Cubs vs Braves IGT (Vol. Silence negligent)

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Brantley would have been nice. Then trade Schwarber after. Cudda wodda shoulda

Or if you traded Schwarber for Miller then you don't trade Soler for Davis and you don't trade Torres for Chapman. Your lineup everyday could be right now

Torres - 2B
Bryant - LF
Rizzo - 1B
Baez - SS
Contreras - C
Heyward - CF/RF
Soler - RF (RHP) / Almora CF (LHP)
P
Bote - 3B

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Or if you traded Schwarber for Miller then you don't trade Soler for Davis and you don't trade Torres for Chapman. Your lineup everyday could be right now

Torres - 2B
Bryant - LF
Rizzo - 1B
Baez - SS
Contreras - C
Heyward - CF/RF
P
Bote - 3B

Aaaaaahhhh they exist.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
From that report Sat he goes 45. If all signs are good then the next step should be a rehab stint. He still needs to get live games in before rejoining the team

But I would move Alzolay into piggyback mode then. He has the ability to shut down a O. So on any rough start they can just plug him in to shut them up and let the O play catch up. I see his heel being getting past the 60 pitch mark. That puts stress on the pen. But in this role he becomes an asset.
That would make him available only every five days, same as a starter, with no guarantee he pitches on any particular day.

When Hendricks returns, I'd prefer to see Alzolay either stay in a six man rotaion (assuming that is short term), or replace Darvish.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Michael Brantley wins the award for "Most Talked About Non-Cub" on the Cubs forum.

Sorry I’ve mentioned him a lot just because I liked the fit a lot. Going into the offseason I thought he should be a primary target

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Torres - 2B
Bryant - LF
Rizzo - 1B
Baez - SS
Contreras - C
Heyward - CF/RF
P
Bote - 3B

And instead of winning a WS, we'd be celebrating NL Central titles.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sorry I’ve mentioned him a lot just because I liked the fit a lot. Going into the offseason I thought he should be a primary target
I am not arguing whether he would be a good fit. But at some point, when your ex-girlfirend gets married, you need to let her go. :)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Torres - 2B
Bryant - LF
Rizzo - 1B
Baez - SS
Contreras - C
Heyward - CF/RF
P
Bote - 3B

And you dont win a WS. I cant really be mad at any moves if we are legit contenders every season. It is what Theo gets paid to do.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That would make him available only every five days, same as a starter, with no guarantee he pitches on any particular day.

When Hendricks returns, I'd prefer to see Alzolay either stay in a six man rotaion (assuming that is short term), or replace Darvish.

I'm guessing that Brach would be the next axe to get Hendricks on the 25 man.

You know at this point it is a toss up between Darvish and Q. Both are sub par this year. Q makes more sense in the pen out of the two. The pen needs a lefty anyways. But Darvish in the rotation is a headache.

Pick your poison.