Corey Crawford And Goaltending Discussion Thread

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems about time he got a thread dedicated to him.

What do you all think? I've been a big critic of him in the past -- but his play this year seems to have GREATLY improved. His positioning and hockey intelligence have both seemed to be better than last year.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely agree. Crow has improved and looks at times like he could carry the team, I mean he hasn't let us lose in regulation or OT, and anyone can understand a shootout loss. At least I can.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, he's the MVP of the Hawks thus far. The Hawks wouldn't have a record like they have without him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Too bad we don't have a solid backup/could play him everyday, very good this year as a man who was deemed to be our weakspot.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery starting today? That would be my guess as he hasn't played since the 2nd game and on a back-to-back. Wasn't Emery good last year? I thought he was.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I feel like people are exaggerating how bad Emery is. He hasn't lost a game yet this year, and I feel like the only reason we feel this way is because Crow has been so good and we never want him to leave the net.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Emery only played 1 game after a lockout... Too early to tell, let's see how he plays today. (if he is in the net which I think he will.)

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Emery has one start...and yes, one win, but it is not like he lit things up when in net that game. He was okay last year, but nothing great.

Crawford has been solid to say the least. He currently is boasting a 1.66 GAA, not bad for a guy that alot of people were calling to be traded or replaced after last season.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me Luongo. Thanks.

It is pretty clear that Luongo is better still, but the concerns about the salary cap are legitimate concerns. Crawford is playing well enough for this team to make a deep run. The question is will that continue when it counts most.

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is pretty clear that Luongo is better still, but the concerns about the salary cap are legitimate concerns. Crawford is playing well enough for this team to make a deep run. The question is will that continue when it counts most.

I guess it is too early to judge.

I'll reserve my judgements for Crawford till April. He doesn't have to play like Quick or Smith from last years playoffs, but if he can play at a high level, I'll start believing that he's a championship-caliber goalie.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Give me Luongo. Thanks.

Luongo > Crawford, true
But Luongo + Cap hit < Crawford + Boatload of prospects and NHLers required to get him

tomm1313

Former CBMB Member
Liked Posts:
Emry is looking pretty good today. He is pretty much carrying the team.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Crawford is producing and actually working with the pointman on those quick traps. Last year he hid behind his own defenders when he was fatigued and all of us were like.. YOU FUCKNUT.

He is also benefiting from a smarter line, giving him less shots to save. If CC can smother those loose pucks in the blue better(you know, not fall on your ass and rely on the puck staying flat), he'll actually be a pretty complete goalie.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I feel like people are exaggerating how bad Emery is. He hasn't lost a game yet this year, and I feel like the only reason we feel this way is because Crow has been so good and we never want him to leave the net.

with exception to last night where he stood on his head, his other start he was horrible. out of position, sloppy rebounds...it was quite scary. As a back up im ok with it as long as crawford grows as a player...if he becomes his last years self...than the tandem is sucks ass.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A great defense in front of him, but he finally got that elusive shutout tonight!

Shaes of 2010, when we lead the league in shots given up per game...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Crawford is silencing some people right now, sure, but the postseason will be his real proving ground.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
some dude on FB trying to tell me Crow sucks because he can't win a shootout :andruw:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would kind of be nice if he didn't suck at shootouts...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He hasn't sucked at shootouts in the past. He needs to forget what Turco taught him.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk