Cubs Conspiracy Theory

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start :fap: ing now boys!!!
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/felix-hernandez-seattle-mariners-discuss-extension-100-million-minimum-likely-012113

Few in baseball took note last Oct. 30 when the Chicago Cubs named Vanderbilt pitching coach Derek Johnson their minor-league pitching coordinator. But the move did not escape the attention of one rival executive, who viewed the hiring of Johnson as possibly the first step toward the Cubs landing left-hander David Price.

The Cubs, though, also could take a similar approach.

Ideally, they would prefer to keep their top prospects, then add Price in free agency just as those youngsters were starting to mature. Either way, the hiring of Johnson certainly wouldn’t hinder the Cubs’ pursuit of Price. The two were close at Vanderbilt, and friends say that Price gives Johnson significant credit for his success.

Price, the reigning American League Cy Young winner, obviously does not need Johnson’s tutelage at this stage of his career. Still, given their past relationship, Price almost certainly would welcome the chance to work with his former coach again.

Chicago also is relatively close to Price’s home in Nashville, and Price is one of those AL pitchers who dreams of playing in the NL and taking his regular turn in a batting order.

File all that away for future reference.

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
In reality though I don't expect the Cubs to land Price because of the above mentioned stuff. The Rays will deal him, and have a high asking price. And if Theo is building this team by the model he has preached the past two years, then that won't involve trading away the Cubs' better younger guys.

But then again Price is probably the best LHP in baseball so.... who knows :dunno:

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;f5M_Ttstbgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5M_Ttstbgs[/video]

OMFG BLACK HELICOPTERS PPL!

Yeah it's probs not gonna happen, I just hope dude institutes a great pitching philosophy.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to believe there's something to this

EdEdens12

Liked Posts:
I'd like to believe there's something to this

I like to imagine Theo as some sort of an evil genious who is thinking five steps ahead of everyone else, so yeah, I hope there is something to this as well

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I'd love for us to get Price, but he's gonna cost a ton. I think he'd be worth it, aces like him don't come available everyday, and if we have the chance, I hope Theo and Jed jump into that deal with all 4 feet. I believe we'll have the farm system in place to get it done. Shark, Vogelbach, Jackson, Amaya, Hernandez could get it done for us, provided they all take that next developmental step. I think they will, some more than others. Shark is a piece they are saying they wanna build around, however he's no Price. He would give them a good young starter in return though, Vogelbach would give them a power guy in their future that would be among the most powerful bats in the league when he's ready at 1st or DH.