Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
fun fact: limeys are called that because of that scurvy fighting technique BUT Captain Cook fed his sailors mounds of sauerkraut to combat it.

I'll bet that ship smelled great.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
That would suck, the bloody mary is my favorite savory cocktail.

My recipe, minus amounts because I have no idea:

regular V8
worcestershire sauce
lime juice fresh preferred
celery salt in the drink, rim optional
garlic powder
hot sauce
inexpensive vodka like Smirnoff, because you wont taste it, not rot got like Skol, why would you do that to yourself?

Optional
horseradish
pickled Jalapeno juice
hot pickle juice
regular pickle juice or olive juice, garlic stuffed olive juice is a nice touch.

I make them any anywhere on the heat scale from 1-10, wife likes 3-4 I go for 7-8, I have made some 10 for people. Bragging about how hot you make something should not be a thing, any asshole can add more cayenne pepper or hot sauce.

I rarely go crazy with the garnishes, a celery stick or a lime wedge will do. I do love it when restaurants go crazy with garnish, shrimp, bacon, burnt ends.

This is a bit much.
tmg-facebook_social

Nice recipe, this time of year (summer harvest) I grow and process mass amounts of tomatoes, peppers, etc. and all related surplus goes into either marinara sauce or Bloody Mary mix which I freeze by the half-gallon.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
That means good parenting. As a gen xer I will still rag on them. They watch other people play video games like it is a television program (not in the same room waiting 4 their turn, and they put codeine in their jungle juice because ours isnt strong enough.

What is this codeine juice you speak of? My boomer Gen is confused.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Btw, got nxt couple days off so 2nite ice cold old style. Something about working in the garden and puttering around on a humid day. Nice deckbeer after kiddos are tucked in.

Old Style - srs?

When I tell people about the nasty shit we drank as teens in the Chi suburbs in the ‘80s, I explain just how vile warm cans of Old Style taste like. It’s one if the bad high school memories.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought a bottle of orange juice to go with breakfast this morning. I have been downing it all day long like I am trying to beat scurvy. Minus the one glass my wife had...I am one glass away from finishing it all.

....and no vodka was involved!!!

You lie!!!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Actually it has 50 and a halve % of alcohol by volume which makes it 101 proof, that explaines the extra bite. Bacardi 151 rum was 151 proof so 75 and a halve % ABV. It has been discontinued because too many assholes tried doing flaming shots and set them selves on fire, see youtube.

On the other end of the spectrum you have Captain Morgan at 70 proof, so now they have a 100 proof version so the other alcohol doesn't laugh at them. Then you have the syrupy shit amaretto, Schnapps etc... that come in under 60 proof, as low as 40.

Then you got the insane level Everclear at 190 proof. We used it in a punch at a house warming party, ingredients:

Hawaiian punch, Hawaiian punch powder, tons of cheap Champagne, scoops of sherbet floating and lots of Everclear.

We had a keg of Becks so the real drinkers went for that while the lightweights and women went for the punch. "I'm not really a drinker, I'll just have the punch", okay. It got weird all the women and pussies got wasted and the guys were surrounded by drunk women, many epic stories about that night.
Please continue this in the "wild sex stories" thread located in thee generous donator forum.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Old Style - srs?

When I tell people about the nasty shit we drank as teens in the Chi suburbs in the ‘80s, I explain just how vile warm cans of Old Style taste like. It’s one if the bad high school memories.
Old style is a step up from the shit I grew up drinking in the 2010s - keystone and Natty light. Makes me want to barf just thinking about it!

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today its 7-7, for you youngins thats Seagram's blended whiskey and 7 -up

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Currently, the Counselor Cabernet...a little too light bodied for me but still a solid Cab.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks