Chris Johnson advises Johnny Manziel to keep right on partying

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Johnson advises Johnny Manziel to keep right on partying

In an NFL.com podcast interview, Jets running back Chris Johnson gave some advice to fun-loving rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel, Dom Cosentino of the Newark Star Ledger reports.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam recently had to meet with Manziel to tell him to tone it down. Manziel pretty much responded by saying, "Yeah, no."

"Be your own man," Johnson said. "Do what you got to do. It’s the offseason. That’s when you get time to do whatever you want to do and live your life. I’m pretty sure once the season gets here, he’ll be all right. He’s going to focus in on football. But this is the time now to where he’ll be able to hang out and do some of the things you want to do. Because once the season gets here, you really have no life. It’s just football and football.”

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jets RB Chris Johnson advises Johnny Manziel to keep right on partying

So Browns rookie Johnny Manziel insists on making a big ol' frat party out of his offseason, at least when he isn't hanging with Justin Bieber or lounging by the pool?

So what, says Jets running back Chris Johnson.

In that same podcast interview with NFL.com's Dave Dameshek in which he said he could beat Mike Vick in a footrace, Johnson was also asked what advice he'd have for a fun-loving rookie like Manziel, who is somehow more damaging to the Browns' brand than the existence of the Browns.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam recently had to meet with Manziel to tell him to tone it down. Manziel pretty much responded by saying, "Yeah, no."

Incidentally, this would be the same Jimmy Haslam whose truck stop chain is accused of defrauding customers out of millions of dollars; at least 10 employees have already pleaded guilty for their roles the scheme, which could extend all the way up to Haslam's owner's suite. This would also be the same Jimmy Haslam who fired a coach after just one season, and a general manager and CEO weeks later after a little less than two seasons, only to have the subsequent search for a new coach drag on and on.

But, yeah, let's fret because the quarterback with a reputation for partying is actually partying after we knowingly drafted him. Never change, Browns.

Back to Johnson's answer to the question of what advice he'd give Manziel. It was pretty much, "Be yourself."

"Be your own man," Johnson said. "Do what you got to do. It’s the offseason. That’s when you get time to do whatever you want to do and live your life. I’m pretty sure once the season gets here, he’ll be all right. He’s going to focus in on football. But this is the time now to where he’ll be able to hang out and do some of the things you want to do. Because once the season gets here, you really have no life. It’s just football and football.”

You can hear Johnson's answer below, beginning at the 44:25 mark.

Johnson's answer, by the way, is similar to what former Jets Great® Joe Namath said about Johnny Football.

Encouraging a professional athlete to enjoy himself as he sees fit during the offseason? What's this world coming to? (Correct answer: It's coming to its senses.)

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I almost want to make the Browns my second team. It's hilarious the way they continually self-destruct

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, there was the story about how the whole FO wanted Bridgewater, how they even contracted some scouting service or some shit to evaluate the QBs and came back saying Bridgewater was the best in the class. But it came down from the owner on draft day to take Manziel... lmao

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
lol browns...

"Sorry I'm not sorry"

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Manziel is the least of the Brown's problems. They may want to call Webster Slaughter or Reggie Langhorne and see if they have anything left in the tank. Has anyone heard why they cut Bennett?

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
He's not good.

Duh, but I'm surprised they didn't at least take him to preseason with the lack of talent they have. I was thinking maybe there was a published reason like injury.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Manziel is the least of the Brown's problems. They may want to call Webster Slaughter or Reggie Langhorne and see if they have anything left in the tank. Has anyone heard why they cut Bennett?

Not yet anyway

manziel-money-restroom.png

Rolling bills usually means one thing...

1367831475_tumblr_lwteg7dlAK1r835npo1_500.gif

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Not yet anyway

manziel-money-restroom.png

Rolling bills usually means one thing...

1367831475_tumblr_lwteg7dlAK1r835npo1_500.gif
lmao.

LOL

Totally doing blow. But let's be honest here, we all have an idea he's not the only one partaking in this kinda shit. He's just the dumbass who gets caught. Still, nonetheless, haha he's totally rollin up to do some lines.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
Just about everyone partied at that age. Takes most people to 25 years old to settle down some.

Now if hes getting into blow...that stuff will screw you up!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

*sigh*

Here I thought the Browns were looking good for the first time since the 70's....then Josh Gordon implodes and Johnny Football thinks he is still in Texas....now I'm skeptical they can even pull off 8-8.

Don't judge to harshly, Bear Nation. If they had iphones back in the 80's...Jimmy Mac would have been thrown out of the league before the '85 season was over.

(and don't get me started about the stories I heard about the '85 team in New Orleans the week of the Super Bowl)

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
*sigh*

Here I thought the Browns were looking good for the first time since the 70's....then Josh Gordon implodes and Johnny Football thinks he is still in Texas....now I'm skeptical they can even pull off 8-8.

Don't judge to harshly, Bear Nation. If they had iphones back in the 80's...Jimmy Mac would have been thrown out of the league before the '85 season was over.

(and don't get me started about the stories I heard about the '85 team in New Orleans the week of the Super Bowl)

I'm still trying to figure out how McMahon made it through 4 years at B.Y.U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speed

Liked Posts:
Wait until Johnny somehow actually succeeds at pro Football. The haters ain't gonna know what to do with themselves.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's unrolling that bill in that picture and immediately gave them a pep talk on the dangers of cocaine.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Wait until Johnny somehow actually succeeds at pro Football. The haters ain't gonna know what to do with themselves.

Your avatar has perhaps the worst attempt of drawing a pot leave (at least I am assuming that is what it is supposed to be) I have ever seen...

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Your avatar has perhaps the worst attempt of drawing a pot leave (at least I am assuming that is what it is supposed to be) I have ever seen...

This^ man I have seen some bad Microsoft paint pictures in my time but that one .... that is just putrid