Cubs making hard push for Kimbrel

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The unknown source report is the cubs could have been paying Zobrist for his leave, so there is no fact that there is money available. It would seem after it passed the week or two he originally asked for, they might have stopped paying.

so you offer Kimbrel 15 million, it takes him 3 weeks to get here, you are basically paying half no?

Still dont see it, since the red sox did not trust him in the playoffs anymore. I really dont know why nobody was talking to him before the date they were able to sign him.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been leary of his arm strength for awhile. But I seriously doubt the Cubs will drop $15 mill in his lap sight unseen. He hasn't thrown a meaningful pitch in 8 months....I'm sure they will require a workout from him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The unknown source report is the cubs could have been paying Zobrist for his leave, so there is no fact that there is money available. It would seem after it passed the week or two he originally asked for, they might have stopped paying.

so you offer Kimbrel 15 million, it takes him 3 weeks to get here, you are basically paying half no?

Still dont see it, since the red sox did not trust him in the playoffs anymore. I really dont know why nobody was talking to him before the date they were able to sign him.

No they have been saving 75K per game

I would think this is more so Zo telling Theo and Joe to go forward with it because his mind is not on the sport at this time.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...st-situation-could-factor-into-their-pursuit/

Cubs are making a hard push for Kimbrel and using the Zo money could do the trick.

A bunch of teams are after him now soooo we will see.

I would think that he is looking at 12M on a rental.

Cubs could flip 9.

But most teams most likely are just looking at a rent.

Cubs are dropping payroll and Kimbrel provides a stability going into a pen turn over.

So they could offer a multi deal and if that is what he is looking at then there could be a deal place.

If he is looking at a 1 year to set up for a larger payday I doubt the Cubs can compete.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
TEAMS
logo image

AL Central Notes: Kimbrel, Witt, Vaughn, Greene
June 5th, 2019 at 9:02am CST • By Jeff Todd
We’ve heard that the Twins are involved in the still-evolving market for free agent reliever Craig Kimbrel. But how aggressive will the Minnesota organization be and what will it take to make a deal? One unidentified source tells Joel Sherman of the New York Post that Kimbrel is seen as a “priority” for the Twins, though it’s tough to pin down the meaning of that phrase unless it’s coming straight from the top of the Minnesota front office. Notably, Kimbrel is said to have continued his quest for a multi-year deal into the summer. That approach promises to have major ramifications for his market, as it could both limit the field of suitors (some teams may only want a rental) and expand it (others may also shop for the future and see an opportunity to defer the money it will take to secure his services).
While the Twins are posing a challenge to the perennial front-running Indians, a few other teams from the division have been busy cashing in their consolation prizes from rough 2018 seasons …

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I've been leary of his arm strength for awhile. But I seriously doubt the Cubs will drop $15 mill in his lap sight unseen. He hasn't thrown a meaningful pitch in 8 months....I'm sure they will require a workout from him.

Hasn't he had scouts at simulated outings all season?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The scare was in his walk ratio. He started going more off speed as his 4 went from 3 to 2 digets.

I'm not concerned. This is more so adjustments to establish a new arsonal and he has had the time.e off to polish it

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I would think that he is looking at 12M on a rental.

Cubs could flip 9.

But most teams most likely are just looking at a rent.

Cubs are dropping payroll and Kimbrel provides a stability going into a pen turn over.

So they could offer a multi deal and if that is what he is looking at then there could be a deal place.

If he is looking at a 1 year to set up for a larger payday I doubt the Cubs can compete.

Its down to the cubs and Dodgers alledgededly, the Dodgers have offered 3/46. Guess its him and Jensen then.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Its down to the cubs and Dodgers alledgededly, the Dodgers have offered 3/46. Guess its him and Jensen then.

I’d think if we offer similar we get him. He won’t be the closer there, so if it’s close that should sway him. I was thinking if we could get him for 3 years 42-45 mill that wouldn’t be terrible.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is not going to sign to set up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t know why fans would think nobody was talking to him or watching him prior to the draft.

Many teams are interested and nobody is going to wait until after the draft to start their scouting.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Must have called Cargo.

"Are they Cool?"

"Ya. Fount of youth and all that shit. Toilets on the home side are kept clean. I know we had to clean our own shitters. Ya and that hot tub was always broke. I know. But that home club house is off the hook."

"Ok I'm down"

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I’d think if we offer similar we get him. He won’t be the closer there, so if it’s close that should sway him. I was thinking if we could get him for 3 years 42-45 mill that wouldn’t be terrible.
yeah, I guess we see when they start paying him, what kind of shape he is in, how many bull pen sessions or AAA games. Dont think he would like that much either.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Must have called Cargo.

"Are they Cool?"

"Ya. Fount of youth and all that shit. Toilets on the home side are kept clean. I know we had to clean our own shitters. Ya and that hot tub was always broke. I know. But that home club house is off the hook."

"Ok I'm down"
Were they teammates somewhere?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
And there it is.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I wonder if this means Morrow is not coming back or if one has nothing to do with the other.