Cubs Interested in Michael Bourn

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, Rice. Didn't see it.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/cubs-have-interest-in-michael-bourn.html

“We do have to address our outfield and we will look to do that,” said GM Jed Hoyer. “We like our prospects, but when they are as far away as some of those guys are you can’t think about those guys. You have to think about your team now ... There are a number of players we will be talking to over the next few weeks."
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5xifpZdhPoYg1km8.99

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
S'okay :D

I think they're just doing the normal due diligence stuff.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
S'okay :D

I think they're just doing the normal due diligence stuff.

I'd assume so, as well. The article says Boras is probably looking for 9 figures ($100M), and that's probably gonna be too expensive for the Cubs in 2013. His OBP was .348 last season, which is pretty not bad...I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a good size contract, but I doubt the cubs will be the team to do it.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bourn is like a Chipotle burrito. Does somethings well but ultimately leaves you feeling like you paid too much.
Definitely not Q'Doba.

Maybe it's not so bad because the burrito will give you the runs :D
It's funny b/c he runs! :lol:

Ultimately, I agree. I think he'll get a deal that will be almost worth it the first half of the contract...and overpaying more and more each year after.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh he'll give your runs. He's a good ballplayer, but a really expensive good ballplayer.

Yeah I have no doubt that the contract will be terrible down the road for whatever team signs him, but it is kind of fun to think about the Cubs getting some top free agents.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely not Q'Doba.

It's funny b/c he runs! :lol:

Ultimately, I agree. I think he'll get a deal that will be almost worth it the first half of the contract...and overpaying more and more each year after.

The runs are fun until you realize it's all shit.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I have no doubt that the contract will be terrible down the road for whatever team signs him, but it is kind of fun to think about the Cubs getting some top free agents.

Next off-season, my friend...and even more the next off-season :shifty:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Next off-season, my friend...and even more the next off-season :shifty:

This is what it's come to, Cubs fans. We're not even going w/ "Wait 'Til Next Year" anymore...it's officially "Wait 'Til Next Offseason!"

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly just due diligence. He's kinda good and will need to be paid more than he's worth...the Cubs aren't looking for anyone kinda good or wanting money.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont see how this fits the Cubs at all. He a older CF that will lose his speed before Cubs even start sniffing around .500

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That is the problem with the "plan". the cubs specs are either far away or may not pan out in the MLB...a little early to tell, but vitters and jackson are ehhh. I wouldnt hold my breath on those 2.

Oh, I agree. but I don't believe the "plan" revolves around those two. Regardless of how our current 'spects plan out - it really wasn't much of a secret that we needed to REALLY build our farm system up. it was beyond bad.