David Haugh...strange radio host; Gould take

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I never enjoyed Haugh's writings in the Tribune...I thought they were just lazy nonsense without much thought put into it or any historical knowledge. He's been "OK" as a radio host...what he says is usually baseless, but he has an agreeable enough personality to not be 'grating'. That said, he had been gone for awhile (replaced with LOU CANELLIS or all people...I guess Lou needed the paycheck...in Lou's short tenure, he predicted that Yu Darvish would win 18 games this year....perhaps Lou doesn't own a TV?) and I started to think that WSCR got rid of him.

But alas, Haugh is back on the airwaves. This morning, Robbie Gould potentially going back to the Bears was a topic. In the past, Haugh has ripped Pace for the whole Parkey situation and continues to point out that kicker is the #1 area of need on the Bears. Now, with the idea of the Bears getting Gould from the Niners, Haugh pulls a 180. He doesn't even care that the Bears would have to give up something to the Niners to get Gould, or that contract stuff would need to be worked out...Haugh incredibly now says (rhetorically, of course) "Would the Bears even WANT Robbie Gould?"

HUH?!

You've spent the last three months bashing the organization for their failure to find a kicker. In the three years since Gould was let go, he has been one of the best kickers in the NFL while the Bears have had one of the worst kicking games. I just get sick of Haugh's wishy-washiness, for lack of a better term. It's not even a "Skip Bayless Devil's Advocate" type thing, because he doesn't really even have an argument for his point. Its just a complete reversal of opinion, based on nothingness. I don't get it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never enjoyed Haugh's writings in the Tribune...I thought they were just lazy nonsense without much thought put into it or any historical knowledge. He's been "OK" as a radio host...what he says is usually baseless, but he has an agreeable enough personality to not be 'grating'. That said, he had been gone for awhile (replaced with LOU CANELLIS or all people...I guess Lou needed the paycheck...in Lou's short tenure, he predicted that Yu Darvish would win 18 games this year....perhaps Lou doesn't own a TV?) and I started to think that WSCR got rid of him.

But alas, Haugh is back on the airwaves. This morning, Robbie Gould potentially going back to the Bears was a topic. In the past, Haugh has ripped Pace for the whole Parkey situation and continues to point out that kicker is the #1 area of need on the Bears. Now, with the idea of the Bears getting Gould from the Niners, Haugh pulls a 180. He doesn't even care that the Bears would have to give up something to the Niners to get Gould, or that contract stuff would need to be worked out...Haugh incredibly now says (rhetorically, of course) "Would the Bears even WANT Robbie Gould?"

HUH?!

You've spent the last three months bashing the organization for their failure to find a kicker. In the three years since Gould was let go, he has been one of the best kickers in the NFL while the Bears have had one of the worst kicking games. I just get sick of Haugh's wishy-washiness, for lack of a better term. It's not even a "Skip Bayless Devil's Advocate" type thing, because he doesn't really even have an argument for his point. Its just a complete reversal of opinion, based on nothingness. I don't get it.

The best moment in the Mully and Haugh morning run was the day Danny Parkins filled in for Haugh last week. The guy is a bag of hot air, has an annoying voice and is genuinely not interesting.

Literally flabbergasted as to why he was chosen for the morning slot. Guy is a tool.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
David Haugh is a soyboi and does NOT get me pumped up on my ride to work!