Darvish = headcase

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Not exactly the takeaway I was left with from the piece. Guys that sign big contracts often feel like this and it affects their performance early on. Darvish is a seasoned MLB pitcher with a history of strong performance. As long as he's healthy I'm not concerned. Jon Lester was in the same boat a few years ago but clearly didn't have a buddy to speculate to the media.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Not exactly the takeaway I was left with from the piece. Guys that sign big contracts often feel like this and it affects their performance early on. Darvish is a seasoned MLB pitcher with a history of strong performance. As long as he's healthy I'm not concerned. Jon Lester was in the same boat a few years ago but clearly didn't have a buddy to speculate to the media.
When you are a high profile, experienced player with a new 150M contract, I expect him to have a thick skin and not whine to friends and teammates about how he isn't loved by the fans. Maybe Darvish could use some of the $150m and purchase a pair of balls.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a great idea to make a guy grow some andwreck a post TJ surgery.

Glad that we have this expert medical advice coming form a accredited source.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lester had Ross which I'm sure helped alot after that first month...

I think Darvish will be fine, he just needs to get over that hurdle and only way to do that is by putting together a couple of solid starts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why should he care what Ommy thinks or ChiBear, TC or me? He's got $150 mill in his pocket. If I was him, I'd tell the booing morons at Wrigley to just keep filling the park and to also kiss my ass.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Why should he care what Ommy thinks or ChiBear, TC or me? He's got $150 mill in his pocket. If I was him, I'd tell the booing morons at Wrigley to just keep filling the park and to also kiss my ass.
It the new world we live in today....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When you are a high profile, experienced player with a new 150M contract, I expect him to have a thick skin and not whine to friends and teammates about how he isn't loved by the fans. Maybe Darvish could use some of the $150m and purchase a pair of balls.

Wouldn't matter what he did or how he reacted to it. You'd criticize.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Wouldn't matter what he did or how he reacted to it. You'd criticize.
STFU. Name one time where I ever criticized Darvish before? You can't. In fact, I have said very little on this forum in the last year. I just come here to watch you and the other whiners whine every night. Ya'll start your whinefest 5 minutes after the game starts

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Different cultures. Japan is pretty obsessed with honor and what not. I mean this is the culture where seppuku was a thing. Plus, japanesse players in the MLB don't just view their performance as being about them but they view it as representing their entire country.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So this is the first sign from the Giminez effect on Darvish. Either Darvish had absolutely nobody he talked to for these forst three months, the ones he told did not care, or Giminez broke the golden rule and did not keep it in the locker room.

Not what I expected.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I really cringe when people in the sports world use the word "headcase". Especially when integrated with a different culture where expectations are entirely different.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, at least they sent the message that the hardest working player on the team won't get rewarded even if they win a cy young and lead the team to a championship.

Its not about that, so just show up and enjoy yourself in Madden's party while you can.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Well, at least they sent the message that the hardest working player on the team won't get rewarded even if they win a cy young and lead the team to a championship.

Its not about that, so just show up and enjoy yourself in Madden's party while you can.

They tried to negotiate a long term deal with Arrieta after 2015 and again after 2016; he refused to talk both times. Then they essentially offered him a similar deal to Darvish in FA; he refused again.

In short, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Not that that's surprising.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
They tried to negotiate a long term deal with Arrieta after 2015 and again after 2016; he refused to talk both times. Then they essentially offered him a similar deal to Darvish in FA; he refused again.

In short, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Not that that's surprising.
An insult in every post you make. See a psychiatrist

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I get it. Begging Jake to get to the table, then hearing boreass and his 175 stupidity, shows how this boreass is ruining the league. Didnt he make enough damn money to just go the fuck away now?

So after 3 times of attempting to talk to Jake and getting turned down, the cubs made one more last ditch effort, calling Jake BEFORE offering YU the deal and telling him, this is what we are going to offer, its either you or Yu. They gave him right of first refusal.

Jake was great here, but you almost have to believe that the cubs getting all the credit for turning Jake around kind of sours said player. Jake worked his ass off too. Remember, Baltimore pitchers were banned from throwing cutters, all Jake did was start throwing it and became a cy young.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I get it. Begging Jake to get to the table, then hearing boreass and his 175 stupidity, shows how this boreass is ruining the league. Didnt he make enough damn money to just go the fuck away now?

So after 3 times of attempting to talk to Jake and getting turned down, the cubs made one more last ditch effort, calling Jake BEFORE offering YU the deal and telling him, this is what we are going to offer, its either you or Yu. They gave him right of first refusal.

Jake was great here, but you almost have to believe that the cubs getting all the credit for turning Jake around kind of sours said player. Jake worked his ass off too. Remember, Baltimore pitchers were banned from throwing cutters, all Jake did was start throwing it and became a cy young.

The banning was for a reason. Pitchers ended up losing 2-3 MPH after adopting one (sound familiar). But when you are talking developing a pitcher adding a pitch that saps velocity can ruin a guy.

A cutter historically has been a go to pitch for guys that have already lost that MPH and they need to add another pitch or sub for a fastball.

Not be proven but the suspicion is high that going to a cutter did eventually rob Jake of a few mph.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But some pitchers have talked about it and it is based off of the grip. Cutter is held like a slider vs getting behind the ball like a 4 seem. Guys tend to not get behind the ball when throwing their 4 after going to a cut fastball. So it is fixable.

Dr.Footwear

Liked Posts:
Darvish is a sorry piece of shit. Stupid signing.