks.

Plus, I believe Debrincat will not be arbitration eligible. He will have had to complete 4 complete pro years to be arbitration eleigible, but will only have 3 at the end of next season.

Given that we'll either be rid of Stan or he's proven to have revered the trans-orbital lobotomy he had in signing Kunitz and Manning (as proved in his acquisitions this season once he kicked Q to the curb), I think Stan will realize what side his bread is buttered on. Debrincat is as well-positioned to be a member of the next core as well as anyone. I don't think Stan will give him such a fuck-off offer that he will accept an offer sheet unless it's ridiculously ginormous.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have a playoff run to worry about first thing after the trade deadline.

Tomorrow might seem like just a game, but it’s the mother fucking broken red wings standing in the way of this groups furious epic charge back to .500 hockey. (A few ot wins short of true .500 surely) but 26-26 and legit 8th seed hunting.

Funny year, a few points separate hunting for 8th or fishing at the bottom lottery. Not sure which I even want but the players decide not anybody else and they decided to sniff a trip to Vegas, Nashville, maybe San Jose or Winnipeg.

At the end of the day nobody want to see Toews, Kane, Crow on the ice opposing in a winner take all game. Not really. Maybe their head, not their soul. Their soul knows.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Assuming an 83M cap, the most I can possibly see him getting is 9M, and that's over a Toews/Kane comparable from 2011 in terms of cap%. Keep in mind the hardware he and Kane had in 2011 that Debrincat in all likelihood won't have.

He does have leverage, but I think the issue is going to be less about the raw dollar amount and more on the term. The term will be at least 3 years to take him to UFA. I think any longer and the price goes up, but that 3 year term would take him right up to the expiry of Kane/Toews/Keith's deals. Debrincat might be looking for a "reasonable bridge" knowing full well that there's no way Kane or Toews will command such a high salary when they're 35, and Keith will be de facto gone. That right there is over 26M coming off the books and come 2023 he can blank-check the 'hawks.

Plus, I believe Debrincat will not be arbitration eligible. He will have had to complete 4 complete pro years to be arbitration eleigible, but will only have 3 at the end of next season.

Given that we'll either be rid of Stan or he's proven to have revered the trans-orbital lobotomy he had in signing Kunitz and Manning (as proved in his acquisitions this season once he kicked Q to the curb), I think Stan will realize what side his bread is buttered on. Debrincat is as well-positioned to be a member of the next core as well as anyone. I don't think Stan will give him such a fuck-off offer that he will accept an offer sheet unless it's ridiculously ginormous.

I cant see Cat getting that same money Breadman gets. He is maybe top 2 other than Ovi on that side.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant see Cat getting that same money Breadman gets. He is maybe top 2 other than Ovi on that side.
As I mentioned, he is an RFA that isn't arbitration eligible. That does work in the 'hawks favor.

I still think 7M min, 8M is possible. 9M absolute max and in the last case he likely will need something like a Conn Smythe.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as Cat is a defensive liability I don’t see him eclipsing 6 (on the Hawks)

Too one dimensionsal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

So you're saying he's going to sign a 12 year 72M contract... got it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We have a playoff run to worry about first thing after the trade deadline.

Tomorrow might seem like just a game, but it’s the mother fucking broken red wings standing in the way of this groups furious epic charge back to .500 hockey. (A few ot wins short of true .500 surely) but 26-26 and legit 8th seed hunting.

Funny year, a few points separate hunting for 8th or fishing at the bottom lottery. Not sure which I even want but the players decide not anybody else and they decided to sniff a trip to Vegas, Nashville, maybe San Jose or Winnipeg.

At the end of the day nobody want to see Toews, Kane, Crow on the ice opposing in a winner take all game. Not really. Maybe their head, not their soul. Their soul knows.

I'm still stuck on the question of what a playoff run really gets this team? Does it make them more attractive in the offseason to player who know they still have it and can still compete, or are they just further delaying a bigger much needed overhaul.