Cubs Sign Nick Schierholtz - one year, $2.25MM

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Yea I guess it's the right move . Better to have the guy ready when he does come full time so he can have consistent success and avoid the Gordon Beckham syndrome .

But if I was B.J. I'd still be pizzed ( sort of ) .

Ohhh he's got a lot of work to do. I really want to see the new swing and see what he's doing differently. It has me intrigued.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
They're gonna exploit the holes in his swing forever . He needs every AB he can get and he needs to work his nuts off fixing them . I was a lousy curveball hitter for years then one day I hit a dinger on one and was alot better w them from then on . Literally knew that something "clicked" in my brain on that swing that day . Hope it 'clicks' for him someday . He's got Jim Edmonds-like ability imo .

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
They're gonna exploit the holes in his swing forever . He needs every AB he can get and he needs to work his nuts off fixing them . I was a lousy curveball hitter for years then one day I hit a dinger on one and was alot better w them from then on . Literally knew that something "clicked" in my brain on that swing that day . Hope it 'clicks' for him someday . He's got Jim Edmonds-like ability imo .

I think it's more likely that he ends up being the poor man's Curtis Granderson, Tigers era.

It's going to be hard to make a case for him being an MLB regular if he can't hit this year at either level. I think most fans would be ok with sacrificing some of the power potential for more contact. He doesn't have to be a 25 HR guy to be productive, but he does have to slash that K rate down by a lot, even his minor league rates were ugly.

You know, it might be that he's more like Drew Stubbs now that I think about it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm personally hoping Brett Jackson can turn into Mike Cameron or better.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I'm personally hoping Brett Jackson can turn into Mike Cameron or better.

If he did that....

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
But y'know. Stop striking out.

leonard011

Liked Posts:
Nate Schierholtz

Cubs Sign Outfielder Nate Schierholtz To One-Year Deal

(officially announced)

Last edited by a moderator:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
This signing should open the floodgates for The Boy Blunders, to pay another team 26 million dollars to take Soriano off of our hands, and receive a player probably no better than Brett Jackson in return, while throwing away the rest of the ten million down the drain.

Let the dynasty begin !!!!!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Muskat on Hoyer talking up Schierholtz:

The Cubs have been busy adding pitchers this offseason. What about the outfield? GM Jed Hoyer said Wednesday that they project free agent Nate Schierholtz, who signed prior to the holidays, to be a regular in right field.

“He’s certainly going to play a ton for us,” Hoyer said. “We feel he’s a guy who has been undervalued and a guy who, with more at-bats, can thrive. He’s played in the NL West and playing 100 games that are tough hitters ballparks.”