Cubs to lower ticket prices next season

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight, I can fight traffic, pay $20 for parking, and save a whopping 2% at the gate for what amounts to a slightly upgraded minor league club.

http://www.kccougars.com/ticketssingleprices.html

Or I can pay 1970's prices, $5 to park, and not fight traffic to basically see the equivalent level of talent I would see@Wrigley.

Got it, lol

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I'm spoiled by living in the city, I always take the El :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about current season tic holders that sell a portion of them in order to afford the entire package...MLB going after them as well?.

I think the Cubs realize that those situations happen and they don't discourage it. What they are targeting are the guys who don't even live in Chicago and have no intention whatsoever of actually stepping foot inside Wrigley Field. If you're going to share your season ticket package or sell a couple on StubHub, I don't think the Cubs will revoke your tickets. But if you're hoarding a couple dozen packages and you live in California, then that might raise some red flags.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs realize that those situations happen and they don't discourage it. What they are targeting are the guys who don't even live in Chicago and have no intention whatsoever of actually stepping foot inside Wrigley Field. If you're going to share your season ticket package or sell a couple on StubHub, I don't think the Cubs will revoke your tickets. But if you're hoarding a couple dozen packages and you live in California, then that might raise some red flags.

From what I'm hearing, many scalpers don't care b/c they don't really make $$ unless it's a playoff type year...and therefore have written-off 2013. But I also see this is a national crackdown, which is a good thing for fans. I used to buy single game tics from a season tic holder(jammyman, wears pajamas to games...lol), he only charged face value. Plus he gave away a free pair every year after a contest. Those are the guys that should NOT be penalized.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the fan you speak of is going to be penalized.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'll have to hit up a scalper the day of the game instead of through StubHub to get those 99-cent games :cubstroll:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Muskat sez:

Note to all Cubs fans: the team has renewed its agreement with StubHub. A team spokesman said Friday the only change with the deal is that the Cubs have chosen to end StubHub sales six hours before game time. Earlier this month, there were reports that the Cubs had ended their agreement with the ticket agency.

I guess that means after you get past the six hours before period, you will have to rely on scalpers.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
#RICKETTSCHEAP

THEY MAKE ALL THE MONEY, THIS IS A FALSE FLAG. PSY OPS PEOPLE, GOOGLE IT.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg