Catch all Season thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, somebody should've beaten the living crap out of Strome.

"I hit him hard,” Strome said. “I was going fast. I hope he’s OK. "
He was pushed by Evander Kane: Watch it again.

The fact remains that this is Hockey. Both Kane and Malkin should have been targeted after those plays.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's also easy for some schmo fan to forget that for the 2nd year running Crawford got ran and not a single player stood up for him. That's gotta give him some pause considering the commulative effect of concussions. The last thing Crawford should want is being run once again while the pantywaists in front of him are too busy greasing each other's crease.

I seriously think he doesn't see any game ice the rest of the year--there's little reason for him to. Next year though--he's either tandeming with Delia or on LTIR since I don't see him walking away from his remaining 5M.

I agree with you, my point is that I've heard quite a few "he should retire" comments, not here but around town.

As far as any Hawk player sticking up for Crow or any team mate...I'm never surprised when they don't.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Update from Pierre

The Blackhawks’ win streak isn’t going to make the team a buyer. Columbus and Carolina, I’m told, are among the teams that have called on Artem Anisimov but so far that feels more like tire-kicking.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with you, my point is that I've heard quite a few "he should retire" comments, not here but around town.

As far as any Hawk player sticking up for Crow or any team mate...I'm never surprised when they don't.
Oh, i know. I hear the same even out here

Even if he wanted to hang em up, he shouldn't leave 5M on the table...especially for 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018.

And i agree the pack mentality is a joke anymore. Last game it took 3 time where the pantywaists we had on defense were letting the opposition whack at Ward before Murph did something.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
D-D-D Line still on fire...

Dylan - Dominic - DeBrincat as Pat put it.

1-0!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Finally saw the recall note, sure wish it had been Martinson because the hawks got old school original six beat up and down the rink last night, and as soon as a bruin got touched it was down in agony like a soccer player. D was non existent in front of Delia, or just in his way. So much for that three year dealeo.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Lot of good pieces have come together now, and whether they make the playoffs or not some players have really raised their profile, who are we going to have to worry about come the off-season about resigning? I remember one of the sites went under so I'm not sure which is the most accurate now but it looks like maybe...

UFA
Kruger - if they still think he adds value
Ward - I think maybe this is a given? But awkward with the Crow situation

RFA
Perlini?
Kampf? - too hurt?
Koekkoek?
I assume Forsberg is gonezo

20-21 RFA - do we try to lock up early?
Stromme
Big Cat
Kahun
Gus - UFA
Has Caggiula made any kind of impression on anyone?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot of good pieces have come together now, and whether they make the playoffs or not some players have really raised their profile, who are we going to have to worry about come the off-season about resigning? I remember one of the sites went under so I'm not sure which is the most accurate now but it looks like maybe... UFA Kruger - if they still think he adds value Ward - I think maybe this is a given? But awkward with the Crow situation RFA Perlini? Kampf? - too hurt? Koekkoek? I assume Forsberg is gonezo 20-21 RFA - do we try to lock up early? Stromme Big Cat Kahun Gus - UFA Has Caggiula made any kind of impression on anyone?
I'm kind of liking Caggiula. Kahun and Perlini I'd really like to see moved. I won't lose sleep if Saad or Gus is traded either.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm kind of liking Caggiula. Kahun and Perlini I'd really like to see moved. I won't lose sleep if Saad or Gus is traded either.

I like the little fella too. Least he has some fight to him

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
if Gus is traded we lose this dominant power play. We would be stuck back with keith who would rather pull the puck out of the zone than make a pass that he knows he will get beat the other way if he turns it over, hell, they might have to go back to 2 d men then strome or cat is off the first group again. At least that keeps cat shooting and here as long as bowman believes he can afford him, which sure seems like a prime candidate of getting moved if he does not accept a bridge contract. 30 goal scorers should not require a bridge.

I dont know what they could get for crow, but he is out saying he is ready to go, and Ward and Delia are killing it right now. Can he play D? I highly doubt you are counting on Crow back for a full season next year. We all know what needs to be moved, a 4.5-6 million deal. AA, Seabrook, Crow should be on the top of that list.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
if Gus is traded we lose this dominant power play. We would be stuck back with keith who would rather pull the puck out of the zone than make a pass that he knows he will get beat the other way if he turns it over, hell, they might have to go back to 2 d men then strome or cat is off the first group again. At least that keeps cat shooting and here as long as bowman believes he can afford him, which sure seems like a prime candidate of getting moved if he does not accept a bridge contract. 30 goal scorers should not require a bridge.

I dont know what they could get for crow, but he is out saying he is ready to go, and Ward and Delia are killing it right now. Can he play D? I highly doubt you are counting on Crow back for a full season next year. We all know what needs to be moved, a 4.5-6 million deal. AA, Seabrook, Crow should be on the top of that list.

the problem is you can't move Crow unless you play him to show he's over the concussions and you can't play him to show him that he's over the concussions because the other two goalies are doing so well and crow a shit the bed. Or worse yet he's not over the concussions and shits the bed and you're really stuck with him

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
3 back going into today..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yeah, tough game, Breadman came and delivered as we watch him in the second year of even money getting Saad back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowman will never escape breaking a top 5 pairing in the league. Panarin answers Kane’s PP goal 20 seconds later.

Must have been a fun dinner after with their 5 points.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My take below.
Lot of good pieces have come together now, and whether they make the playoffs or not some players have really raised their profile, who are we going to have to worry about come the off-season about resigning? I remember one of the sites went under so I'm not sure which is the most accurate now but it looks like maybe...

UFA
Kruger - if they still think he adds value
I think we let Kruger go. He's not really bringing too much to the table.
Ward - I think maybe this is a given? But awkward with the Crow situation
I think Wardo might be done after this year. Honestly I think they ride out Crawford next year while giving Delia and possibly a rotating 3rd some good looks

RFA
Perlini?
I could see us keeping him if he's dirt cheap for bottom-6 fodder
Kampf? - too hurt?
Ditto

Koekkoek?
Might be kept, might leave. Depends on the progress of Joker, Boqvist, Beudin, & Mitchell
I assume Forsberg is gonezo
I hope so

20-21 RFA - do we try to lock up early?
Stromme
Probably bridged at about 3-4M
Big Cat
He's tucked in for at least 7M per season.
Kahun
Probably bridger about 2-3M or let go if there's someone better
Gus - UFA
I think Gus becomes tradebait at the TDL next season. At this point the 'hawks need defenders who can actually play defense, not Leddy v2.0
Has Caggiula made any kind of impression on anyone?
He's been going to the net, which is good. Probably about the same as Kahun.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought the hawks still have control with Cat and Stromme, cat is about a 770k hit, while strome a little over 850. Any extensions will start in 2020, when Crow's contract is done.

I think the hawks too a long time to find Leddy 2.0. Biggest win trade ever for Cam Barker. They had Rutta penciled in at 2.3 so I am sure there is going to be room for Gus. I know Joker is not a PP point man, dont know about the rest, but odds are Boqvist does not make the team next season out of camp due to starting the control issue crap.

I think that is the biggest deal with the hawks, if they dont steal these years at the beginning of the career, some of these guys might accept the bridge deals. But when the entire dressed defense plays better than a 6.8 million dollar man, how can they not want to be paid?

They need to make the tough deal with Seabrook, convince Crow to retire, or move him to Montreal while probably giving them picks. If he somehow never gets another concussion, God bless him. they got off on the cheap with Delia, but he has not played the same since he got that extension either. Somebody tell him he gets the million next year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Winter classic sweaters again tonight. Wonder if Delia will get to play in his special mask this time?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, that was an interesting first period.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks