3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Rays would be able to land Bundy and Myers in the same season, I'd shit my pants.

I doubt the Orioles would do it since they've been saying Machado and Bundy are untouchable, but again just trying to make the point of how other teams that are closer to being contenders have much more attractive pieces to offer.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I doubt the Orioles would do it since they've been saying Machado and Bundy are untouchable, but again just trying to make the point of how other teams that are closer to being contenders have much more attractive pieces to offer.

I agree with that 100%. It'd also be interesting to see if Price was traded, would whoever traded for him instantly look to lock him up to a long-term deal in hopes to curtail any opportunity of him leaving.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think those teams will outcompete the Cubs for Price, but the Cubs may still have a realistic shot of getting Upton since Upton isn't at the level of awesome that Price is enjoying right now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with that 100%. It'd also be interesting to see if Price was traded, would whoever traded for him instantly look to lock him up to a long-term deal in hopes to curtail any opportunity of him leaving.

If the trade happened in the offseason I could definitely see one of those big time prospects in the deal with a 24-48 hour window to negotiate an extension before the deal goes down.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
It would take Almora, Baez and an extra guy to get Price. I think Almora balances Baez out a bit in that his ceiling isn't anywhere near as high, but he is a safer bet to make the majors.

I am really struggling with this in terms of whether I'd pull the trigger or not, but that's because I love Price.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think those teams will outcompete the Cubs for Price, but the Cubs may still have a realistic shot of getting Upton since Upton isn't at the level of awesome that Price is enjoying right now.

I've made my feelings on Upton well known. I would love to have him in the middle of the order for the next decade.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would take Almora, Baez and an extra guy to get Price. I think Almora balances Baez out a bit in that his ceiling isn't anywhere near as high, but he is a safer bet to make the majors.

I am really struggling with this in terms of whether I'd pull the trigger or not, but that's because I love Price.

I'd do it in a video game because I wouldn't give a shit.

In real life I'd probably agonize over it for a week before flipping a coin :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've made my feelings on Upton well known. I would love to have him in the middle of the order for the next decade.

Justin Upton would become the Cubs' best offensive weapon if acquired right now. That's how sad the Cubs are.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Justin Upton would become the Cubs' best offensive weapon if acquired right now. That's how sad the Cubs are.

Anthony Rizzo disagrees, sir!

Anthony-Rizzo-finally-gets-the-call-Getty-Images.jpg

.... but you're probably right :lol:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs won't give up the same level of prospects as a team will that gives less of a fuck about prospects.

If price hit the free agent market, i really believe the Cubs would make a full on effort to be the top bidder. But prospects are too important to what they're trying to build, especially for the next few years.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buster Olney reports that many people around basbball think David Price will be dealt during the 2013 season. Olney has speculated that the Cubs will be in play for him after the season. As he's getting too expensive for the Rays ... he just was paid a little over 10.1 million in his 2nd year of arb.

I think the Cubs would make an acqusition at next year's trade deadline for Price if made available. This is one player, the Cubs would trade 'spects to get. I think a trade next off-seaosn is kore likely, tho. I can't see them trading Price during the season, ezpecially if their still in the playoff mix. Which I seen happening, even with the AL East being tougher than ever.

It will cost the Cubs and I do think they won't be afraid to make a trade for him. He's only 28 (in August) and a CY winner.

Here's the question: Would you trade Jeff Samardzija for Price? I know the Cubs would rather have Samarzija and Price in the same rotation, but I think it'll be easier on the farm system if they did. Maybe Samardzija, Maples, Villanueva and Lake/Szczur for Price and another player possibly (Desmond Jennings, maybe or a 'spect).

Acquring both Upton and Price would be the best thing to happen in Chicago. But it's a complete pipedream. To me, Price is way more likely than Upton to come to Chicago.

1) ummm yesss you trade shark.

2) bold: it will take much more than that.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1) ummm yesss you trade shark.

2) bold: it will take much more than that.

He doesn't understand that not every prospect has Wil Myers-type value.

Maples is so far away that his value is at a minimum, Villanueva lost stock this past year but is still solid, but not good enough to count as one of the multiple big names needed, Lake sucks, and Szczur's value fell off a cliff last year. Even Shark has had only one good year as a starter.

That trade could get you Price's used batting practice hat from an inter-league game, not much else :smug:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't understand that not every prospect has Wil Myers-type value.

Maples is so far away that his value is at a minimum, Villanueva lost stock this past year but is still solid, but not good enough to count as one of the multiple big names needed, Lake sucks, and Szczur's value fell off a cliff last year. Even Shark has had only one good year as a starter.

That trade could get you Price's used batting practice hat from an inter-league game, not much else :smug:

lol. true statements.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say just pass. Go affter Upton instead. He'll be more worth it, for sure. No doubt about it. The last thing I would do to the traede, ass Baez and take a player out. I'd rather give Baez out ion as Upton deal, tho. Upton makes a lot more sense for the price.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I say just pass. Go affter Upton instead. He'll be more worth it, for sure. No doubt about it. The last thing I would do to the traede, ass Baez and take a player out. I'd rather give Baez out ion as Upton deal, tho. Upton makes a lot more sense for the price.

Upton>Price? Not a chance. Not even remotely close IMO