David Price

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but I'd rather the Cubs overpay for a player who plays 160-162 games a season over a guy who takes the field every 5th day.

Too bad the Cubs would need pitching over position players.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
True, but I'd rather the Cubs overpay for a player who plays 160-162 games a season over a guy who takes the field every 5th day.

Too bad the Cubs would need pitching over position players.

Really? I would value the pitcher much more thant the position player. The position player plays every game but really only influences a small fraction of the game. The starting pitcher influences the majority of the game to all of it (depending on innings) every five days.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Upton>Price? Not a chance. Not even remotely close IMO

He's saying it's much more feasible to trade for Upton than Price based on that very opinion in the post just above. The quoted post was a difference in philosophy as it were.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And I'd still take Price even if he costs more. Overall Price would make the team better

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm just scared of Upton. When he's bad, he's well below what kind of money we'd have to pay him. And when you combine that with what the Cubs would give up to acquire him, I'm simply put off. David Price is a different story, he's one of the five best pitchers in baseball. I'm not sure Justin Upton is one of the five best outfielders in baseball.

In short -- I want David Price, right meow.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pitching is king. if i had a choice id take a deal for price over upton all day long.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
pitching is king. if i had a choice id take a deal for price over upton all day long.

I think most of us are in agreement, but the point being made here is that the package the Cubs are most likely to offer will be much more likely to bring back Upton than Price due to the huge disparity in their respective (perceived or actual) values.