CHICAGO BEARS 2012 Draft

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
In this draft ... it has to be PAYBACK.

1. We owe the NYG's

2. We owe the 49er's

And last but not least ...

3. G.B.

The rest of the NFC is just worthless scum if we build this team right.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Kendall Wright would be the perfect pick now that we have Marshall. I just didn't want him to be our #1 with the WR corp we had before Marshall. A top 3 of Marshall, Wright, and Bennett would be fantastic. Floyd would still be nice, but I really don't think he'll still be there. Wright might not be there either, but that pick looks a whole lot better now that Marshall is in the fold.

My big board for #19 (I'm assuming Floyd will go way before our pick)
1. Kendall Wright WR
2. David DeCastro G
3. Mark Barron S
4. Cordy Glenn G
5. Whitney Mercilus DE
6. Jonathan Martin T
7. Melvin Ingram DE
8. Peter Konz C
9. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
10. Devon Still DT

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
CHICAGO BEARS! Weve got a horse in this race! So help us all gentlemen,our race is to the end. !

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV89InWOENc"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV89InWOENc[/ame]

SweetnessIsGod

Liked Posts:
I think Kendall Wright would be the perfect pick now that we have Marshall. I just didn't want him to be our #1 with the WR corp we had before Marshall. A top 3 of Marshall, Wright, and Bennett would be fantastic. Floyd would still be nice, but I really don't think he'll still be there. Wright might not be there either, but that pick looks a whole lot better now that Marshall is in the fold.

1. Kendall Wright WR
2. David DeCastro G
3. Mark Barron S
4. Cordy Glenn G
5. Whitney Mercilus DE
6. Jonathan Martin T
7. Melvin Ingram DE
8. Peter Konz C
9. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
10. Devon Still DT

I would take Hill before Wright. Bigger, faster, longer, and more of a jump ball threat. Physically he reminds me of a poor mans Moss without the off the field issues. Just my two cents.

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:

1. Kendall Wright WR
2. David DeCastro G
3. Mark Barron S
4. Cordy Glenn G
5. Whitney Mercilus DE
6. Jonathan Martin T
7. Melvin Ingram DE
8. Peter Konz C
9. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
10. Devon Still DT

Whew ! Just got off the Brandon Marshall high.

Actually the way things have shaken out with WR's the scene may be open for Floyd to come our way at 19.

It seems like Wright would be there no matter what.

No matter how it turns out even if we go OL with the first pick,

sombody at HALAS HALL has found out what is needed.

That pay attention to a long neglected Offense at WR & OL.

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall ... Jason Campbell under the belt.

In this up coming draft ... where do we go?

Would Floyd still be a no brainer if he comes our way at 19?

What about best OL at #19?

Fuck ... :fap:

ZAN

Liked Posts:
All I heard about Kendall Wright in the weeks leading up to the combine was to ignore his measurables (height, weight, hand size, etc...) and his lack of physicality off the line of scrimmage, AND his inability to seperate on double move patterns...because he JUST FLIES on vertical routes....

...then he ran a 4.61...

STOP THE IGNORANCE!

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I also haven't seen DeCastro lower than 11 on any of the 25+ mocks I've looked at...

If we go WR in the first, the name needs to be Floyd, Jeffery, or Hill. All possess the talent to plug in across from Marshall and take this offense to the next level...

To be honest, I think this draft is going to be easy for Emery to hit a home run in the first round. All you have to do is take the best talent on the board at 19. That's what good teams do.

Under Angelo, he'd frequently take a risk/project pick at a position of need after a run on that SAME position before the Bears pick...i.e. Chris Williams a few years ago after Long and Clady were off the board. Long was obviously expected...

I'd be totally happy if Emery went top talent available at 19 if there were to be a run on WRs and Blackmon, Floyd, Hill, and Jeffery were all off the board....because that means the Bears would be staring at LEAST ONE of these three guys

Luke Keuchly - LB (Boston College) : Can play Sam backer for now, and slide to Mike when #54 leaves. Great tackler...needed when you play Adrian Peterson twice a year. Also solves that rotating "play whoever is healthy off the Special Teams....or Nick Roach" strong side backer position.

Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB (Alabama) : Absolute freak pass rusher, but can also play either OLB position. Gives the Bears a presence opposite of Julius Peppers to give us the pass rush we haven't had since the Super Bowl year.

Dre Kirkpatrick - CB (Alabama) : 6'3'' corner. Physical. Good ball skills. Great in run support. Would be an absolute steal. Opposite Charles Tillman, the Bears secondary would be much better off facing the Packers and Lions twice a year.

All Emery has to do is take the top talent. We need pretty much everything....yet we're still going to be a contender in 2012-13, regardless who he picks. We just need the player to be impact, no matter who it is.

Last edited:

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
All I heard about Kendall Wright in the weeks leading up to the combine was to ignore his measurables (height, weight, hand size, etc...) and his lack of physicality off the line of scrimmage, AND his inability to seperate on double move patterns...because he JUST FLIES on vertical routes....

...then he ran a 4.61...

STOP THE IGNORANCE!

Sounds like a slot that can go over the middle and block.

Where would you put him in our draft order?

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a slot that can go over the middle and block.

Where would you put him in our draft order?

We have a proven slot who's not afraid to go over the middle or block a corner/OLB/box SS. Earl Bennett is his name.

WRs (in MY opinion)
1. Blackmon (though I like Floyd better, he's just the consensus #1)
2. Floyd
3. Jeffery
4. Hill
5. Randle
6. Wright
7. Sanu
8. Jenkins
9. McNutt
10. Toon

Theres my top 10...and I'm probably being generous to Wright at #6. He's just not a first round talent.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
The Bears, realistically need to look at 19 taking these guys...I'll be generous and let DeCastro fall.

1. DeCastro - OL (Stanford)
2. Floyd - WR (ND)
3. Hill - WR (GT)
4. Jeffery (I worry about his weight. I think he's going to each his paychecks Oliver Miller style) - WR (South Car)
5. Kirkpatrick - CB (Alabama)
6. Upshaw - OLB/DE (Alabama)
7. Adams - OL (Ohio State)
8. Barron - FS (Alabama)

To me, it's very realistic that DeCastro, Floyd, Jeffery, and Hill will ALL be off the board leaving the Bears many elite defensive options...most of them from Roll Tide.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:

...then he ran a 4.61...

STOP THE IGNORANCE!

Ran a 4.3 yesterday which is more like what he loOks on tape. He is a great player taPe don't lie Wes Welker 2.O

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
The Bears, realistically need to look at 19 taking these guys...I'll be generous and let DeCastro fall.

1. DeCastro - OL (Stanford)
2. Floyd - WR (ND)
3. Hill - WR (GT)
4. Jeffery (I worry about his weight. I think he's going to each his paychecks Oliver Miller style) - WR (South Car)
5. Kirkpatrick - CB (Alabama)
6. Upshaw - OLB/DE (Alabama)
7. Adams - OL (Ohio State)
8. Barron - FS (Alabama)

To me, it's very realistic that DeCastro, Floyd, Jeffery, and Hill will ALL be off the board leaving the Bears many elite defensive options...most of them from Roll Tide.

Hey ZAN with the Bush signing ... you may just get what you want.

Emery is taking Offensive players in FA off the boards.

That means the Crimson should come up higher at Defense.

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
One draft rag has Zietler going at 45 while we draft at 50, so this is more then doable.

Name: Kevin Zeitler
College: Wisconsin Number: 70
Height: 6-4 Weight: 314
Position: OG Pos2: OT
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2012
40 Time: 5.39 40 Low: 5.23 40 High: 5.54
Projected Round: 1-2 Stock:
Rated number 3 out of 222 OG's 37 / 2637 TOTAL

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6037
Weight: 314
40 Yrd Dash: 5.39
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 32
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 08'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.61
3-Cone Drill: 7.77

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears - CBSSports.com RapidReports

After the Brandon Marshall trade, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. sees the Bears more likely than ever to select an offensive lineman in Round 1. He had foretasted they would take Ohio State OT Mike Adams, but says Iowa's Riley Reiff, Georgia's Cordy Glenn or Stanford's Jonathan Martin are possibilities. At the owners meetings Wednesday, coach Lovie Smith said he is satisfied with LT J'Marcus Webb.

Goose6

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears - CBSSports.com RapidReports

After the Brandon Marshall trade, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. sees the Bears more likely than ever to select an offensive lineman in Round 1. He had foretasted they would take Ohio State OT Mike Adams, but says Iowa's Riley Reiff, Georgia's Cordy Glenn or Stanford's Jonathan Martin are possibilities. At the owners meetings Wednesday, coach Lovie Smith said he is satisfied with LT J'Marcus Webb.

no one is satisfied with J'Marcus Webb. he was statistically the WORST LT in the league. at least we got rid of Frank Omyelenenen, he was the biggest piece of shit ever, Webb was second on that list though.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
no one is satisfied with J'Marcus Webb. he was statistically the WORST LT in the league. at least we got rid of Frank Omyelenenen, he was the biggest piece of shit ever, Webb was second on that list though.

From the reports and quotes I've read, I think the Bears believe they can get away with Webb at LT based on their new schemes. That and with a shallow depth at the tackle position in the draft (the tackle they want probably won't be at 19) and there's no one they really want or can get in FA, then they're being forced to overcome these obstacles.

Who knows though? Maybe Webb will start beasting this year. /blind hope

Goose6

Liked Posts:
From the reports and quotes I've read, I think the Bears believe they can get away with Webb at LT based on their new schemes. That and with a shallow depth at the tackle position in the draft (the tackle they want probably won't be at 19) and there's no one they really want or can get in FA, then they're being forced to overcome these obstacles.

Who knows though? Maybe Webb will start beasting this year. /blind hope

He did show strides last year where he could play well. Then he'd have a game like he did against the Vikings. Maybe his third year as a starter will help him grow into a baller.

Is there a chance we move C Willams back to LT and put Spencer or E Williams at his G spot? I know Williams was a much better G than T, but maybe he's improved.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I have little faith in Webb. I question his guts most of all.

JackieJokeMan

Liked Posts:
We need a WR in the first if it's Floyd.

That pretty much rounds out the WR corp.

It has to be OL in the second ...

I dont care who.

Sombody that can protect Cutler.

How does that sound?

Thats democratic.

Vote!