Chicago Cubs... dumbest baseball organization

grenade007

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone want to move Castro up so quick? Give him another year in the minors, a September call up then work from there. No need to bring him up this quick.

well i just think its worth a shot to get the bats going and increase the fan's morale. plus its a lot less crazy then this whole big z situation. you're probably right though, i suppose i could live with a august/september call up depending on where they are at.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is just something pinella did to light a fire in jim hendry to get him an 8th inning guy. just a slap in hendry face telling him he built this team bad. i bet hendry has trade done in the next week and big z back in rotation fast.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
How many good 8th inning guys are on the market 15 games into the season?

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Very little to none that are worth taking a chance on. As much as the bullpen pisses me off, they have to stick with them. They are young and will hopefully get better as the season goes on. If it's still bad around the trade deadline then they should try to make a move.

Serious Late

Liked Posts:
Wow. I am shocked by the response to moving Z to the bullpen. This move makes more and more sense to me the more I think about it.

Look at this this way, starting rotation, not a problem. Bullpen = horrible. Zambrano, imo, would have the best impact of all our starters coming out of the pen. Now, if he was pitching much better than the other starters, then yeah, you don't make the move. The way he has pitched though, mediocre, suggests to me that he is the perfect choice to make the move.

I don't see this as a demotion or reflection on him, as much as I see it as a reflection on the Bullpen. Something had to be done and he is the best suited to make the switch.

My formula:

Starting pitching - Zambrano + Lilly = same
Starting pitching - Silva or Gorzelanny + Lilly = right now maybe a tad better, but close.
Bullpen + Zambrano = decent chance to be significantly better
Bullpen + any other starter = not much different

This is all temporary until Silva or Tom G. implode and are done in the rotation, anyway. I am really starting to like this move.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zambrano to the bullpen.

WTF!?

Discuss.

there is a method to this madness. There is no way he stays in there.

1) he is a stop gap until JH gets some help
2) Sending a message to the whole team (imo a little late for that)
3) He will be dealt

ButchCrassidy

Liked Posts:
South Side of Chicago (formerly of 87th, currently
Here goes that "Zambrano will be traded" bs. To who? Who wants a legitimate headcase? This guy is the Cubs ace because of his contract, not because of his past production. The CG up against Lincecum and the Giants at the end of last year...he has only a handful of starts like that a year. Unless the Cubs decided to eat most of his salary, no one would be stupid enough to trade for Z.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he would reject a deal there because he wouldn't be able to hit

Pappy

Liked Posts:
I think It's too early to make a good judgement on Z. One inning he doesn't have room for error. I would need two more outings before making a comment.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I don't know, a chance to win a ring or not hit, I think he would go for the ring. As much as I hate to admit it, the Yankees still have the best chance of getting a ring.