D Rose Discussion Thread

Liked Posts:
We have injury prone players. Boozer missed time in Utah before he came here. Ditto for Rip in Detroit and Kirk in Atl/Wash. Joakim has had PF for a few years now- that gets treated but never really goes away from what I understand. Rose BLEW OUT HIS ACL. A training staff can not prevent that. Deng had a Spinal Tap. IDK how that could be prevented either. The roster is injury-prone b/c of who's on it, not b/c of the training staff.

And that's exactly why the Bulls are going fishing.....so is that the inevitable then?

casinnova

Liked Posts:
And what does you having torn your ACL have to do with Derrick Rose?

You aren't the damn flagship of a NBA team, you don't have millions of dollars invested into your future, and you don't know specifically what Rose's reasons are as to not playing, just the media's. You are just a fan. Nothing More. The guy who calls into sports radio or posts on message boards with a distinct conclusion that "if only *insert player* had the intestinal fortitude of the average person he would be out on the field/court in a similar fashion to the average Joe punching a time clock".

Give it a rest. Rose is done for now. Chances are he still had effects and they didn't announce it because teams still had to plan for him playing instead of building a game plan around a team with out him. This Bulls team got as far as it was going to with or without Derrick Rose.

Supple

Nothing at all.... scottiepippen1994 asked me.... I don't know why he asked me since I have nothing to do with Derrick Rose or Labrun. They represent basketball, and seeing them makes me sick of basketball. Not very hard to draw up that association. The guys getting paid millions to play are supposed to represent the epitome of the sport... instead they turn it into a circus. oh well, if it wasn't for money they probably wouldn't even play. shoot, they get money and still don't play. wtf.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe the number of idiots (and so many of them "Bulls fans") calling Rose a "pussy" or a traitor or something along those lines.

If it wasn't for Adrian Peterson's Wolverine-like healing powers, this would not have been so overblown in the media and by the fans themselves. And those who compare it to Iman Shumpert, I'm pretty sure James Dolan isn't nearly as concerned with the long-term prognosis of him as, say, Jerry Reinsdorf is in his $100,000,000+ investment. Derrick Rose is the damn franchise. Shumpert has had set-backs all year and has worked his way through them. Rose has taken precautions to insure he will not become the next Anfernee Hardaway/Brandon Roy. Bulls' fans should be grateful for that.

Adidas' "The Return" campaign was never good PR. It frustrated me from day 1 because I was actually pretty sure Rose would not come back at all before the season ever started and I knew it might backfire because of fan expectations. The sad thing is we don't know the reasons his return was hyped so much. Maybe Rose did have a set-back and it was kept hushed to avoid hurting the surgeon's reputation. Maybe there was a conspiracy to keep Bulls' fans paying high ticket prices later in the year by Bulls' ownership themselves. We simply do not know.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
i just hope that all the haters wont be cryin and bitchin when this kid leaves chicago. dont talk about loyalty when he leaves because when the guy was hurt, these fans werent even loyal enough to him to believe that his knee just wasnt feeling ready enough. fk the doctor's clearance, the doctor isnt the one running around on that knee. only rose knows what his knee feels like.

thanks for running the kid out of town. now its only a matter of time.