Cubs sign Dontrelle Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Coming back huh ? Bad trade at the time , but kind of a flash in the pan career really . Prolly nothing left but good luck to the guy .

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch him go back to the old Marlins days

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't get lucky like the Cardinals when it comes to stuff like that.

right, because its all luck. :rolleyes:

thiszzs couldzz beesszz a Mahalomnzzz likezszs dealz and teh stufzs

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
right, because its all luck. :rolleyes:

thiszzs couldzz beesszz a Mahalomnzzz likezszs dealz and teh stufzs

Wow wait to contradict yourself in the same post. First you call me out for complaining about the ridiculous luck the Cards have gotten in journeyman/lightning in the bottle candidates over the past twenty years, and then call me out for saying every deal is going to be like the Maholm deal. Pick a lane dude.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow wait to contradict yourself in the same post. First you call me out for complaining about the ridiculous luck the Cards have gotten in journeyman/lightning in the bottle candidates over the past twenty years, and then call me out for saying every deal is going to be like the Maholm deal. Pick a lane dude.

pick a lane? really? I did.

I basically stated that you are in denial if you think that "We don't get lucky like the Cardinals when it comes to stuff like that. " because if you believe their success over the years with resurrgent players, unexpected youngsters etc is all luck that you are a fool.

my last statement was sarcasm....I dont know but im pretty sure there was a lot of ZZZZs in the statement.....let me scroll up....yep....lots of ZZZZs...sorry it wasnt green. everytime the cubs sign any pitcher that has a pulse....fans always say the same thing about mahalomn.

ps--- if the cubs where to have that cardinals like success with their players year in and year out....would you call it luck? I bet not.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
pick a lane? really? I did.

I basically stated that you are in denial if you think that "We don't get lucky like the Cardinals when it comes to stuff like that. " because if you believe their success over the years with resurrgent players, unexpected youngsters etc is all luck that you are a fool.

my last statement was sarcasm....I dont know but im pretty sure there was a lot of ZZZZs in the statement.....let me scroll up....yep....lots of ZZZZs...sorry it wasnt green. everytime the cubs sign any pitcher that has a pulse....fans always say the same thing about mahalomn.

ps--- if the cubs where to have that cardinals like success with their players year in and year out....would you call it luck? I bet not.

Whatever dude, I've gone through the list before with you. How much you want to bet Lance Berkman falls off a cliff this year? Care to check out Tony Womack's career? The Cards are a class organization, but if a Cards fan is going to come in here and talk about the D-Train magically returning to be a Cy Young candidate I am going to call a spade a spade.

But whatever continue to build up strawman arguments and diversions from actually responding to a point.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever dude, I've gone through the list before with you. How much you want to bet Lance Berkman falls off a cliff this year? Care to check out Tony Womack's career? The Cards are a class organization, but if a Cards fan is going to come in here and talk about the D-Train magically returning to be a Cy Young candidate I am going to call a spade a spade.

But whatever continue to build up strawman arguments and diversions from actually responding to a point.

I think I pretty much stayed on topic. maybe I was a bit sarcastic but I was on topic.

FACT: you called the cards lucky. Not something i would expect from someone who is intelligent like yourself to state.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I pretty much stayed on topic. maybe I was a bit sarcastic but I was on topic.

FACT: you called the cards lucky. Not something i would expect from someone who is intelligent like yourself to state.

And the backhanded compliments come out. I didn't realize I was so honored to receive those from you. I talked about one particular situation in which I feel the Cards have been luckier than the Cubs. I feel like I have a pretty strong case supporting that point. I have many times acknowledged the facts that the Cards have been a better run franchise throughout history, and I really don't see how that off the cuff statement implied that the Cards entire success as a franchise is attributed to luck.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
low risk, high reward. nothing to complain about at all

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
So does anybody here have a detachable cawk?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
We crushed this guy game 4 of the 2003 NLCS. He's no good. Best case scenario it's a Paul Maholm type deal.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Coming back huh ? Bad trade at the time , but kind of a flash in the pan career really . Prolly nothing left but good luck to the guy .
He's done. I watched him pitch when he was with the Diamondbacks a couple of years ago fast ball was around 83mph and couldnt get the ball over the plate. He's a has been.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's done. I watched him pitch when he was with the Diamondbacks a couple of years ago fast ball was around 83mph and couldnt get the ball over the plate. He's a has been.

He's not even getting a guaranteed invite to big league spring training. This isn't a big deal. If it works, jazz hands. If not, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.