Cubs vs Cards 6/26-6/28

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well at least we can see what Donn Roach does against major league hitting. He should hold the advantage as there is not much info on him yet.

Extreme contact pitcher

chibears55

Liked Posts:
His PC was 102. It is not like they pulled him after 80. You are making a issue out of a non issue. What do you want? Him to go another 120 pitches just to bypass Strop?

Stop has days like this. Gets wrecked. But the fact Jake was so dominate I'll bet any pitcher who comes in after would have gotten tagged.

Anyways the real issue is the lack of run support. Cubs need to be able to put up 4 runs in a game more often. Getting Soler back should help. With him back they can make the line up Fowler, Bryant, Rizzo, Soler, Montero, Castro, Coghlan, Pitcher, Russell. That is a huge improvement.

Ummmm. . Nobody making this an issue, i didn't go on a rant or crucify maddon over this..

No big deal, i understand maddon gave him the opportunity to get him a complete game shutout. ...

Im also not placing blame of last night lost on that decision, especially since Arrieta pitched 7 strong innings and left game with a lead...

I made a simple comment on Sunday basically saying that i wouldn't of sent him out in the 9th with game in hand and him over 100 pitches , only because there was no off day til his next start and id rather have him with the extra bullets facing the Cardinals then risking him getting gassed early. .

Last night he pitched great and went 7... just saying that hey maybe if he didn't spend those extra bullets in the 9th on Sunday, he mightve been able to go out in the 8th last night and throw those extra 15-20 pitches he used up on Sunday ...

Who knows outcome mightve been different. ...

i said the game last night was more on the offense for leaving 12 men on base..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Eh, on the same token do you expect Hammel to keep a sub 2 era? I don't. It's baseball. Shit balances out. Some of these kids are going to get tired wen the season becomes grueling. I'm not saying they won't be a wild card team but it wouldn't surprise me if they miss it by a couple of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree if team mainly stays as is...

Hopefully their able to add a starter who could add a spark to the rotation. ..

A reliever or just Ramirez and Soriano being able to bolster the bullpen in 2nd half...

I know im in the minority here, but id like to see them add a bat for LF. ..

id rather have cogs and Denorfia bat off the bench, then in starting lineup. . I like having a strong bench ..

Ross, Olt, Cogs,Denorfia, and another infielder...
maybe Alcantara if he not traded..

Good righty/lefty combo..
some power, obp , speed, and defense combined in those 5

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of the problem is Maddon's insistance on batting the pitcher 8th. Guess what, it's not working....mostly because Russell and Fowler aren't getting on base enough to make it a feasible move. You're getting more situations where you want a hitter in the eight slot.....less with Rizzo coming up with men on base. In theory, I'm not arguing the validity of hitting the pitcher 8th but the other pieces of the puzzle need to be working or you just look like an idiot. Even LaRussa gave it up after awhile.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Soler and olt hopefully returns next weekend against miami and in time for Cardinals and White Sox series

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I predict extreme contact, alright.

As long as it is 3:1 Ground vs air it should not be a issue. He elevates then it woll be a long night. Or a short one for me cause I'll tune the game out.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
We need more than one run here though, god damnit

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
We have to be better with clutch hitting/hitting WRISP against good teams. We constantly leave people on base

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Missed opportunities again and now the Cardinals are getting to Roach and just knocked him out...

I know they will never do this but sometimes it could be better to just start a game like this with the bullpen. . Especially when you don't really have anyone to come up and cover a start.. your most likely gonna burn the pen anyways

Wood go 3 inning, Jackson 3 innings, etc etc

CSF77

Liked Posts:
How about those Bears?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Guess this is the swoon we expected earlier in the month...

Hopefully they can right the ship against the mets and marlins

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Fuck the cardinals.......

Need TOR pitching. Stop throwing processed shit against the wall, Theo.

Spend and get the guy this winter or by trade. Division is wide open right now.