Cubs interested in Scott Hairston?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schierholtz is on a one-year deal so it's not like he'll be taking up an OF spot forever either. Eventually you'll need someone to replace someone else. It's also not like any of the Cubs OFs is "blocking" anyone important :lol: Have you seen our team? :cubstroll:

While Schierholtz's deal is a one year, he actually has another year of arbitration eligibity left after this season. So if the Cubs want to keep him they do have his rights for next season.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Another option to trade come July if he is playing well

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Soriano gets traded preseason, Hairston is starting LF, Campy makes 5th OF.

Yeah, prolly. But I'll be surprise if the Cubs do sign Hairston. They won't do the 2/8 and might not even for 2/6. I thiink the best they may do is 2/5 and maybe some kind of option.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Yeah, prolly. But I'll be surprise if the Cubs do sign Hairston. They won't do the 2/8 and might not even for 2/6. I thiink the best they may do is 2/5 and maybe some kind of option.

I think he is worth 4M a year, might get a little less since Mets dont wanna pay his asking price

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
While Schierholtz's deal is a one year, he actually has another year of arbitration eligibity left after this season. So if the Cubs want to keep him they do have his rights for next season.

Yup, but that only sweetens the trade pot a bit so.... :shifty:

Chitownboss12

Liked Posts:
It is not often that Scott Hairston is considered one of the better names on the free agent market, but with most of the prizes already given away, Hairston could arguably slot right behind Michael Bourn in terms of the top outfielders left on the market. It has been known for a few days now that Hairston has been talking a deal with the Yankees as well as last team, the Mets. However, earlier today, Jon Heyman reported that Hairston and the Cubs have been “talking”. The extent of their talking is unknown, so I caution all Cubs fans to hold their excitement, as we know that if we sign Hairston, he would surely bring us a World Series. Earlier today, it was also reported that Hairston declined a two year deal worth $8 million from the Mets, which would seem to be an insult to a guy who it 20 home runs last year, but Hairston is 32 and has never had a real great season in the majors. If he does go to the Cubs, he would likely serve as a fourth outfielder and would fill in for David DeJesus or Nate Schierholtz against left handed pitching. With the way the Cubs outfield situation is, it would make sense to sign Hairston, as many wouldn’t enjoy Tony Campana and Dave Sappelt serving as the backup outfielders, but at the moment, a deal between the two sides seems unlikely.

Blog Post

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really when he does the same thing about every Cubs move and rumor. Quite old by now and he really has no point.

this is the shit salami is talking about. my post was sarcasm to all the team theo lovers here that take the smallest of move and start to :fap: because its theo. I wouldnt make these comments if it wasnt for so many sheep out there, plain and simple.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
this is the shit salami is talking about. my post was sarcasm to all the team theo lovers here that take the smallest of move and start to :fap: because its theo. I wouldnt make these comments if it wasnt for so many sheep out there, plain and simple.

Couldn't help but laugh my ass off Cars. Nice to see the jars of Vaseline opening up for Hairston and the smell of burning rubber flooding the air after the preliminary circle jerk has concluded.
Another possible, key piece, in what will surely be another tanking of a season to gain a high draft pick a few lottery tickets.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where exactly was the :fap: in this thread?

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
This thread has posts, thus everyone in it must be fapping.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except for guys who get it clearly.