Chris Simms Top 40 NFL Quarterbacks: Trubisky @ #20 ???

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think "mediocre" is too harsh a term for Floyd. I think he's a good starting OLB on a Hunter Hillenmeyer "gets the job done" level, but he hasn't shown any pass-rush ability, and people are still projecting him for 11.5 sacks and were perfectly fine with his .25 sack/game average. Lamarr Houston got 7.5 sacks in like 10 games and was laughed out of town.

Mediocre in reflection where he was drafted and what he was supposed to do. He does a lot of little things like set the running edge and flat coverage very well. He has little pass rush capability. Considering he had Mack on the other side and Hicks on the line, I don't think it can be claimed he was double teamed a lot. Frankly, he is subpar to weak at getting to the QB. If you look at his whole game mediocre may be a bit harsh, but he fails at his main job responsibility.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Based on his overall performance so far, this is laughable.
Actually it’s not at all. His overall performance is, IN MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT MY FUCKING EYES HAVE SEEN, nowhere near Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Big Ben, Rivers. He may get there but he is just a good at the moment.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually it’s not at all. His overall performance is, IN MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT MY FUCKING EYES HAVE SEEN, nowhere near Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Big Ben, Rivers. He may get there but he is just a good at the moment.

Since Watson came into the NFL, he has a higher TD rate, lower interception rate, higher yards per attempt, higher comp%, more yards per game, and a far higher passer rating than Newton. He beats Newton in every measurable category there is.

In fact, in both of Watson's first two seasons he's had a higher passer rating than Newton's career best.

There is absolutely no metric or measurable category that Newton beats Watson in.

To say Watson is "nowhere near" Newton is laughable, and if all you have to go on is your "eye test", then you might need corrective lenses.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
On what do you base your opinion that Newton is better than Watson? Since Watson came into the NFL, he has a higher TD rate, lower interception rate, higher yards per attempt, higher comp%, more yards per game, and a far higher passer rating than Newton. He beats Newton in every measurable category there is.

In fact, in both of Watson's first two seasons he's had a higher passer rating than Newton's career best.

There is absolutely no metric or measurable category than Newton beats Watson in.

To say Watson is "nowhere near" Newton is laughable, and if all you have to go on is your "eye test", then you might need corrective lenses.

Coach class plane rides

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
On what do you base your opinion that Newton is better than Watson? Since Watson came into the NFL, he has a higher TD rate, lower interception rate, higher yards per attempt, higher comp%, more yards per game, and a far higher passer rating than Newton. He beats Newton in every measurable category there is.

There is absolutely no metric or measurable category than Newton beats Watson in.
Fuck your damn passer rating. If that’s all you are going by then your arguments are invalid. When he wins a playoff game or takes his team to a Super Bowl, that will help little Deshaun out. Okay hood in a damn playoff game would be nice. He flat out sucked in his playoff game. FLAT OUT SUCKED! Even you can’t deny that

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuck your damn passer rating. If that’s all you are going by then your arguments are invalid. When he wins a playoff game or takes his team to a Super Bowl, that will help little Deshaun out. Okay hood in a damn playoff game would be nice. He flat out sucked in his playoff game. FLAT OUT SUCKED! Even you can’t deny that

He listed 5 other metrics FYI. They are all in the post you quoted.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck your damn passer rating. If that’s all you are going by then your arguments are invalid.

I literally just gave you every relevant measurable for QBs, and Watson wins them all.

And passer rating matters. It's an accumulation of all their throws, how accurate they are, how productive they are, how much they score and how much they give away in turnovers. But "fuck your damn passer rating" ?. Because really, who needs facts?

To discount overall bodies of work because of a single game is just dumb.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson > Newton last year...statwise.....Watson threw longer passes, had a better completion rate...he was just better.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is this satire?

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I have listened to Simms podcasts for quite a while. One thing I have notice is he puts most of his stock into physical ability rather than proven production. He hates ion Brees a lot because he doesn’t have the stature or arm strength and attributes most of his success to great scheme and coaching. That’s how he can justify putting Newton ahead of the likes of Brady and Brees.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol Matt Ryan is a better QB than Watson and thats coming from someone who hates ATL sports in general and wanted to draft Watson.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol Matt Ryan is a better QB than Watson and thats coming from someone who hates ATL sports in general and wanted to draft Watson.

I remember when you used to think Cutler was better than Ryan. And Romo. Good times.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have listened to Simms podcasts for quite a while. One thing I have notice is he puts most of his stock into physical ability rather than proven production. He hates ion Brees a lot because he doesn’t have the stature or arm strength and attributes most of his success to great scheme and coaching. That’s how he can justify putting Newton ahead of the likes of Brady and Brees.

If that is the case then i can understand his list.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm never going to knock Watson. He had a great college career and is competitive as hell while being a team first guy. When Clemson won the National Championship he took a major league ass whipping but just kept coming at Alabama and eventually prevailed. I could not believe the beating he was willing to take. He's the same kind of player in the NFL that he was in college. He constantly puts himself at risk, he has a tendency to throw the ball up for grabs and has an incredible propensity to come up with big plays. He never quits and he never places blame on his teammates, so what's not to like? I think Simms does have him ranked too high but it doesn't offend me.

Mitch has a ton to prove but it kills me how negative Bear fans are toward him (especially on CCS). His arrow is pointing straight up. It's his third year but only his second in Nagy's system. Quarterbacks tend to struggle until they master an offense. Plus, everyone else needs to be in sync. Other than Burton and the backup QBs, all of the Bears on offense were learning a new system too. I expect Mitch will be one of the most improved players in the NFL this season. I hope you guys that have already passed judgement allow yourselves to appreciate him.

I'm not a Mitch fan boy either. Prior to the 2017 draft, I wanted Mahomes with Watson as my second choice. I readily admitted I had not seen much of Trubisky in college. Now that he's here, I can see the talent, attitude and willingness to bust his ass. He does not have one ounce of diva in his DNA. Talent, desire and work ethic are attributes that rarely fail.

Last edited: