Cubs extend Kyle Hendricks

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Knew it was going to happen sooner or later...
The cubs dont have much to rely on in the system and teams are tying up/extending their own good pitchers/players now

I said this back when Epstein started building through the draft , the Future of Free Agency will be mainly ovuer 30 players and role players.
Teams wont be able to go out and sign a stud player to hope and build their franchise around anymore, theyll have to do it from within or trades that will cost them top prospects and money...

Why I think the whitesox hurt themselves by not going all in on Machado, etc.
Their main prospect Hope's are pitching and we all know how that goes as far as success rate.
Even with Jiminez, their behind with hitting prospects and it could be a few more years to build that up.

Cubs, not being able to afford Harper could hurt but they at least have a young hitting core that they can hope will put it together again and be successful like they were in 2016..

Player movement will become more interesting in next couple years as we may see more trades being made and I'm wondering if this will be what finally allow them to start trading draft picks in new CBA..