Chris Simms Top 40 NFL Quarterbacks: Trubisky @ #20 ???

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starting at a reasonably high level after what was actually 10 months (Nov 7 surgery) isn't magic but it is a feather in his cap and did limit one of his strongest attributes early last year. Simms has him too high for a couple of reasons but I respect that Watson was ready. Showed the warrior spirit.
I think he's done well but nowhere near Mahomes level. And HGH can do amazing things but recovering from that in a "few" months is not one of them.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson - 311 total yards, 1 TD, 1 INT vs. 10th best defense, favored by 2.0
Trubisky - 312 total yards, 1 TD, 0 INT vs. 12th best defense, favored by 6.5

Seems like that was just Mitch's 1st half numbers. He didn't do much in the 2nd half IIRC. At least that's how it seemed. He was carving people up early.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Watson - 311 total yards, 1 TD, 1 INT vs. 10th best defense, favored by 2.0
Trubisky - 312 total yards, 1 TD, 0 INT vs. 12th best defense, favored by 6.5
Watson - down by 21 in the first half had to put the game in his hands, could only manage 7 pt
Trubisky - down by 1 in the 4th quarter , drove the offense down for a makable 42 yd game winning field goal.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson - down by 21 in the first half had to put the game in his hands, could only manage 7 pt
Trubisky - down by 1 in the 4th quarter , drove the offense down for a makable 42 yd game winning field goal.
The good ones never need rely on makeable FGs. And completing 2 passes not much driving.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears were ahead after the 1st 1/2, Mitch plays a VG to great 2nd 1/2 yet somehow, the loss was on him. 1st 1/2 would have looked better had they not called the long Miller catch incomplete but you gotta go with what actually happened. I am still not happy with Nagy sitting on the ball before the FG try. 2nd down and the ball could have been snapped with 20 sec on the clock. Got another play in but could have had a couple more.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I was responding to someone who characterized Watson's performance as not just bad but "down right (sic) awful".

Trubisky was down by 1 in the 4th quarter because the Eagles had only 10 points in the first 59 minutes of the game. Gimme a break.

Not sure if you watched the Colts-Texans game. I did. The Colts took the kickoff, and methodically drove down the field for a TD. Lamar Miller got tackled short of a 1st down, Houston punted, and the Colts again methodically drove down the field for a TD. The teams traded INTs, and then early in the 2nd period the Colts again drove down the field for a TD. The Texans defense allows three long TD drives in less than a quarter and a half, and that's Watson's fault? He didn't play great, but he wasn't the reason his team lost, either.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson and Trubisky's performance were statistically close.

I will give this to Trubisky over Watson though......in the playoff game the Bears had a better 3rd down conversion rate and averaged a yard per play more on offense......I have to attribute some of that to Trubisky, but over all their performances were not that much different.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They both got away with what should have been multiple picks in those games but Mitch stopped doing that before the 1/2. End result is Watson with a 69 rating and Mitch with an 89 rating. Watson had 76 ground yards to make total yardage close.

Mitch's 2nd 1/2 was great overall. We had a lead after the 1st 1/2. Mitch pitched about a 120 rating and 200 yards in the 2nd 1/2 with big plays at the end. Anyone blaming the loss on him isn't playing with a full deck.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They both got away with what should have been multiple picks in those games but Mitch stopped doing that before the 1/2. End result is Watson with a 69 rating and Mitch with an 89 rating. Watson had 76 ground yards to make total yardage close.

Mitch's 2nd 1/2 was great overall. We had a lead after the 1st 1/2. Mitch pitched about a 120 rating and 200 yards in the 2nd 1/2 with big plays at the end. Anyone blaming the loss on him isn't playing with a full deck.

Chris Collinsworth, a noted Trubisky skeptic, praised Trubisky after that game saying that he was sensational. Collinsworth went on to say that if someone were to tell him that Trubisky was going to play like that, he would have predicted a total Bears blowout in this game.

There are some Trubisky haters on here, there are some that just like to stir it up, and there are those that are just dumb.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Watson and Trubisky's performance were statistically close.

I will give this to Trubisky over Watson though......in the playoff game the Bears had a better 3rd down conversion rate and averaged a yard per play more on offense......I have to attribute some of that to Trubisky, but over all their performances were not that much different.

Yeah, Trubisky was better than Watson, but I've seen some downright awful postseason QB performances, and I wouldn't say Watson's was one of them. He was just swallowed up by the Colts tidal wave, as the entire Texans were. The Colts came out like banshees and the Texans looked lethargic...the game was a blowout from the start. Watson tried to single-handedly bring his team back and couldn't. He took some monster shots. Trubisky's situation was completely different. His defense didn't give up 3 long TD drives to start the game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Trubisky was better than Watson, but I've seen some downright awful postseason QB performances, and I wouldn't say Watson's was one of them. He was just swallowed up by the Colts tidal wave, as the entire Texans were. The Colts came out like banshees and the Texans looked lethargic...the game was a blowout from the start. Watson tried to single-handedly bring his team back and couldn't. He took some monster shots. Trubisky's situation was completely different. His defense didn't give up 3 long TD drives to start the game.

Watson was playing from a hole.....that has a tendency to change the tenor of the game....it is hard to compare the two performances.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Chris Simms was a better NFL QB than he is NFL analyst.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Simms was a better NFL QB than he is NFL analyst.

SUMMARY
Career
G

AV
QBrec
7-9-0
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Well that's not a strong endorsement.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I thought Stafford's playoff appearance came before 1999, so it doesn't count and he's still 0-0 in the postseason.
How old do you think Matt Stafford is?

Last edited: